PAL after Recurrent Losses - come join us!

Morning. Diva is all better today. Dose of calpol, huge cuddles and vast amounts of milk and she slept from 6-5 :) then back down till 8

Yay Jen 10 weeks xxx
Embo wow that's a fab result especially for 33 I'm 30 an mine was 3000 I'm bit worried mines very low in comparison! Help!! X

Florida that's fab video my lovely xx
Heart good luck for ur results even though u don't need it! X
Croy happy 16 weeks to us!! Xx
Hello everyone else? How r we all?

Well I brought maternity knickers a bra vest top a vest, a lovely chiffon style kaftan in white from h and m, a blue an white striped top from h an m! An some pyjamas that are massive!! Lol feel so nice to have some actual maternity things!! Scary!! But it's happening! Tried to think about the summer a bit! X

hi ladies!

3x - your tests sound great, cant wait to hear about your even darker lines when your FRERs arrive!

Hopeful - good luck today with scan, cant wait to hear all about it!

Embo - Fab, Fab, Fab news, im ecstatic for you! you deserve it!

Heart - dont blame you for keeping on the progesterone, you do what makes you feel better. thanks for remembering about my apptmt. it got moved from tues to this morning, ill put an update at the end of my post.

Beth - good luck for blood draws tomorrow

Mom2 - great news re HCG!!! whoohooooo

Florida - lovely news about your twinnie scan! how cute!

Tracie - hope diva is feeling better!

Jen - happy 10 weeks!

Welcome greats. a few of us are newly pregnant so we can help support each other!

Hi lou, fili, pip, croy, davies. Hope i havent missed anyone, if i have then hi to you too!!!!!

So, im really upset girls :-( went for my booking in apptmt today and got told i cant have ANY early scans! im sure you will all agree that news like that when you have had recurrent mc is heartbreaking. Im not getting any extra care from anyone either. I was seeing a private consultant to get my tests done, but due to the cost im not seeing him anymore, they wont give me an NHS consultant or give me any early scans unless im bleeding or had a previous eptopic. apparently my local EPU policy has changed. I have always had early scans before so would think it would be no different. I was so upset i started crying on my doctor! so she has agreed to do some blood draws for me (mon and wed and the following mon and wed), she is also going to speak to my old private consultant as he also does some work for the NHS but didnt give me much hope. so i have no choice but to muddle through and hope for the best!

Trac soz posted at same time pleased she's better love her how awful when there poorly x

Oh bumpy that's awful my lovely I personally would call epau myself an explain you have rec miscarriage history an therefor are very nervous an that's never good!! An they will scan you, they don't like to do them to early but they will scan you! Try it hun you have nothing to lose! X

Bumpy sounds like my EPAU - they changed their policy too :(

Just found out I'm going to be an Aunty :D DH's sister is 11 weeks and is RPL too :(

Bumps I would just go to your gp and complain of serous painful cramping when you're 6-7 weeks then they have to refer you for a scan. You can't say bleeding though or they'll know. Do it that way Hun, that will work I promise. X

Afm no ovulation as I expected :nope: not that it matters as I have to wait now :nope: and just worried about when I'm going to get af now as I had medical management and a d and c! My d and c was two weeks ago so perhaps it will come in the next few weeks. Keep thinking they've made me infertile lol! Sorry for the downer girls.

Oh fili mine always took a while an waiting is crap!! But it will
Happen I no its horrible waiting! So cruel this trying again business,! Hard work to! We're all here for you lovely x

thanks ladies, you are all so lovely!
im hoping my GP will have some luck, when i started crying she said she would do her best so fingers crossed!!!!
Hi Puppy! wow great news you have a real life bump buddy!

Fili - how annoying, maybe though you will not ov this month, its not unusual. I NEVER ovulate the first month after a MC so i always have to wait for that first AF to try again. i know you usually do but perhaps this time you wont OV and will just get that AF and then you will go back to normal. i know its annoying but at least if you are not trying this month anyway it will make things easier for you as you wont be able to try anyway if that makes sense. Im sure you body will be fine babe x

Fili, how annoying!
Could you maybe start temping again to see whether your temps are high already indicating af is next rather than ovulation?
Or are you quite pleased to be taking a break from the routine?

