Ovulation problems :(

punkymom

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have been TTC with the DH and this month taking my temps.
I am now I CD 24 without ovulation. :(

I have just started a few herbal supplements such as Vitex.
I will also be doing soy iso next month.

Has anyone been able to get there body to Ovulate again?
What did you do?
:hugs:

I might try the vitex alone for a while first before you throw in soy isoflavone as the soy can be counter productive to what vitex is trying to accomplish. Vitex stimulates you hypothalamus and pituitary glands to balance their hormone production for an optimal ovulation and soy isoflavones either block or mimic estrogen (depending on who you ask) and so your body would be quite confused! If you are wanting the effect of an estrogen blocking supplement that will trick your body into ovulating like soy isoflavones are desired to do talk to your doctor about Clomid as that is exactly what it is designed to do but without the possible negative effects soy has.

I had very long cycles and problems ovulating and tried both products and didn't have any luck with soy although I have read about women who have on this forum. I had great luck with vitex and am pregnant with a baby girl conceived on vitex currently:thumbup:

On a last note (and not to scare you on soy totally) but soy is 95% GMO (genetically modified) and saturation treated with Round Up and so top on the list of pesticide laden foods to avoid if you follow that kind of thing. You may just want to do a bit of research on soy before you go down that path:flower: I attached an article you may want to read. Good luck and fingers crossed you will get your bfp!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/soybean-fertility-hormone-isoflavones-genistein/

I would say just keep temping and taking opks. you are bound to o eventually and then at least you know about what day you were, to compare each month. :) good luck

Definitely keep temping and doing OPKs. Don't use vitex and soy together as they counteract eachother.

Thank you both!

pandi77 Thank you for the info!
That is good to know.

I DID try vitex last cycle but I don't think I O'd then either.

I have been on vitec for about 5 days and I know most say it takes months it get working but I feel like my temps have been more stable.
What do you think?
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4c0485//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Also, CONGRATS!!!
Do you really attribute your pregnancy to Vitex?
how long did you go without o'ng before vitex?

I ment to say I DID try clomid…
Sorry

I have ovulation problems. I only ovulate occasionally on my own. I have had great luck with acupuncture. On two different occasions my periods had stopped (related to another medical problem). Both times I went to acupuncture and the following month my cycle returned. Amazing!! I also take herbs that my acupuncturist gives me.

I have pcos and dont usually ovulate. This cycle I used soy and think I'm actually working haha! Im so shocked I posted a thread to ask if its even possible! X

I really want to try natural to start.
My doctor says my hormones look great but I am sooo worried that I will not be able to have kids because I don't ovulate.

Its just crushing. When I think about it I want to cry.

I just worry that I won't be able to ovulate…ever. :(

I don't unilaterally until about cd27. Give it a bit of time. Also, it can be normal to have one or two anovulatory cycles

Thank you!
That makes me feel a bit better.

I guess I wish that I KNEW that everything is going to be fine and I will Ovulate at some point.

You will Hun :) just keep ploughing on. My first cycle by the time I got to cd17 I was thoroughly freaking out. I thought I wasn't going to ovulate ever. But I did :) so don't worry x

Thank you! That means a lot to me!
I am just so scared.
CD24 seems like I am out of the game.

I want to be a mother so much!
I want to give our future child such a great life.
I hope I get the chance. :cry:

Thank you both!

pandi77 Thank you for the info!
That is good to know.

I DID try vitex last cycle but I don't think I O'd then either.

I have been on vitec for about 5 days and I know most say it takes months it get working but I feel like my temps have been more stable.
What do you think?
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4c0485//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Also, CONGRATS!!!
Do you really attribute your pregnancy to Vitex?
how long did you go without o'ng before vitex?

Thanks for the congrats hun and yes I know without a doubt I would not be here had it not been for vitex. My cycles were very long and even then sometimes I was having annovulatory cycles and not actually ovulating at all. Every cycle I took vitex my follicular phase got shorter (days before O) and my luteal phase got longer as it was very short when I started. You've been taking vitex such a short time if you really want to give it a fair chance take it for 3 cycles before you add something hormone related to the mix like soy.

Best of luck hun and like others have said keep temping (throw in opks?)and maybe throw in a B-100 complex vitamin as it increases fertility without counter acting anything else.

Thank you again pandi77!

I will stick with Vitex and pray for being as blessed as you.

I would use opks but honestly they are stressing me out so bad looking for lines and praying that I will get a positive EVERYDAY!

I am thinking of taking a break and just temp'ing for a while.
Do you think this will be alright?

Oh, lastly, What dose did you take of Vitex?

Thank you Love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->