PAL - February 2013 rainbow babies

Hello lovely ladies!

I found out I was pregnant last Sunday and have been lurking about the first tri boards, but I'm so cautious that I couldn't bring myself to post. We've had 2 miscarriages, but have 2 beautiful and wonderful children who are the light of our lives to balance out the pain. Online due date calculators have put me around Valentine's Day. <3

I'm trying to remain positive, but realistic at the same time! I've been POAS like crazy and have never gotten anything other than a faint +. I did use a digi so I could wrap it and give it to my husband for our anniversary. I had a leftover one that I took yesterday and it still says PREGNANT but my other hpts are all faint, faint lines. This is freaking me out because I'm thinking it means my hcg level is really low?!?! I have yet to go in for any blood work because I obsess about the numbers and it makes me really anxious. I've been taking my pre-natals religiously and had some prometrium leftover from my last pregnancy so started that the night I got my hpt.

Anyway, enough of my rant. I don't want to bring any negative thoughts or feelings to this lovely board... I just needed to vent because as sympathetic as DH is... he doesn't quite get it.

Thanks for letting me crash your thread and happy and healthy pregnancies to you all!

Hello lovely ladies!

I found out I was pregnant last Sunday and have been lurking about the first tri boards, but I'm so cautious that I couldn't bring myself to post. We've had 2 miscarriages, but have 2 beautiful and wonderful children who are the light of our lives to balance out the pain. Online due date calculators have put me around Valentine's Day. <3

I'm trying to remain positive, but realistic at the same time! I've been POAS like crazy and have never gotten anything other than a faint +. I did use a digi so I could wrap it and give it to my husband for our anniversary. I had a leftover one that I took yesterday and it still says PREGNANT but my other hpts are all faint, faint lines. This is freaking me out because I'm thinking it means my hcg level is really low?!?! I have yet to go in for any blood work because I obsess about the numbers and it makes me really anxious. I've been taking my pre-natals religiously and had some prometrium leftover from my last pregnancy so started that the night I got my hpt.

Anyway, enough of my rant. I don't want to bring any negative thoughts or feelings to this lovely board... I just needed to vent because as sympathetic as DH is... he doesn't quite get it.

Thanks for letting me crash your thread and happy and healthy pregnancies to you all!

Aww sweetheart! CONGRATS!! You came to the right board, I think we all have these feelings after loss. Most important is to not stress yourself out, not good for your little bean on board. Have you scheduled an appointment yet? I just had mine at 4 weeks 5 days and got to see the sac :thumbup: It was comforting, but my progesterone came back at only 15. Does anyone know if this is low? Reading online it sounds like it is...

Nicole,

Thank you for your encouragement! For the most part, I've been able to remain calm and not stress out too much. I was doing so well until I peed on that darn stick and was expecting a super dark line and saw that it was still as faint as it was last week. Now I'm worried about an ectopic and even though I have an appointment on Monday... I'm thinking of calling my OB tomorrow and talking to him about my concerns. Hopefully he can at least get me in for an u/s to confirm the sac being in the uterus.

As for your progesterone level, 15 isn't too bad. If your doctor didn't prescribe you any sort of supplement and you'd feel better if you were on them, then he/she will probably prescribe them for you. Progesterone supplements can only help not harm a pregnancy.

Welcome cgav, fingers crossed this is your sticky bean. I have added you to the front page :)

It seems like the MS is just starting fir me today. I woke up feeling great, went fir a run, cane home and jumped in the shower, then it hot me all of a sudden and I had to spew! I didn't even make it out of the shower gross! Hadn't been too bad over the rest of the day tho :)

How is everyone else feeling?

Morning ladies. How are you all? Ive made it to 6 week mark today im really nervous about next week as last time i started brown spotting at 7w3d which lead to mc at 8w3d which was around when my period would have been due. So today i wake up with a sore throat so i start googling it (i no i shouldnt have) and now its got me worrying about strep throat :-s has anyone had a sore throat since becoming pregnant and it was just that and went away?

cgav - When I first tested, both my lines were really faint but I waited over a week and tested again and now the lines are super dark! Just test again in a few days!

Hi hope, I had a sore throat for most of this week but it's seemed to have gone. Hopefully it's nothing xx
We are very similar in that I'm also 6 weeks and had brown spotting at 7 weeks, although I had a scan straight away and saw that the baby had died. I had a D&C as they suspected it wad molar (which fortunately it wasn't) so let's just try to be positive and male it through the next couple weeks xx

Hey .thanks. hopefully just a sore throat then. Fingers crossed for us all. Are you doing anything differently this time? Am defo trying to stay possitive

Not doing anything differently at all, I do feel a bit different this time tho. I think more fatigued and less sick (so far) but last time my hcg was really high (higher than normal range - although I have no idea if that has anything to do with whatever caused the mc) so hoping things are more 'normal' this time.

