Ovulation Sticks - Question!

Milliroo

Reaction score
Hi. I am using ovulation wee sticks as really want to concieve baby no 2 asap. I don't know what my cycles are doing at the moment as it is my first cycle since stopping breast feeding my little one. My cycles returned on 15th Dec and started using the ovulation sticks on day 11. They have all been negative. It is now day 35 and I've had no positive readings and no period (did a preg test day 33 which was negative). Yesterday I had my 1st line on the wee stick, but it was lighter than the control line which the packet says is still a negative. But what does this mean? Does it mean that ovulation is on its way, or does it just mean nothing?

Well, for me, I always get a faint line the day before I get a strong pos+ (where both lines are same color).

It's certainly possible that ovulation is on the way... I would test again tomorrow to confirm though. Once the LH surge is detected (pos+ OPK)- then you should ovulate in a day or two... it's also possible though, that you are prego and the OPK is picking that up? This does happen... but since you never got a pos+ OPK when you should have ovulated, you are most likely just ovulating late... May take some time for your body to get back on track after breast feeding.

If AF hasn't arrived in another week or so... and you don't get a strong pos+ OPK... might do another HPT just to see?

Best of luck hun!!!

I would agree with above post. Some people also get something called a 'fade in' pattern, meaning it gets darker and darker as ov approaches.

I always have a look at www.peeonastick.com as far as opk questions are concerned.

if you are really worried i don't think it would hurt having a chat with your dr. but i suspect it could be that you recently stopped breastfeeding that is causing the confusion. (the lady running the above site had recently also stopped breastfeeding at one point so it might be worth a look..:))

Good luck, hun! :dust:

Looks like you were both right - the faded line I had for 2 days turned to a proper positive yesterday! - on day 36 - really late compared to what I expected! But could be body settling down as its only been 3 months since stopped breast feeding. Fingers crossed!

ooh thats encouraging! This is exactly my question. I am still breastfeeding and no period for 15 months, but thought i'd try the sticks to see if their was any hope of getting pregnant without having to give up bfing. Got a faint line today.....so optimistic after reading this.

I kept on weeing on the sticks to see what would happen - and the positive line was there every day from day 36 onwards - I couldn't see how I could be ovulating day after day - turns out that I AM PREGNANT!!!! Think the sticks must have been picking up the pregnancy hormone!! So I was weeing on sticks when I was already pregnant without knowing it! We are super chuffed, soooooo excited! Can't belive it yet - as have had absolutely no symptoms (other than occasionally feeling dizzy, but I get that sometimes anyway). Did a pregnancy test on day 33 which was negative, but maybe it was too early to tell? Not sure how long my cycles are these days, but going on last period date think I could be about 6 weeks!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->