Puppy, great news about your SIL. I hope this one sticks for her so you can be bump buddies :happydance:

Jen, 10 weeks! :yipee:

Heart, sorry I got the dates wrong. At least you have your 'servant' around a little longer and can make a better plan for slobby time :lol:

Bumpy, I'm sorry to hear about your EPU's policy. As fili mentioned earlier, St Mary's carried out some research showing that regular scans and a bit more care in early pregnancy can really help - I guess it works similarly to a placebo pill? Such a shame that funding cuts are made at the expense of babies' lives although I bet they don't see it that way :growlmad:

Tracie, glad diva is feeling better!

Davies, you are so ahead of me! I dream of maternity pajamas...

Thanks girls, that's a good idea pip I will do that.

Davies did you get your clomid off your gp or St marys? Not thinking of taking it yet lol! But just out of curiosity for future options...

Aww that's crap about epau I'd Defo push for it what a horrible thing to go through I've had a fair few scans but that's cause I was under two hospitals at the time xx

I just took my first food strop at hubby cause there was no jam cake left lol x

Haha Jen! I had a home baked baguette with tuna mayo an cucumber! Yum yum may go get a cupcake! X
Fili I got my clomid from gp an I always got it there I got lots if u want some? Lol obviously I would speak to doctor first if I was u! Lol x
But I can understand it u just want it to get pg! X

Greats, welcome. We all understand how scary these early days are. Are you doing anything different this time? Have you had any tests done? I hope this is your sticky bun.

Haven't had any tests, yet. Doctor won't do anything until 3 losses. So frustrating. I haven't even called my doctor yet to schedule an appointment, probably will just wait until I'm exactly 5 weeks on Monday. Usually he won't see you until you're 6 weeks but with my history he'll probably budge.

I have Hashimoto's Disease which causes my Hypothyroidism, so I'm taking extra care to follow my medicine routine to a T. Also, taking a baby aspirin every night this time around. Hopefully I'm doing all the right things and this is my sticky little guy! or girl :flower:

Haha Jen! I had a home baked baguette with tuna mayo an cucumber! Yum yum may go get a cupcake! X
Fili I got my clomid from gp an I always got it there I got lots if u want some? Lol obviously I would speak to doctor first if I was u! Lol x
But I can understand it u just want it to get pg! X

Ohh thanks Davies might take you up on that but I'll speak to doc first! do you know of anyone who took it despite ov ing already? X tuna baguette sounds yummy :munch:

Bumpy - I am so sorry they are giving you trouble! Thanks for the encouragement!

Fili - Sorry hun, I don't think I ovulated after some of my m/c's...maybe that's the case here?

SO just curious ladies, when did your symptoms start...mine don't usually start until like 5 weeks on the dot, but I'm still freaking out wishing I had something...with DD, I didn't even have sore boobs when my milk came in! Just wish it would start already though lol! Only a PAL would wish for morning sickness lol!

Just a thought Fili and i may be wrong, but if your doc knows you are OV normally, they may not give it to you. Even if you go to a different doc than normal I would have thought usually they would do some blood tests to make sure you arent OVing rather than just taking your word for it. This is what happened to a friend of mine. she has been trying to get preg for over a year, has been using OPK and never had a posititve so it sounds like shes not OV but her GP wont give her anything until all the blood tests have been done. I hope you prove me wrong though!

greats - congrats! are you on prednisone for the hashimotos?

jen - happy 10 weeks!

tracie - good to hear diva is doing well ;)

3x - yes, we are very overprotective! it's too bad you hadn't gotten to see that RE sooner but happy to hear he's a good one. i would think they would have done rpl testing after 3 m/c? i don't think it would be bad eggs as you are young.
my pregnancies have all been diff but this is the only one i've gotten this far in. i puked crazy bad the first time, the other 3 times i felt really good, this time it started early, around 4.5 weeks? with bad burping gas and just so tired and hard to eat anything in the very early days due to it all making me burp so bad .

