Own room?

My son was two. Never caused us a problem and he went from Moses basket then cot to toddler bed in our room before we got round to moving him. As he got bigger we didnt want him to feel he was being pushed out so waited til he understood having his 'own room' and was keen to sleep in there. Still comes in with us on occasion. Still isn't a problem.

When she consistently sttn and stops waking for feeds as I cannot be bothered to be getting out of bed and walking across the landing in the middle if the night lol.

Sophie was 1month and Evelyn was 2months we only waited the extra month with Evelyn because of Christmas and new year and we were going away x

In a few weeks I am thinking. Maybe at 8 weeks ish. But her room is directly next to us..and I will have our doors open wide.
I think I will put the travel cot in there this week and try and starts her doing naps in there right away.

When she consistently sttn and stops waking for feeds as I cannot be bothered to be getting out of bed and walking across the landing in the middle if the night lol.

Sometimes I wish I'd waited as well because it is a pain but I thought it might help him sleep better if we were disturbing him - it didn't! Now it's too much of a pain to move him back and he likes his room.

Both of mine spent at least a part of the night in their own room from a couple of weeks old. If they woke and wouldn't go back to sleep immediately then they just came into bed with us (we still do this with DD), but if they didn't wake or resettled straightaway then they slept in their cot in their rooms.

So inevitably this meant babies in our bed quite a lot in the early days, but it got less and less as they got older. Although DD isn't sleeping well again at the moment so she has been coming in with us from the early hours for the last week or so.

We had talked about 6-9 months. THen 9 months to a year. Now she is 13.5 months and I am still finding excuses to not move her :wacko:

My lo is still in our room! We moved house when she was 7 months and her room really needed decorated as it was a state. So, since we've had lots of other things to do first and then with me falling pregnant it was just left but its nearly finished now and she should be in her own room next week. Really wish we could have done it sooner though.

Hopefully at 6 months......I go back to work when he's 8 and half months old and need him to be settled in his room by then, because I'm a shift worker and would disturb him LO much

Moved my LO into her cot in her own room at 7 weeks, she was uncomfortable in the moses basket, she was too big for it. Also she had been in hospital for 2 weeks in a big cot and she was sleeping so well in it. Her room is next to mine we left the doors open and had monitors, worked so well for us :) x

Well my ds pretty much out grew is bassinet at 4 1/2 months. I pretty much kept an eye on how he slept and he was waking up every hr or so bc he was not having being in that bassinet any more and he want to move and roll over. So one night I put him in his room after I finally convinced myself it was best for him. I was not ready but knew he was. He has been there ever since and he loves his crib!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->