Painting baby girls' nails?

Nope no-way there babies not accesories!! Obv not a prob as i have a bou but i wouldnt untill they were atleast 8

But if its not my kid its not my choice so im not bovered if other people do - it doesnt effect me

No I wouldnt do that. It's up to you as her mum but I have a baby girl and I would not do this.......when she put her fingers in her mouth she would be eating the varnish! But, you are her mum and we all do different things different ways. But my advice is, don't do it x

I wonder if it's a UK thing to find it ridiculous.

Any North American moms think the same? I am not "for" it (I don't even have a girl) but I really can't comprehend why anyone would give 2 craps about nail polish on a baby and possibly find some sort of gender studies thesis subject/objectification meaning in it...

They actually make baby/toddler friendly nail polish, its called piggy paint :). I won't lie, I've got one bottle of it and have painted Arianna's toe nails on occasion. Piggy paint is so gentle though that it almost comes off with just water.

268598_10150322390855921_590700920_9960631_1123483_n.jpg

cutee :cloud9:

Any North American moms think the same? I am not "for" it (I don't even have a girl) but I really can't comprehend why anyone would give 2 craps about nail polish on a baby and possibly find some sort of gender studies thesis subject/objectification meaning in it...

I'm in Canada and wouldn't give one crap about it, let alone two craps! ;)
Same with ear piercing. It probably heals better in infants anyway.

dunno if it's been mentioned but piggy paint is a safe, non toxic nail paint for kids and younger if you wish. I don't think a tiny bit of sheer pink nail polish is bad for a special occasion because it's hardly a sexy accessory. Dunno if it's for me but whatever- each to their own!

Personally I wouldn't...I don't think OH would be very happy :rofl: but each to their own, it's not for me.

They actually make baby/toddler friendly nail polish, its called piggy paint :). I won't lie, I've got one bottle of it and have painted Arianna's toe nails on occasion. Piggy paint is so gentle though that it almost comes off with just water.

268598_10150322390855921_590700920_9960631_1123483_n.jpg

cutee :cloud9:
pretty! :) that looks nice to me, not at all chavvy.

I'm from the US and like I said.. I think it's silly...but not trashy or anything. Not like I would see a baby with painted toenails and proclaim they must be trash.

I would only be concerned about the chemicals personally, but I don't think I would be screaming "bad mother" if I saw it.

yeah iv got nothing against nail paint on a baby , apart from the chemical aspect of it,im not keen on the look either though but live and let live :shrug:

I must be the worst mother in the world. :rofl:

I painted Sophia's when she was about 6 weeks old so we matched when we went out wearing sandals. (Yes, I put sandals on my 6 week old, probably makes me an even worse mom!) and then I painted them blue and orange for the Chicago Bears!

You don't have to use nail polish remover, it comes off with rubbing alcohol and quite easily. Guess I'm chavvy or whatever. :haha:

please dont use the word pikey, it is racist and offensive.

i suppose i dont really have an opinion either way, that piggy paint sounds good.i think i would be most worried about them inhaling chemicals?x

I painted Sophia's when she was about 6 weeks old so we matched when we went out wearing sandals. (Yes, I put sandals on my 6 week old, probably makes me an even worse mom!) and then I painted them blue and orange for the Chicago Bears!

You don't have to use nail polish remover, it comes off with rubbing alcohol and quite easily. Guess I'm chavvy or whatever. :haha:

You are the worse mom I have ever met. I will be un-friending you immediately.

[-X

As for dressing kids up as adults. No, I don't think that's funny. I think it's pathetic. There was a huge scandal in the US recently about a pageant mom dressing her baby up as the hooker character from "Pretty Woman".
Dressing a kid up specifically like a prositute character from a movie was an odd choice for a costume... What I meant was people complaining about "glamorizing" babies by putting on nail polish or piercing their ears. Many professional women put on makeup and pierce their ears, no one mistakes them for a hooker...
As for the "chemicals" in nail polish being ingested by babies... Really? First, they have no teeth, second, are babies not allowed to have any painted toys now? Check out what laundry detergent, hand sanitizers and anti bacterial soaps are doing to kids before ranting about the evils of painting a baby's nails.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion on whether or not they like to see children with makeup or painted nails but to try to apply scientific evidence to back up that opinion is just as silly.
Sure, I don't see the purpose of it either but then I don't really see the purpose of painting a nursery either.

Wow. I just saw this.. I was " ranting"..... really? By saying that I thought it was silly but I didn't think it was trashy and that I would only worry about the chemicals? And of course, babies don't have teeth which means that they don't ingest anything... that makes ALL kinds of sense.

Can you do me a favor and actually attack the people who ARE against it?

Unreal.

I'm not a fan, but others can do it if that want to. :shrug:

My LO keeps her fingers and toes in her mouth constantly, and I just don't want to risk her eating the polish.
Not to mention, no idea how anyone can keep those little digits still while painting/drying them! :haha:

Nope I personally think its wrong when children can put their hands and feet in their mouth and ingest it. Not good.

Not really my thing, I think theres plenty of time for all that and babies should stay babies as long as possible. They grow up so fast! X

[-X

Does it make it ok that I only do her toes & she isn't sucking on those yet?! :rofl:

& the whole inhaling the chemicals..it's not like i'm putting the bottle under her nose or taking my 3 month old into a shop that does nails. :roll:

Also the 'glamorizing' thing..I pick out the cutest clothes and all of that because I want her to look good, the toe nail polish is just cute. :flower:

[-X

Does it make it ok that I only do her toes & she isn't sucking on those yet?! :rofl:

& the whole inhaling the chemicals..it's not like i'm putting the bottle under her nose or taking my 3 month old into a shop that does nails. :roll:

NO NO NO...... I am part of the perfect mommy parade.. unacceptable!:haha:

I just keep visualizing Corrine sticking her feet and hands in her mouth and her eating chipped nail polish when I think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->