Pain on my lower back - I'm starting to worry

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Tinkxabell, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Tinkxabell

Tinkxabell Active Member

Hi Girls,

Im approx 5 1/2 weeks. Last week I had aching down my side and my lower back, this went after 2 days.

I now have it back, on the right hand side of my lower back. Its aching so much its hurting and kept me up all night. I feel like crying as it wont go away.

I know I cant have any pain killers but does anyone have any advice on how to ease the pain?
    Also is this aching normal?

Thanks,
    Tess xxx

2. bonfloss

bonfloss Mother of 1

Hi Tess

I had lower back pain around weeks 5-7, a few of the girls on here have also had it. It went away with me and came back around week 10 and has gone again. It did not keep me awake or anything so think you should phone the midwife who will advise and put your mind at rest. You can take 1 gram (2 tabs) of paracetamol. Hope you feel better soon.

xx

3. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

I have heard that if you have a tipped uterus (which affects about 20% of women) you are more likley to get back pain in pregnancy but I also think anyone can get it. Ia agree though I would call the doctor just to ease your mind.

Cat
    x

4. Tinkxabell

Tinkxabell Active Member

Thanks Girls, I just got back from the doctors and he thinks I have a urine infection so I have some antibiotics for it. Thanks for your help xxx

5. bklove

bklove We got married 4/07

Hope the antibiotics does the trick

6. puppycat

puppycat Mum & PAL

Hey ladies

I have back ache too, it's not keeping me awake but when I sit it is uncomfortable.