Paedophilia, in your genes?

C

cherryglitter

Before I start - I don't condone paedophiles in any way shape or form!

Would you say people are born paedophiles and it is in their DNA?
Is it something that is uncontrollable to them, just in the way we find men, women or both attractive?

I'm just curious as to what people think really. I've always tried to think out the box. Surely somebody wouldn't want to be a peadophile?

theres definatly something wrong with them to do what they do to children, i think its more mental issues then in their dna

i do think it's something they struggle to control, i don't know about it being in their DNA.

I don't think for one minute it is in their DNA.

V xx

i wonder then how to explain those that seek help before they commit a crime? those with urges that don't act on them. that's why i think there's something more to it than just choice.

I think probably yes. there has to be something really wrong with the wiring of your brain to be attracted to children.

i wonder then how to explain those that seek help before they commit a crime? those with urges that don't act on them. that's why i think there's something more to it than just choice.

i agree :thumbup:
homosexuality used to be a crime (its obviously on a different level to paedophiles), but there were people who used to really hurt themselves because of the feelings they possessed. that were beyond their control!

infact there are people who probably still do as in most cultures it's looked down upon.

I don't know really.

I believe our brains are very multi-faceted and contain different layers, one of which is the most primal, animalistic layer of the brain I think called the reptilian brain, and it is responsible for all the feelings we have that are very basic like anger, envy, etc all the emotions our higher selves work to control. So perhaps from that view point, perhaps some people are more inclined to paedophilia because their higher selves are under developed. But you have to ask, why are they under-developed? (I bet you can tell from this phrase that I am in no way scientifically-inclined lol)..but it could be one thing.

I do think though, that paedophiles tend to be people who have been abused themselves and it has become a cycle. For whatever reasons, their hurt was not dealt with, and it has manifested itself in a fresh cycle of abuse.

I don't think though that it can be DNA that determines your ability to abuse anyone, but perhaps it can make you more prone to doing something contrary to civilized society's specifications.

I do believe in this saying, I forgot by whom, but the guy was saying that under the right circumstances and conditions, we are all capable of doing the very things we abhor. That to me suggests that things like paedophilia etc are more as a result of life experiences as opposed to being down to something that is genetically wired.

I think it is not in the DNA. I am sure there are plenty of people who were adopted to a loving family at birth who did not turn out to be a Pedophilia even though their biological family have family members who are.

Hmm how to explain this. I dont think it is DNA. However I dont think it is something that can be helped, controlled yes but not changed.

I do link it to other sexual preferences. So I don't think for example being gay is in your DNA however I don't think you can help being gay ie. I dont think you can choose not to have the sexual prefence you are born with. I think you can control your life style so you aren't a practicing gay (sorry couldn't think of another way to put it) Just as im sure there are people who find very young girls/boys attractive but do not act on any of these urges, which as i say i dont think can be helped.

I dont agree with any non-consensual sex or vulnerable people being used for sexual gratification. I think that is when a sexual preference is linked into a metal disorder and being 'wrong in the head'. Which obviously in the case of pedophilia this is both non-consensual and praying on the vulnerable. Which is why I think people feel so strongly about it.

I think it is part of the brain chemistry but they're not necessarily born with it, severe trauma can alter brain chemistry so that might explain why children that were sexually abused are more likely to do the same when they grow up.

But I think you can just be genetically inclined to find children sexually attractive though and not act upon it. I actually know someone (not a friend, just someone I know) who openly admits to being attracted to pre-pubescent girls and knows he cannot and will not act upon those feelings (I still will never let him near Maria just to be on the safe side!)

Hmm how to explain this. I dont think it is DNA. However I dont think it is something that can be helped, controlled yes but not changed.

I do link it to other sexual preferences. So I don't think for example being gay is in your DNA however I don't think you can help being gay ie. I dont think you can choose not to have the sexual prefence you are born with. I think you can control your life style so you aren't a practicing gay (sorry couldn't think of another way to put it) Just as im sure there are people who find very young girls/boys attractive but do not act on any of these urges, which as i say i dont think can be helped.

I dont agree with any non-consensual sex or vulnerable people being used for sexual gratification. I think that is when a sexual preference is linked into a metal disorder and being 'wrong in the head'. Which obviously in the case of pedophilia this is both non-consensual and praying on the vulnerable. Which is why I think people feel so strongly about it.

Yes, thats what I think. I think maybe some paedophiles have sexual attraction to children but control themselves and don't act on those 'urges' :sick: cos theyre aware its morally very wrong. I think its both nuture and nature. The nature part cant be helped but if they are abused as children then they will prob be more susceptable to act on their feelings where as if theyve came from a good, loving home they won't.

Kind of reminds me of fred and rose west. Both were from homes where incest and paedophilia was accepted and normal and surprise, surprise, they did it to their children too.

I think it is part of the brain chemistry but they're not necessarily born with it, severe trauma can alter brain chemistry so that might explain why children that were sexually abused are more likely to do the same when they grow up.

But I think you can just be genetically inclined to find children sexually attractive though and not act upon it. I actually know someone (not a friend, just someone I know) who openly admits to being attracted to pre-pubescent girls and knows he cannot and will not act upon those feelings (I still will never let him near Maria just to be on the safe side!)

Wow :\ Imagine admitting that!

I would also say there is a difference between peadophilies and sexual abuse of a family child.

wasn't there someone on here who's partner had said he had those sort of feelings? i'm sure there was.

I think it is about control. They don't care how children feel other than knowing children want to please adults. They classified the same as rapists. Gay and lesbians do not seek control or anything like that, They want a real relationship.

No, I don't believe it is linked with DNA. I am on the fence, however, as to whether it is a case of free-will or it being something you choose or whether it is a genuine mental illness

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->