ovulation question..

chimmi

Reaction score
I had a positive opk yesterday, but negative today. When am I likely to ovulate? I thought positive opks lasted longer than a day..! This is new to me can anyone help?

That happened to me last cycle. I carried on testing and then finally got my three day positives! Xx

I'd say you ovulated today
The surge often only lasts a few hours.

Today? Or when I had my positive? not going to test opks anymore will wait and see now if AF comes and carry on DTD

I had a positive opk yesterday, but negative today. When am I likely to ovulate? I thought positive opks lasted longer than a day..! This is new to me can anyone help?

Most people are likely to O 12-36 hours after their first +opk...but you might have caught the beginning, middle or end of your surge so that's why it's best to dtd a few days around the +opk...I also only got 1 +opk my 1st cycle then all negatives.

For me personally, I don't O until almost 2 full days after + opk so I try to dtd the day prior to +, day of and the next 2 days after to cover bases.

Good luck :dust:

Most people are likely to O 12-36 hours after their first +opk...but you might have caught the beginning, middle or end of your surge so that's why it's best to dtd a few days around the +opk...I also only got 1 +opk my 1st cycle then all negatives.

For me personally, I don't O until almost 2 full days after + opk so I try to dtd the day prior to +, day of and the next 2 days after to cover bases.

Ok thanks.
We DTD the night before and every day since.. hope we caught it..! Hope I actually laid my egg too after the excitement of a positive..
My right boob mostly is aching when I walk(?) and i have been headachey so hopefully those are signs.. I usually feel normal right up to AF and then get sore boobs and a migraine right as AF starts.

Personally, the biggest sign I O'd is sore bbs...like SO sore for 3 days...

I see you are charting, will you be checking for a rise in temp to indicate you ovulated?

Ok thanks.
We DTD the night before and every day since.. hope we caught it..! Hope I actually laid my egg too after the excitement of a positive..
My right boob mostly is aching when I walk(?) and i have been headachey so hopefully those are signs.. I usually feel normal right up to AF and then get sore boobs and a migraine right as AF starts.

Oh right so its a good sign!
I was temping yes but then I went away for a few days and didn't temp so i didnt bother with it after that.

Oh right so its a good sign!
I was temping yes but then I went away for a few days and didn't temp so i didnt bother with it after that.

Def a good sign in my opinion..:thumbup:

Brilliant! thank you. I've never had a positive opk before so this is new to me! But now I'm going to be even more gutted if AF shows..!
Usually its all negatives and I think I must not be ovulating..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->