pip - thanks for the reassuring words, they weigh everyone at my clinic every time too, i like seeing the weight go up and it's the only time in my life i will feel that way.

bumpy - they have to do a scan, that's ridiculous, between 6-7 weeks would be nice - hoping you get the scan!!!!

davies - i've been thinking about pregnancy knickers but the ones i have are maybe like it? they are just bikini cut but stretchy and really comfy (normal knickers, not made for pregnancy), whats diff about preg nickers? i still need to get bras too! got an extender but the bras are still too tight.

fili- think that's pretty normal to not O, just means you will for sure O next round and fertile myrtle!

took the day off today, just too stressed and so tired. can't wait for the scan, it's not until around 8:30 tonight UK time. (is that 20:30?)

3x - maybe you did have some testing and I didnt realize? As they know you have mthfr? What type of hetero mthfr is it? The a1298c hetero is the least severe kind but there is also
C677t which is more severe.

Ah Bumpy, what a crappy appointment! I’m sometimes shocked at the way your system works. I didn’t have to wait for 3 losses for RPL testing and I got early scans for every pregnancy, even my first (well, that’s because I had a little spotting at 6 weeks). I’m glad you cried! Tears can get you a lot. I agree about complaining about the cramping. You might even want to say it’s on one side so they think it’s an ectopic! That will get their attention.

Pretty I can’t say I’m treating myself. It’s been a struggle to make myself eat more in general. So treats feel like extra work to me. But I don’t think it’s a bad thing. You deserve the treats!

3x, my nausea didn’t start until 6 weeks and even then it was intermittent. Some days I would have it, other days I wouldn’t. During my 9th week I didn’t have it at all and it freaked me out. But it came back with a vengeance. Hang in there. Part of the curse of HPT’s is that we know so much earlier that we’re pregnant and have more time to freak out.

Happy 10 weeks to Jen!!!

Happy 16 weeks to Davies and Croy!!!

Davies, well done buying some maternity clothes. You are going to love them!

Tracie, so glad Izzy is feeling better. Sounds like the perfect treatment plan you gave her.

Puppy what wonderful news about your SIL. How fun that you’ll both be pregnant together.

Fili, you aren’t infertile. It’s so, so, so normal for your cycle to be off right after a loss. Mine was always weird and I’m not sure I ever Ov’d that first cycle. Don’t worry, you’ll Ov again. I promise! I always Ov, but it’s about a week later than most women so I was given Clomid. But I got pregnant that cycle and never took it. Fast forward a few years and I was given Femara because I told them I Ov’d late. They never tested me, just gave it to me. I’ve heard Femara is better than Clomid in terms of side effects. At my clinic, if you do any kind fertility treatments like IUI, they automatically give you Femara or Clomid, even if you Ov on CD 14.

Pip, Valentine’s Day was Tuesday, but your real V-day is tomorrow! :happydance: So exciting!

Greats, don’t forget that at 5 weeks, they might not see anything on a scan. But I don’t blame you for wanting one that early. I’m glad you are taking meds to help prevent another loss.

Hopeful, I’m so glad you took the day off. today. I’m never able to concentrate on scan days. Lucky me, you are 2 hours ahead of me, so I only have to wait until 12:30ish for an update. Good luck, but I know it’s going to be great. I went to a prenatal yoga class yesterday and there was a twin mama who was 30 weeks. She didn’t look nearly as big as I thought she should at 30 weeks, but then I remembered she still had over 2 months to go. She definitely looked 9 months pregnant! Identical twin girls for her.

AFM, I had my first baby dream since this pregnancy. It was a girl (big surprise there!) and I was stressed because my milk hadn’t come in and I couldn’t BF her. Then Puppy told me her milk never came in with Laura and I got even more stressed because I didn’t know that could happen. Then we were in an exploding building and I had to save my baby. I wish I could say it was a lovely dream, but it was very stressful. The only nice thing was that I loved this baby so, so, much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->