pain top of bump? someone else posted this. advice please

ProudMum

Reaction score
I have a burning pain at the top of my bump and its worrying me.. its only to one side... anyone else getting this?

Im getting headaches too but I also suffer from sinusitus so I assumed thats why I was having headaches...

BP great... never anything in urine... no swelling but im concerned the pain is P.E.

I have heard about pain in the 'upper quadrant' being a symptom of P.E too soo I'd definitely get some medical advice about it hun.xx

I had headache when I had this pain too-yet my bp, scan, urine, bloods and babies heartbeat were all fine too-would love to know what it is
xx

I had headache when I had this pain too-yet my bp, scan, urine, bloods and babies heartbeat were all fine too-would love to know what it is
xx

you have it aswell?

Its like a niggly burning pain for me.. Its worrying me.

I've got it and had it for weeks now, it moves around sometimes and disappears altogether occasionally but it's there most afternoons now. Is ok when I get up in the morning, get worse as the day goes on and then eases overnight. My bump is incredibly tight as well. 3 midwives and a consultant have all looked at me a bit blankly and said it's just stretching and keep an eye on it. It gets a bit numb sometimes but I put it down to baby sitting on a nerve seeing as it comes and goes.

All bloods, urine everything else have always been fine. No headaches and no swelling anywhere.

Yes, I have had it in bed, it woke me up a few times.

I went into hospital with it in Friday and they checked me over very thoroughly. They checked my bloods as they thought it may be gall bladder related, but was fine.

Its odd-and non of the docs/midwives could tell me what it is.
xx

i wouldnt know if my headaches were cause for concern as I suffer with them alot anyway and when I do I usually have sinus issues too...
This pain I have right now is moving as well... and like you, I have a really tight bump...
Its now moved to nearer my bellybutton..... My MW and drs have all commented on the shape and size of my bump.. *shrugs* Im not sure what to think....

I get headaches so bad it causes issues with my eyes but like I said, urine, bp, weight gain, fine.. no swelling or anything.

I have it too on and off. Just thought it was everything getting squashed! Havent mentioned it to anyone, sounds as though it's quite common x

Ive been getting this recently too, I've had horrendous rib pain for weeks, but lately theres a new pain at the top of my bump. Today it literally felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife, very sharp and burning type pain. I was at the hospital yesterday for my pre op and apart from slightly raised BP and a + of glucose in my urine everything is normal.

I have no idea what it is but it definitely is slightly worrying, however Im just putting it down to muscles stretching maybe? xx

I have a burning pain at the top of my bump and its worrying me.. its only to one side... anyone else getting this?

Im getting headaches too but I also suffer from sinusitus so I assumed thats why I was having headaches...

BP great... never anything in urine... no swelling but im concerned the pain is P.E.

same here :shrug: I couldn't throw the ball to my little dog earlier on her walk as it flared it up :nope: I don't have the midwives for another 2 weeks either x

The last week or so ive been getting a sore bump at the top i think its cus he is pushing out i also been starting to get headaches :(

Get checked out ASAP. I had pains in the upper right part of my bump, didn't think it was anything but they hurt HORRIBLY, went in and delivered my baby at 36 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. The headaches with it are a sign too. Please please get checked! The pains, in my case, were my liver shutting down from the PE.

Also, my blood pressure was perfect through my whole pregnancy, but the night I went in with pains it was 210/110, it really can just happen that fast. there were no signs in my urine, nothing.

could be the start of gallbladder issues, they start of as niggly pains women are prone to this especially after pregnancy,look up the symptoms online?

if u had P.E u would have signs eg.urine etc Xx

p.s i bet u thinkin stop nosing at my threads lol they r interesting!! also ive been getting terrible headaches lately like i have sinus trouble the tops of my eyes ache,cheek bones,nose even the top of my teeth bizareee!! ive bought sudafed now hope it helps, i can feel all the gunk going down my throat (gross) xx

With Liam I would get sharp pains at top of my bump occasionally, think it was just stretching pains but I would ring MW just incase x

same here :shrug: I couldn't throw the ball to my little dog earlier on her walk as it flared it up :nope: I don't have the midwives for another 2 weeks either x

Hey Hannah, make an appointment to see the midwife before then if its bad. :flower:xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->