Painful cramps. OUCH!

kdmalk

Reaction score
I am 18+2 today. This morning about the time I got to work, I started noticing some light period-like cramping. I attributed it to stretching and moved on with the day, but this just seems different.

It has gotten worse all morning. I even had a little pain reach around to my back right after lunch, so I called the doctor. She told me to take 2 tylenol and drink lots of water and come in if I didn't feel better in a few hours (start timer).

I can still feel baby moving around, so I am glad to know he is still fine, but holy cow, this is painful. It's like a full-blown period. The pain isn't to one side or the other, and it hurts even when I am sitting down. The pain is pretty constant. Definitely doesn't feel like a UTI... it is certainly in my uterus, and I haven't had any issues with peeing or feeling like I have a UTI (I can usually catch them really early because I notice the feeling immediately).

I have taken my tylenol and while I wait to see if it helps, has anyone else had an experience like this? What was going on?

Obviously my worst fear is something crazy like preterm labor or an incompetent cervix (I have been having what is affectionately known as "crotch lightning" for the past few days, which has scared me a bit, but is apparently normal). After two losses, I would hate to make it this far and have something go wrong again. I had this terrible dream last night that I lost my mucus plug because I have been so nervous with the crotch lightning.

Please tell me someone can say this is normal.

I had some bad cramps last week and in the end it was diarrhea (sorry for the tmi). I was really concerned and called the doctor, but it went away a few days later, it was just a bug. I hope yours is something benign as well!! Hope you get checked out for some peace of mind xx

The last few days I've had cramping (not strong AF cramps but more the dull ache you get a few days before) and lower back ache. It's like I've been so much more aware of my uterus and it felt so uncomfortable!

Fingers crossed for you, I'm sure everything will be fine :hugs:

I totally understand your worry due to previous losses, just wanted to give :hugs: and say it can be completely normal, I've had cramping in every single one of my pregnancies, and I know have 2 healthy babies born full term. It could be stretching, or you could be experiencing early braxton hicks, which mimic period pains.

The "crotch lightning" is normal too, I had it a few times already, and remember having it in my other 2 pregnancies as well. It happens when baby's head, feet, or hands hit, punch, or kick your uterus and cervix area when moving or re positioning. It leaves a strange and funny feeling, doesn't it?

A week after my 20 week scan I woke up with this achey feel down below, I just thought it was the way i slept but couple hours later at work the most painful cramps/dagger pain it lasted most the day and the only time it went was for about 20 minutes then came back even worse I was in tears in pain and thinking something bad was happening but all turned out fine it was just a day of really really bad cramps but if your ever worried call your doctors/midwife as they can offer the best advice

Bad cramping is why I went in today Kylee but this is my 3rd and so it's a lot more common, I would err on the side of caution and go in just to be safe even though you're probably just fine.

Glad to see that it is most likely normal. Cramps have eased to almost nothing now, but I can still feel them on occasion. I had to go to a meeting and several other women there said it was completely normal and not to worry unless I was in awful pain. Baby is still kicking away in there, so I guess it is all fine. I have been downing water like it is a professional sport this afternoon. Maybe that is helping. I will take it easy the rest of the night and if I have the cramps again tomorrow, I will probably ask my doc if I can come in.

Glad they eased up and you're feeling better now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->