P90X - anyone doing it?

Hey P90xers -
Just thought I'd share:
on Day 30 and down 7 lbs in weight, 4 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my hips, 1 inch off each thigh! :yipee:
I am so much stronger! I can now do sets of 20 push-ups (not quite to the ground, but close!) and my abs are getting tighter and more stable everyday!
The fat shredder diet that goes with the first 30 days did start to get to me in the last 2-3 days. As I am getting fitter, I can't sustain the energy I need on the high protein, low carbs diet. I started to get really fatigued. Apparently, this is very normal and is the signal to start adding the carbs back in.

Fantastic!! See, consistent hard work and diet pays off :) :) :) :) Hopefully you can convince others to check it out :) :)

well done sarah:thumbup:
i know its so not for me yet,aliss i took ur advice on trying kettlebells-i got the ketlenetics dvd with a 4lb weight and thats hard enough for me at the moment:haha:

well done sarah:thumbup:
i know its so not for me yet,aliss i took ur advice on trying kettlebells-i got the ketlenetics dvd with a 4lb weight and thats hard enough for me at the moment:haha:

Ahhh fantastic!! Love to hear that :happydance:

Eventually you need to try the secret service snatch test

Maximum reps in 10 minutes of snatches, using 12kg for women :wacko: :thumbup:

I wanted to add that the P90x program is more accessible/inclusive than it sounds. It is hard (and the instructor is so flippin' corny), but they give all sorts of modifications and really coach you along.
Be somewhat in shape so you don't hurt yourself, but you certainly don't need to be an elite athlete to do this.
And it really isn't the kind of exercise I am usually drawn to - plyometrics and weightlifting are not my thing. But I love how fast I am getting strong and toned. It really works. And, as is often the case, the more you do it, the better you get; the better you get, the more you like it.

But I love how fast I am getting strong and toned. It really works. And, as is often the case, the more you do it, the better you get; the better you get, the more you like it.

I am getting toned quickly with P90X, too! Hard to see under my layer of nursing fat, but I definitely feel stronger.

Still can't do more than 2 or 3 pull-ups on the pull-up bar, even with the help of a chair. But I'll get there.... I hope!

I am going to start this in two weeks...I don't have any place for a pull up bar...are there any modifications for that?? Or alternative exercises?

I am going to start this in two weeks...I don't have any place for a pull up bar...are there any modifications for that?? Or alternative exercises?

jenni, im sure i saw somewhere you could use bands- someone recommended the resistant bands from ebay- about £12 for them. im looking into getting them too.

reading about this on here from your experiences mummies has inspired me to give this a go, will try this in a couple of weeks too.

Alright! Day one of p90x....doing the lean program...since I had a section I have no stomach muscles at all and the core synergistics kicked my butt!! I still need to take before pics...I don't think one workout will change anything...especially as I could only realistically do about half!! I tried everything but it was hard.

Anyone else going to do it??

Good idea to start with the lean.
And remember to go easy - you still have a lot of relaxin hormone in your body this soon after giving birth. Be really careful to protect your joints, especially with all the lunges, etc.
Husband and I might do P90X again, but we are about to start the Jillian Michael's 30-day shred. Just a little less time-consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->