PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Hopeful I'm c6- etc kind hetero for mthfr and I only take the extra folic acid which is in the vitamin already. When the docs measured my folate levels they were very good using these vits so do you think this is ok? Good luck with the 20:30 scan hopeful I'll be thinking of you, can we have pictures. Is work stressing you out? X x
Bumps thanks for the info. I suspect they would monitor you but if I go the 'ivf' route I think this would be my first option before the ivf so maybe the fs would monitor me? We are going to get those hormone tests done too as I've never had them done and want to know you know fsh and all that jazz!

Heart you're nearly 16 weeks! :yipee: seems so little time ago now when you first tested positive and posted your pics. Do they give you Femara on it's own without iui ever? I've heard Femara is better too. I think your dream meant that you are just so protective over your baby :cloud9:

Fili- did they test your homocysteine levels? Mine were normal...
I think I posted this link in the past and it's helpful for an explanation of the severity of the diff types of mthfr. I have seen girls on other rpl boards take lovenox for it as the have had recurring mc/s and others whose docs say they don't need it but they want to take it as they still have rpl.
One girl has had 6 or 7 mc and no kids at 38 and this time shes taking lovenox and is 7 wks with a good heartbeat for the first time. Hoping this is her time to finally have a baby.
She had gotten to heartbeat stage in the past but it was weak and then would stop.
Reminds me of your mc too...
( I do have fibromyalgia but little is known about it, I was in a bad car accident 15 yrs ago and my muscles have been sore ever since)

https://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/forums/Fibromyalgia_General_Discussion/MTHFR_Deficiency/

Pip - I heard the opposite from raj at St Marys last month saying that they had invested in research saying for the majority of woman early scans aren't good - due to the build up of nerves before early scan finding out everything is ok and then back on the band wagon full of nerves until the next scan so it's constant emotions going up and down waiting for the next scan and it's not good. If woman didn't go through mmc then everything would be perfect !!!! I feel like that just always waiting for my next scan to check bubs is ok. One thing unfortunately true can't prevent anything which happenx which I keep telling myself !!!!

Bumpy - yeah its annoying that u cant get an early scan - can u pay to go private ~ 100 pounds for
early scan ? I reckon if your doc is willing to write u a letter u will get scanned

Fili, I took Femara for 3 cycles without IUI. I definitely Ov'd earlier, but didn't get pregnant on those cycles.

Yup, 16 weeks tomorrow. Lately, the weeks have been flying by, but in the beginning they were torture. And yes, I'm feeling very over protective. When my husband rolls over in bed, I automatically cover my stomach so he doesn't accidentally elbow me in the stomach or something. He's never done that in the past. Sometimes I wake myself up when I'm doing it and laugh at myself for how protective I'm being even in sleep!

Hopeful, my homocysteine levels were normal too which is why I was just given extra folic acid instead of any other treatment.

Hopeful yeah my homo levels are ok, homo levels?! :haha: that doesnt sound so pc does it!? anyway they were fine. I think I got the furthest when I was on lovenox last time, but think I need the steroids and aspirin too x

Heart - I wouldn't try and stress about bf. Just see what suits u when u have your baby. When I had Elliott he was quite sick with jaundice so had to be under light therapy for nearly 2 weeks in hospital. He was too sick and weak to have breast milk has he had to be under lights 24/7 and needed quick turn around to feed as we were close to blood transfusion. The hospital made me formula feed as Elliott was losing weight. It's the best thing ever as he was never a baby that would latch on properly ( even though I had lots of help) it just wasn't for my baby. There is a lot of pressure to bf I don't think they should be. Either is good . One benefit I could leave him all day with hubby and bf u can't . I'd just be open minded on which way u decide. After all the benefits I will never bf again personal choice but there is nothing worse than feeling sore after labour and mw squeezing your bubs to get milk out painful. Some of my friends found it really easy though - think it depends on your lo x

Thanks Pretty. I'm not stressed about it in my daily life. It was just that dream last night. I know that some babies don't latch on. I have many friends who have had that happen. I would love to BF, but if it doesn't work, then I can handle it.

What an amazing story about Elliot. That must have been a very difficult time for you. Thank god it all worked out for you both. It's amazing how resilient babies are.

Aren't dreams amazing - I love them. Only have them when I'm prego and if not it's always nightmares. U will save a small fortune if u bf. I reckon I've spent 1200 pounds in 9 months on packet milk. 65p a packet and some days 8 packets every 24 hours - reduced now though in last month :)

Heart what did i look like in your dream? Lol. I'm always curious how others 'see' me.

I'm sorry i upset you about Laura and breastfeeding :haha: i did get milk, it came on day 3 and wow my boobs were hugs and hard but Laura sucked like a hoover and it hurt soooo bad. I am hoping this baby has a gentler suck! Lol

Pretty, dreams are amazing. Another dream I had last night was that I was having an affair with Sting! He was the younger version of himself and we were just starting to flirt and kiss. It was exhilarating! I know why I had that dream. Sting is my husband's client and my husband has interviewed Sting. I've yet to meet him, but am hoping too. And in my youth, I used to drool over him! LOL!

Puppy, you looked like your profile pic on your FB page. You were very slim, not pregnant. And you told me your boobs got deflated because the milk never came in. I never saw your boobs, but felt bad that you had deflated boobs! LOL!

SO just curious ladies, when did your symptoms start...mine don't usually start until like 5 weeks on the dot, but I'm still freaking out wishing I had something...with DD, I didn't even have sore boobs when my milk came in! Just wish it would start already though lol! Only a PAL would wish for morning sickness lol!

:haha: That is so true. Every other pregnant woman wants to avoid symptoms, but us PALs want more. :haha:
I usually get a bit of nausea starting around 4 weeks, but not much. I tend to have easy pregnancies which is great, except those bad thoughts do sneak in every once in a while.

Heart, that is too cute that you are protecting your baby girl even in the midst of steamy dreams about Sting!

Pretty, they can't seem to make their minds up about the scans, can they? :haha:Your info is probably newer than mine. I read about it in Prof Regan's book and watched her talk about it in an online video, but both are a number of years old.

Puppy cat in my mind you're half cat half puppy :haha:

...no just as heart describes :)

Lmao deflated boobs! Awesome! The one thing i do have at the moment is dry nipples, like around the nipple (is that the areola??) The flat pink bit anyway, its all flakey and dry. Anyone else?

I loved those plats Heart, i keep thinking i'll have to do them again!

Haha Fili i missed your post, must have posted the same time. I am indeed half cat, half dog. Lol
I might go and tame my eyebrows before i photo my new haircut, i've been a bit lazy with the shaping recently...

Urgh tell me about it mine awe like caterpillars! can't be bothered!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->