Ovulation

ridley2909

Reaction score
I am on cd 13 apparantly according to my app supposed to ovulate tomorrow. Think I expected to do a test today and get a smiley face and be right on track. Cycles are normally 28-30 days. What cd do you ladies usually ovulate? Wondering how long I am going to have to wait.

Well, I got my positive OPK this cycle and last cycle on the day I ovulated. I would bd today just in case it happens. I didn't and I wish I could go back. Have you tracked your cycles before? do you know how long your luteal phase is? Sometimes you just ovulate later. For example, if you have a standard 14 day luteal phase and you're on a 30 day cycle you wouldn't ovulate until day 16 which means you probably wouldn't get a surge until CD15 at least. I'm not sure how much of this you already know, but it is your ovulation day that fluctuates, not the time between your O day and your AF--that is called the luteal phase and it is fairly constant give or take one day. :)

This is the first time I have used ovulation tests. I don't really know much about my cycles except the length of them. I usually just go by ewcm. I will keep testing till I get a positive. Just got some clear blue digital ovulation tests. Be handy to know how long my luteal phase is. Really looking forward to seeing that smiley face.

If you are new to OPks I would recommend the wondfo brand. Those digis get expensive, and then you can test 2 times a day so you don't miss your surge. Have you considered temping?

Hope you O right on time! Good luck with Bding :p

Going to start temping next month. I have been using both lol. I am addicted. Thought I would use the cheapies till my lines get darker then switch to digital.

lol, it is strangely addicting, right? I just like to measure things...my DH thinks I'm crazy but temping and testing give me an odd sense of peace. It makes me feel like I have some control over this whole crazy ttc thing. In my twenties I thought, I'll just stop taking bcp and Voila!, I'll get pregnant. Not so much :( So I measure, and it helps, lol.

I am 31 and trying for number 3 this is my second cycle trying. Using preseed and ovulation tests , will temp next month. I am a fan of writing lists so think temping sounds good.

Here is my progression the darker lines are the control the darkest is the latest which is cd13 today. Might test again before bed.

Attachments

• 20160108_202719-1.jpg
    20160108_202719-1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 7
Do you hold for a couple hours before?

I try too, need to be more consistent with the waiting a few hours and not drinking too much tea. Going to wait till 11pm tonight and test again. The tests are slowly getting darker. Just have to be disciplined in testing a few times a day and laying off the tea. What cd are you on?

I try too, need to be more consistent with the waiting a few hours and not drinking too much tea. Going to wait till 11pm tonight and test again. The tests are slowly getting darker. Just have to be disciplined in testing a few times a day and laying off the tea. What cd are you on?

CD18, or 5dpo. I have high hopes for this cycle. My temps are nice and high and sustaining where they usually fluctuate up and down a lot more. I hope it's an indication of a good progesterone level. My BBS have also been swollen, which doesn't usually happen to me until about 8-9dpo unless i'm pregnant. Fingers crossed:winkwink:

Sounds good. Hope this is our month. I should be ovulating today or tomorrow. Managed to bd yesterday morning when I got the positive test, positive test tonight aswell so on a mission to seduce dh lol

So not that late of an O--it's actually right in the normal range for my cycles. Do you know your luteal phase length?

So you should be expecting AF around the 23rd or 24th right? I'm expecting mine the 20th or 21st at the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->