Pacifiers/Dummies/Soothers

What an odd thing for them to say!

My LO does have them but my nephew who 3 months old just won't take to one at all, my sis got some in and he just won't have one which is completely fine :flower:

My LO won't entertain one, just opens his mouth looking disgusted.

There is nothing wrong with a dummy my lo loves hers, as long as you have plenty and change them often after every fall etc, its fine, they only not recomend them much because they can cause Gastroenteritis if not clean, i mean somepeople keep to the same dummy allday, full of fluff etc and put back in babies mouth, we have about 20, steamed 3 times a day, and you can get Gastroenteritis from other things, most children can have it al least once before they are 5 years old.

We use one! Now he has it but chews on it when he's teething so it's got lots of uses :) but people shouldn't make comments like that!

We use 1! Matthew is a sucky baby and so did Maddie they're both fine! but I know loads of people who never gave them and their kids never suffered either!

Who uses one, who doesnt ? We tried and Samuel hated it.

The other day on the bus when he was babling said 'oh hurry up and give him his dummy' to which I replied 'he doesnt use one' only for her to then say 'Oh thats bad, all babies should have one. Babies NEED them' x

All babies should have one Babies NEED them? that person said that? Out of 6 of my kids only ONE took to a soother. He is 20 months old and still has it. I had 2 thumb suckers and the rest were blanket babies. So what will happen if the baby doesnt want the soother? LOL makes me want to go make smartA** remarks to that person. Did that person have any kids?

I never gave Izzy one as I didn't want the trauma of having to wean her off it later in life. To be honest she's perfectly happy without one and if she has the urge to suck will ususally use her fingers or whichever of her toys is closest to hand.

Nothing like tidying up and finding a soggy well sucked soft toy................... yuk!

I think the first couple days in the hospital are the longest the binkie stayed in his mouth. It would fall out after a little bit.Even as you can see in my avatar pic, we would have to put the blankies there to keep it in. He was always more interested in sucking if something came out of it! He knew the difference between the bottle and binkie, and just never took to the binki. I'm glad I have never had to go through weaning myself with it.

There are a few nights every week where he grabs his blankie at night and will chew on that. Silly little guy!

My LO is only two weeks old. Lots of people have said their LOs didn't take to them but has anyone not even tried to introduce one? So far my LO hasn't shown any signs of needing one or sucking except when I feed her. Will this change? I have one in the wardrobe for emergencies but want planning on showing it to baby at all to be honest. Just curious really.

My LOs not that bothered she will take it or leave it. When she's crying in the car or when were out it can be a life saver tho lol :)

My LO is only two weeks old. Lots of people have said their LOs didn't take to them but has anyone not even tried to introduce one? So far my LO hasn't shown any signs of needing one or sucking except when I feed her. Will this change? I have one in the wardrobe for emergencies but want planning on showing it to baby at all to be honest. Just curious really.

We never bothered with it, made a decision that we didn't want to go there and I've never regretted it! :thumbup:

I kept a soother in my babies cribs, in diaperbag and what not. I would give it to them, hold it in their mouths myself, but I soon learned, after weeks of them just rathering other things like a bottle or toy or blanket, or even thumb that it was not worth my time to make sure I had it on hand just in case. I think everyone at one point has introduced one just because thats what we know babies as with. Forcing a soother isnt always successful and some babies dont take to it. And its also hard finding the right one since there are different styles and brands. Bryce is my only soother baby and will only take to the Heinz brand, silicone ortho...give him another brand same style and he will know. :dohh: they have the bulby kind to, which are odd.

Bella has never used one. Even from birth she wasn't interested in it.

Wouldn't have given one if it was not for the fact she wouldn't latch on to suck on me instead. It's been for sleep only since about 4 months, and before that it was only really in the car / pushchair and the odd bit of comfort sucking after a bottle.

I kept a soother in my babies cribs, in diaperbag and what not. I would give it to them, hold it in their mouths myself, but I soon learned, after weeks of them just rathering other things like a bottle or toy or blanket, or even thumb that it was not worth my time to make sure I had it on hand just in case. I think everyone at one point has introduced one just because thats what we know babies as with. Forcing a soother isnt always successful and some babies dont take to it. And its also hard finding the right one since there are different styles and brands. Bryce is my only soother baby and will only take to the Heinz brand, silicone ortho...give him another brand same style and he will know. :dohh: they have the bulby kind to, which are odd.

Yeah I just wondered if I'm not needing one because she's only two weeks old and that I'll see some need for one later on. If she cries I'll feed her or change her or cuddle her. Never thought to get the dummy out. But I see your babies are older so do they start to need one later on? I wont be introducing one unless I have to for some reason (not sure what that reason would be)

Oliver hates his, he would rather suck his bib :haha:

Ditto, Fingers, toys, teethers, my arm, aything. But dummy big no no lol. He looks at me and spits it out :haha:

We literally tried all types/shapes but not interested.

i dont like dummys/pacifers. just my opinion. I feel that i can and should be able to comfort my LO by other means, and ill try everything under the sun to help him.

when he got to about 6 months we gave him this blanket square which has a teddy head on it and he holds it to go to sleep, occasionally he chomps or sucks on it when hes teething, but mainly he just holds it. and that is only for nap/bed time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->