Pain in left side of abdomen following mc - is this normal?

pinkflamingo

Mummy to an angel x
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a mmc in Dec and chose for nature to deal with it. After 8 weeks I passed everything (I think) on Saturday evening. On Monday eve I started getting a pain in the left side of my abdomen and wondered whether this was just something that is normal after what I have been through.

I had 2 days of really bad cramping pains when I started bleeding about 3 weeks ago, but no pain since then. Not even when I passed the sac at the weekend. My last scan was last Thursday and they could see that the sac had moved and was on the verge of being passed. I wasn't feeling great on Friday so saw my GP as was a little concerned about possibility of infection, but he gave me the all clear.

He did give me a prescription for antibiotics 'just to have on hand if I thought I needed it'. The pain is not too bad but I just wondered what it may be. I have a scan a week on Thurs to check that everything has come away.

I don't know whether to just take the antibiotics as a precautionary today, or just wait it out and see what happens. With all the problems we have had conceiving, I wouldn't want something like an infection to cause us any further ones!

Prob just thinking about it all too much, but would appreciate any thoughts / experiences of this or advice.
Thanks

xx

Assuming that you are well, the bleeding is slowing down and the pain isn't too bad it is probably just everything settling down.
However if I had the slightest suspicion of infection I would start the antibiotics. The risk of taking antibiotics when you don't need them is tiny but the risk of untreated infection to your future health and fertility is significant, so if in doubt I'd take.
Bear in mind that I haven't had that happen to me, or seen a patient with the same symptoms, but that's how I'd be thinking.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will try and hold out for today and just keep an eye on things. If anything changes or the pain gets worse then I will take the tablets straight away.

Like I say I am prob just being too sensitive about things. Thanks again for your help.

If your worried i would call the doctor again, its his job so dont feel like your bothering him. your concerned and thats all that matters.

On a more positive note could it be ovulation? i had ercp on 7th Jan and ovulated on the weekend (tested) and one of my signs was left sided pain, havent had ovulation pain before so was quite new for me but i thought thats what it was and the ovulation stick confirmed it. could that be the case for you too?

Thanks Eternal. To be honest the thought did cross my mind today also. I have never had OV pains either so have never had a clue when it is happening. The pains did get slightly worse through the day so have got the prescription and started the tablets. If anything changes further tomorrow I will def contact the Dr again.

Thanks for your reply xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->