Ovulation pain on both sides anyone?

Polkadotpea

Reaction score
Hiya,

When I ovulated I had strong ovulation pains, but on both my left and right ovaries, and now I am 1/2DPO and getting twinges around my left and right Fallopian tube areas, anyone else had this, I've heard women feeling it on either side but not both?:wacko:

Thanks in advance x

:flower:

I've been having this as well, ovulation day and 1dpo I had serious pains in both of my ovaries. An ultrasound had confirmed I had a large follicle on each so maybe it's both of them dropping eggs?:shrug: Either way, I hope it's good news for us!

I've been having this as well, ovulation day and 1dpo I had serious pains in both of my ovaries. An ultrasound had confirmed I had a large follicle on each so maybe it's both of them dropping eggs?:shrug: Either way, I hope it's good news for us!

Hiya,

Thanks for replying, did you have a scan due to the pain, or are you taking any fertility meds? Doesn't 2 eggs mean if they both get fertilised and implant you get non-identical twins!?!

Fingers crossed for us both, good luck lovely xx

I have a history of having cysts and having one burst in the last cycle she wanted to get a better look at how I was looking since I was close to O time. DH is rooting for twins, although the thought kind of scares me :haha: One or two, I would be so happy :)

Fingers crossed for you and I!!

I had pain on both sides yesterday, usually it's only on one side though!!

I have a history of having cysts and having one burst in the last cycle she wanted to get a better look at how I was looking since I was close to O time. DH is rooting for twins, although the thought kind of scares me :haha: One or two, I would be so happy :)

Fingers crossed for you and I!!

Ahh I understand why you had a scan now :)
I think twins are a very special gift you'd be blessed, it scares me too especially as I already have 3 children and we are ttc our last and final eeeek!! I've still got the twinges now and creamy CM and really low backache. Have you had any other symptoms along with your cramps and twinges?

X

I had pain on both sides yesterday, usually it's only on one side though!!

Yea I read earlier It's pretty uncommon to experience pain on both sides, I've had 3 children, and I've never experienced ovulation pains at all, or the ovulation bleeding I had 2 days prior to ovulation either in any of my other pregnancies.

Good luck x

I started feeling ovulation cramps after my son was born which I had never felt prior to having babies.. Now I feel it every month! It's always very noticeably on one side but last night I felt it on both sides and honestly couldn't tell if one side was more predominant than the other.. It was weird!

I started feeling ovulation cramps after my son was born which I had never felt prior to having babies.. Now I feel it every month! It's always very noticeably on one side but last night I felt it on both sides and honestly couldn't tell if one side was more predominant than the other.. It was weird!

Crazy isn't it! I am the same it wasn't more predominant on either side for me either, they both felt exactly the same! The same as my Fallopian tubes do now!
X

I've always had pains on my left side but this time around it was both and very intense! So I'm hoping that if both sides released an egg one or two will catch!

Lilninja your body must have changed after your last baby to make you have O pains, I welcome them really because then I pay attention to my body more during that time:thumbup:

How did your pains start out? Like were they on both sides or one after the other? The first positive opk I got my left side had serious pains then that night the left side stopped hurting and the right began! By the next afternoon I had an even darker and faster positive opk with more pains on my right.

Ya the first time I felt the I pains after my first baby I was like omg what is this!? It hurt so bad and then when af showed up I realized what it was and have had it every cycle since (only a few cause I got pregnant right away) then after she was born I had the pain again and sure enough my cycle started back up! Crazy how it works!! I rely on them every month to let me know where I'm at in my cycle!! Typically I get the pain on just one side for one day but yesterday it came on strong on both sides! It was weird!! That's crazy yours started on one side and then went to the other!!

Ya the first time I felt the I pains after my first baby I was like omg what is this!? It hurt so bad and then when af showed up I realized what it was and have had it every cycle since (only a few cause I got pregnant right away) then after she was born I had the pain again and sure enough my cycle started back up! Crazy how it works!! I rely on them every month to let me know where I'm at in my cycle!! Typically I get the pain on just one side for one day but yesterday it came on strong on both sides! It was weird!! That's crazy yours started on one side and then went to the other!!

Mine were on both sides at the same times, not one after the other, my LH surge came and went within a matter of hours, so it was a quick one! Mrsdragonfly, seens you had a scan and saw 2 eggs ready to pop either side and had pain one after the other I wonder if you did pop two eggs! Good luck so exciting!!

X

Fingers crossed for us all!

Yikes Ninja those pains sound awful after not having it before! Although it is helpful when figuring out cycles :)

Thanks Polka, maybe I did release two because the tech said I had two that were large enough to release! Maybe she knocked them loose with the ultrasound wand :rofl: But I do wonder why I felt them having pains as two different times, although in the same day when it started. But all the of the stabbing pains I've been getting has been more to the left of my uterus. We shall see! Feeling hopeful!

Yikes Ninja those pains sound awful after not having it before! Although it is helpful when figuring out cycles :)

Thanks Polka, maybe I did release two because the tech said I had two that were large enough to release! Maybe she knocked them loose with the ultrasound wand :rofl: But I do wonder why I felt them having pains as two different times, although in the same day when it started. But all the of the stabbing pains I've been getting has been more to the left of my uterus. We shall see! Feeling hopeful!

It scared me at first because I had a c section and I thought something was wrong:dohh: hahaha!! Now I look forward to it knowing exactly what it means!! It's helpful when trying/preventing to have such a reliable sign!!

I've heard that when releasing two eggs, sometimes one comes shortly after the other.. Maybe that's what happened!!

It scared me at first because I had a c section and I thought something was wrong:dohh: hahaha!! Now I look forward to it knowing exactly what it means!! It's helpful when trying/preventing to have such a reliable sign!!

I've heard that when releasing two eggs, sometimes one comes shortly after the other.. Maybe that's what happened!!

Hey lilninja

My first 2 children were vaginal births but my last birth was a EMCS, and I went on the pill around 6 weeks later which stopped ovulation, this is my first cycle off the pill and ovulating and the first time I've had pains so maybe it's something to do with the CS?

X

Wow!! That's so weird!! I never really related it to the c section.. I wonder if you're on to something!?

Ninja yikes that would be scary, glad it was just O pains though. So weird now I'm starting to get hopeful for two!!

Polka I think it might just be because its your first cycle off the pill and not the cs, although if your worried I'd definitely ask your doctor. I was on the pill for years and never had O pains like I do now that I'm off.

I was also on the pill for years and never felt anything after stopping it.. It wasn't until my first pp cycle that I felt them, Maybe it has something to do with having a baby!? Who knows haha our bodies are crazy!! I felt silly after I realized what it was hahaha!! Mine feel weird, it's like the kind of cramp you get from running but in my ovary hahaha!! This cycle has been crazy, I'm still breastfeeding my baby and didn't ovulate till CD 33 so who knows what's going on in there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->