Pain in back and bum

BabyDust2011

mummy to a princess
Reaction score
Hi all I'm 33 weeks pregnant and for the past 2 days I've had constant lower back and bum ache, it's that painful that sometimes I can't walk I'm struggling to find myself in a comfy position any ideas on what i should do? Xx

i know exactly how you feel, and it sucks big time. I am in a very similar position to you and mentioned it to my midwife during my appointment today. she has suggested I make an appointment with the doctor as they can prescribe codine for use during pregnancy. she has also referred to to a physio as she thinks it may be related to SPD and sciatic pain. Apparently the physio can supply not only exercises/stretches etc, but also a support belt and if necessary crutches. Not the way I wanted to end my pregnancy, but I am taking the maximum dose allowed of paracetamol...also, a little hint, try not to sit too long on soft seats as this can make it worse...im sat at the dining room table :(. hope you feel better soon

i have this too and it hurts when i get up and down and have a horrible pressure/ achey feeling down below.... :-( x

iv got this and have been told it can last til the end which im gutted about! apparantly it could be spd!?!? i think ur midwife/doctor can refer you to someone who gives u exercises to do if it stays like that! x

i already have obstetic chlostetus and my babys hearts on the wrong side i dont want anything else to go wrong :-( this my first baby and its bloody hard work lol... im so big and ouchy now ive had enough these next weeks going to drag x

My lower back is starting to ache constantly now. I think its partly my posture, partly the fact that I'm probably overdoing it (trying to force myself to get that nesting instinct, but lets face it girls, its still just bloody housework!) and partly just having a big old baby belly.

I have SPD and that's what it feels like. My body feels like an 80 year old not someone in their 20s. I haven't found anything to ease it but I've had it for majority of pregnancy, hopefully you'll be luckier :)

It could be spd or it could be sciatica. If you google sciatica they might have some tips on a bit of relief?

Ive got the same pain, have had it since 14 weeks :shock: and ive got SPD. Nothing for it but trying to get as comfortable as you can - which is bloody hard when you've got an office job :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->