Painting baby girls' nails?

I have a boy so i wouldn't but even if i had a girl i still wouldn't. I disagree with those chemicals going onto them and if they put their hands/feet in their mouths (which they do) i wouldn't want them nomming on the nail varnish. I think these days, parents really push their LO's to grow up way to fast. Even clothes in the shops now are like mini adult clothes. It's getting ridiculous.

I painted DD1's toes and was actually going to paint my new LO's today. Guess I'm "chavvy", or a bad mom. And do I care what people think? NOPE! I'm not doing any harm to my baby by painting her toenails, my god.

If your little one would sit still and you want to do it, go for it! I just wouldn't do the hands because they can chew it off of their nails lol

If I saw a baby with nail polish on I would think "chavvy mum", I'll probably get knocked for that but that's my opinion.

I agree with this actually.

on 16 and pregnant one of the girls took her daughter to a nail salon for her first birthday which I think was quite a sweet idea.

and the sock thing, I put about 5 pairs on her and her snowsuit but I got some little ugg style boot/slipper things from M&S the other day so hopefully they will help her to tay warm :D xxx

I have a son but I guess if a had a girl I'd wait untill she asked me 2 have them painted x

I won't do it until she's old enough to ask, she's a baby, i personally really don't agree with it...

I saw a baby the other day wearing high fricking heels if you please!!!!

Hardly in the same league as nail polish though really....

I personally wouldn't just yet, wait until she sees you doing yours and wants hers done then she'll think its a bit more special x

I would worry about the removal more than anything as they can be quite harsh but if you are careful and don't get it on the skin it will minimise the risks. Also the vapours shouldn't really be inhaled by a child. If you do it just be sensible about it x I'm a beauty therapist and so am aware of the dangers.

I'm having a boy but it wouldn't be out of the question if I got bored enough.

I'd do one or two at a time as I could and let them dry... Might take 10 shots but it could work.

I don't see the problem with dressing babies and toddlers as adults... It's cute and it's funny... Let's get over it. Unless there is something defective with your brain, you're not gonna mistake a toddler for a "hooker".
What's the difference between that and dressing a baby in a tuxedo? My husband in a tuxedo is a sexual object to me (don't tell I'm that lol) if I see a baby wearing one, should I see the baby as one too?

I had my ears pierced at 6 weeks and it looked really cute and feminine... Never occured to me to think of earrings as anything else.

Oh my jeebus..again???

I do think it's a bit silly ..but that is just me personally. I don't think it's trashy or that there's anything wrong with it.. I just don't see the reason for it.

On a health level- I would be concerned about the chemicals in varnish. My baby still puts her feet and hands in her mouth. I would be concerned that she might get ingest some of those chemicals.

As for dressing kids up as adults. No, I don't think that's funny. I think it's pathetic. There was a huge scandal in the US recently about a pageant mom dressing her baby up as the hooker character from "Pretty Woman".

I didn't chuckle and think it was cute. I thought it was pretty stupid and somewhat appalling and I thought that mom should have realized that dressing your child up like a hooker wasn't going to be a crowd pleaser.

I dint see it as chavvy or anything,it's not like u would paint a leopard print on her nails or anything.I think it's cute on the toes but Lola would never sit that long but come when she's walking in the summer I might go for a nice pink...chavvy,pikey,I don't care,I don't see the harm at all xx

What does pikey mean? I think chavvy means trashy. I don't think it's trashy either.

As for dressing kids up as adults. No, I don't think that's funny. I think it's pathetic. There was a huge scandal in the US recently about a pageant mom dressing her baby up as the hooker character from "Pretty Woman".
Dressing a kid up specifically like a prositute character from a movie was an odd choice for a costume... What I meant was people complaining about "glamorizing" babies by putting on nail polish or piercing their ears. Many professional women put on makeup and pierce their ears, no one mistakes them for a hooker...
As for the "chemicals" in nail polish being ingested by babies... Really? First, they have no teeth, second, are babies not allowed to have any painted toys now? Check out what laundry detergent, hand sanitizers and anti bacterial soaps are doing to kids before ranting about the evils of painting a baby's nails.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion on whether or not they like to see children with makeup or painted nails but to try to apply scientific evidence to back up that opinion is just as silly.
Sure, I don't see the purpose of it either but then I don't really see the purpose of painting a nursery either.

What does pikey mean? I think chavvy means trashy. I don't think it's trashy either.

I think it means different things in different areas.. Where I live "Pikey" is an offensive term for a Traveller.

As for painting a baby's nails.. No.. My DD is 18 months and I wouldn't dream of it. .That's just me though. I don't see the point.

Nail varnish contains known carcinogens and the fumes are toxic. Not to be breathed in at all if it can be helped, and definitely not for very young lungs!

No.

A baby doesn't benefit in any way, shape or form from having their nails painted, it's only other people who do because they think it looks cute or whatever, but they're not an accessory or a doll to play dress-up with. Besides, I personally feel that babies should be left to be babies, it's such a short period of time and I think it's such a shame to rush that away from them.

I won't be painting my daughters nails until she's old enough to ask for it to be done. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->