Ovulation or pregnancy??

JennyW

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the boards :)
My period started on 8th of August and according to the ovulation calculators i could have ovulated between 16th and 24th August. My partner and I did 'the deed' on 15th August. For the last 3/4 days i have had what seem like pregnancy symptoms. I have felt a little sicky on and off throughout the day but more so when i first wake up, i have have had a real increase in discharge which has been thick and like egg whites, i have had been feeling low and moody, my boobs feel bigger, I have felt tired/spaced out and for the last two days have had cramps similar to period pains. I am basically unsure as to whether i'm currently still ovulating or if there is a chance i'm pregnant?? #confused

Thanks

Jenny

I think it's hard to know! Based on what u have said an only what I know, you are either pregnant or af coming.... Not sure about the ovulating??!!

Ur symptoms cud suggest u r pregnant! Do a test and see. It's the only way of knowing for sure. I love testing haha.

I hope someone can shed some light as I am all confused too and would like to know more xxx

If you are going off the ovulation calculator you found online, you most likely have no idea when ovulation actually happened.

You can't have pregnancy symptoms until after the egg has implanted, which usually occurs 6-12DPO (DPO = days past ovulation). Right now, my best bet is that everything is related to ovulation. I had a few days of nausea after ovulation this cycle. I felt bloated and like crap for a whole week after. My boobs hurt for days as well and seemed swollen. This is all normal and has nothing to do with pregnancy.

EWCM (egg while cervical mucus) is fertile CM that most women get around ovulation. I say around because some get it before, some during and some even after.

I suggest you pick up a BBT thermometer and start charting your temp on Fertility Friend. The site also has some great tutorials you can watch about temping and your cycle.

Yeh I have had sickness and cramps at ov time in the past, well on the middle of the month.

Beachy I thought it was the clear cm that was the fertile cm? U read so much online lol. I have temped before but I just can't bring myself to do it. I spend enough time honking and stressing about getting pregnant, I don't want to add to it which I think it will. .... Also, I have a 10month old that gets up between 5.30am and 8am so I don't think I could do it the same time every morning (if my understanding of how to temp is correct?). Thank u for the info! It's very helpful! I don't know much about ov so that has helped x

Not all fertile cm has to be clear, some women have cloudy ewcm. The stretch is most important!

Oh Ay I don't really wanna play with it ha thNks tho x

The only way to know is if you do a pregnancy test. No one on here can tell you unfortunately.

Good luck x

Well i tested this afternoon, was negative, it was too early to test so was a silly thing to do but couldn't help myself :( My period is due on 4th Sep......been having more cramps but they feel more like twinges and are on the right hand side?? Also when i wiped this morn there was a very very light brownish tinge to it my discharge and this afternoon there was a tiny spot of blood..... arghhhhhhhhhhhh

The blood/discharge could be implantation bleeding. Only test when your AF is due otherwise it'll drive you nuts if you keep testing early and see a BFN.

Goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->