Ovulation

armywife0212

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like my ovulation day is misleading. I'm never positive on the day of ovulation like some women are. What are some signs of ovulation? Is simply looking for signs reliable? Anyone use ovulation trackers or tests? Just curious! I am pretty sure that I am 7DPO. But I am not testing until the day of my expected period. Thanks for the advice in advance!!

It's my understanding that you ovulate about 14 days before your period. I personally feel cramping in my lower abdomen when I'm ovulating. I used ovulation tests this month, but got confused as I read a post where someone said they're positive something like 36 hours before you actually ovulate.

The biggest sign is that your cervical mucous resembles a stretchy egg white and it's abundant when you're ovulating. I usually notice it when I feel more secretion than usual, and I see it as I'm wiping after using the restroom.

Other than that it's using OPk's, charting your temp with a basal temp thermometer that's about it. You could check your cervix (using your finger) but I hear too many women who get infections that way. Before ovulation it MAY feel soft like your lips..after ovulation it feels hard like the tip of your nose. I tried it and didn't feel any noticeable difference. :shrug:

You could try using OPk's twice a day spaced out to increase your chances of catching your surge. I've had to that before because I was just missing that positive OPK.

Thanks for the advice! It's hard for me to distinguish the mucus content because I stay pretty moist and secrete most days. What is OPK? I'm new to all this lingo! LOL Also, ArmyWife84...Do you have Tricare insurance? Did they cover you to seek medical attention? Did you and your husband go together? Sorry for all the questions!

I always know when I am ovulating, I get light cramps and a little bleeding. Also I notice the cervical mucous does get really thick around that time. I normally ovulate 2 weeks after I started my period.

OPK = Ovulation Predictor Kit you POAS = pee on a stick and it will detect your surge of hormone ( I believe progestrine) that indicates your about to release an egg.

Though it's common belief that women ovulate around day 14 of that cycle, for many women, that's not necessarily true. :) I ovulated pretty late in my cycle this past cycle, and the only indication of ovulation that I got was from charting. I definitely recommend it.

FertilityFriend is a good site for charting, as is Taking Charge of Your Fertility. My personal favorite for charts, though, is Countdown To Pregnancy. Gives you lots of great information and is free! By charting my basal temp, observing my CM and CP, I was able to pinpoint my ovulation even though it was almost a week later than my charts predicted it would be. :)

OPKs can be great, but I personally think trusting the body to indicate is more reliable, and less expensive, than using them.

Best wishes and if you have charting questions, please feel free to let me know!

Oh okay. Thank you so much!! I looked on Countdown to Pregnancy some. How do you download the tickers so I can see them on this page?

Thanks for the advice! It's hard for me to distinguish the mucus content because I stay pretty moist and secrete most days. What is OPK? I'm new to all this lingo! LOL Also, ArmyWife84...Do you have Tricare insurance? Did they cover you to seek medical attention? Did you and your husband go together? Sorry for all the questions!

I have Standard so I went off base and Tricare still covered it but the 15% I'm supposed to pay. Tricare will cover your visits, lab work, ultrasounds, and Clomid. Then my hospital just faxed an order to the base hospital for my husband's semen analysis. Your DH has to abstain from sex, ejaculation for 3-7 days prior to testing. After he obtains his sample, he needs to get it to the hospital in the next 30 minutes. Base hospital called us the same day both times with his results.

Also, I did all the doctor visits by myself. DH can't stand doctors(especially the military ones) so he didn't really want to go. If your husband can get off that day and is offering to go then take him up on it. Especially when the doctor is spouting off so much information for you to digest.

Once last thing, the gyno refuses to see you if you haven't tried naturally for at least a year. I tried at 10 months and they just told me to come back in 2 months.

When I say egg white stretchy, I mean raw egg.

Once last thing, the gyno refuses to see you if you haven't tried naturally for at least a year. I tried at 10 months and they just told me to come back in 2 months.

My gyno saw me about 3 months into trying because I told her that I would get AF maybe 3 times a year, very unreliable, so they knew I had PCOS, so if that's the case make sure you tell them that.

I used CM and CP (cervical mucus and cervical position) and BBT (basal body temperature) for all three of mine. They work really well. Fertility friend is great and there are lots of resources online on how to check your cervix, and the BEST way to check your CM is to take it right from around your cervix and pull it out, I know a little gross but worth it. Mine changes by the time it gets to my underwear or the TP. GL!

my flippen ovulation is confusing :( iv had to much :sex: to notice my CM

If you have trouble determining ovulation I suggest you use OPKs and chart BBT. I get my opks from www.early-pregnancy-tests.com and have had no problem with them, super fast shipping too (free if you spend over $15!) www.fertilityfriend.com is a great site for charting bbt!

You can also look for things like fertile cm. It's either watery, or "egg white cm" meaning it looks just like eggwhites or snot. It's hard to go by CM though as some women get it for a week before ov and you get it all throughout your cycle (even after ov sometimes) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->