Pain during sex and smear result.

cookielucylou

Reaction score
Since I had my son a year ago I have sometimes had pain during sex, and I have recently had a smear come back as abnormal and have to have further tests.
Could these 2 things be linked?

What sort of pain do you experience? And is it always during or sometimes after? The reason I ask is 6 months ago immediately after sex I was in agony - so much pain that I actually threw up :( and phoned the doctor next day & they noticed I was overdue for my smear. They booked me in the following day for the smear and my result was abnormal and Im due my follow-up smear in 2 weeks (at the time they said I would need to come back in 6 months time to see if the cells have gone back to normal or got worse) xx

Pain during sex and abnormal bleeding can be related to an abnormal smear result. Hopefully further tests will help and you will have the problem sorted soon :hugs:

It's like a stabbing pain, but I don't always get it. Never painful after, and dont get any bleeding.
My appointment is 5th jan for a coloscopy so hopefully know some more then.

I was wondering this too as after the birth of dd1 i had pain during sex and was sent for a smear which was abnormal (CIN3). Well ive just had dd2 and again with painful sex im a year overdue with pap with being pregnant and now im scared got my pap on tues :cry: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mine was stabbing too. Hmmmm. But they said I just need a repeat smear at the moment not the colposcopy. I hope everyones results turn out ok xxxxxx

It's like a stabbing pain, but I don't always get it. Never painful after, and dont get any bleeding.
My appointment is 5th jan for a coloscopy so hopefully know some more then.

Having a colposcopy is quite cool if ur not too squeamish you get to see ur cervix on a screen which i thought was cool lol (im not a freak i promise) :haha: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->