Work is really busy at the moment, which is good in that it's taking my mind off things, however bad because I'm so exhausted :)

Will this be your first bub? (this question is for everyone)

This will be baby 3 for us :cloud9:

Did a digi a minute ago, 3+! I am so happy, that means my hormone levels are already higher then they were for me at 6.4 weeks with my second MC. Its taken a lot of the fear away x x x

Baby number 2 for us. Our first was born 23/2/2010 so I am heading for expensive Februarys for years to come!

This will be my first but second pregnancy...miscarried in Jan.

If u say you are taking an antibiotic which conflicts with alcohol and so u can't drink, or get DH to down all ur drinks, or order a virgin vodka and coke, lol !

NT123 – LOL DH would love to down all my drinks maybe a little too much!

Welcome newbies...

Storm, I hope you get it all figured out :D. No worries, you'll be fine this time around, and by the time you have your scan, you'll have your EDD all sorted out too!

And rosebud, I agree with NT... if you just say something about a conflicting med, maybe they'll let you off the hook! We are trying to keep it a secret until almost 3 months too, so I completely understand. We'll probably tell people around 10 weeks or so, because we'll be seeing both of our families from out of town within a week or 2... and would much rather be able to tell them all in person... so it'll be close, but not quite 3 months.

ALLMACS – I think I might have to go w/your and NT’s suggestion and say I’m on antibiotics or that I’m getting over a cold so I’m not in the mood for drinking. How nice that you will be able to tell your family members all at once and you’re right you will be close enough to you 3 month mark anyway!

Hello!!! And Happy Pre Friday Ladies!!!

Rosebud--I would def use the "taking sinus or cold medicine" or antibiotics to sway to many questions..Its not secret that you wouldn't mix alcohol with allergy meds or pain meds even...I'm sure ya'll be fine! And :happydance:! one more day and we will be 4 weeks!! :happydance::happydance:
Any new sx hun?? I hear ya on the sleep!! OMG...I've never been so exhausted by 5pm in my life! Yesterday was rough--had choir practice from 630-730 and the ladies kept asking, "are you alright?"..I felt like asking for a pillow..LOL and tonite, at 630 we are meeting with the Army recruiter to go over what our oldest needs to do to enlist..He's going to be senior next year in high school and that is what he's chosen to do with his future..I'm one proud momma! :)
I haven't told my dh yet about this bean--I was wanting to surprise him on Father's Day...Man, its been hard to..going to bed early, nearly puking every morning, I absolutely don't want him to touch me:rofl:...This morning on the way out the door, I had to stop at the kitchen trash--he asked, "Morning sickness??" with his eyes cocked and the stupidest grin ever..I just played it off, but I think he's putting 2 and 2 together..LOL...

Welcome to the new ladies!! :dust: that we may all have sticky-sticky-sticky beans!!

Waiting – Thanks for the advice! Woohoo I just realized we are officially 4 weeks! Being that you are so busy w/your other kids must help the time pass. Wow about your son signing up for the military! He will have so many great benefits! I am still tired like you and now I’m starting to feel nauseous. It’s really weird actually -- if I don’t snack on something every 2 hours I will begin to feel nauseous so I’ve stocked up on fruit and nuts. DH says that makes absolutely NO sense to feel nauseous when you are hungry? Lol. I am wearing my skinny jeans to work today and they already feel snug in the stomach area and I feel pressure. I hope that’s good too. I might have to break out the “belly bands” by next week. Love those!

Not doing anything differently at all, I do feel a bit different this time tho. I think more fatigued and less sick (so far) but last time my hcg was really high (higher than normal range - although I have no idea if that has anything to do with whatever caused the mc) so hoping things are more 'normal' this time.

Work is really busy at the moment, which is good in that it's taking my mind off things, however bad because I'm so exhausted :)

Will this be your first bub? (this question is for everyone)

Welcome to all the new february mommas!

Lily - Your symptoms sound so much better from your last experience. I noticed that you are running/exercising. I was working out a lot too but I stopped because I'm worried about m/c. Are you working out the same or taking it a little easier when you run? I really want to go back to the gym!

This is our first bub after 3 losses. Fingers crossed!!!

Hello ladies soo sorry for being awol been at work and had some major wobble days so hanging on in pal after recurrent loss. I am at the stage now ehere i lost one of my twins and the last two pregnancies. So I'm overanalysing every twinge, cramp and backache. Scan cannot come fast enough.

Welcome newbies so sorry for your lisses and hope these are our rainbows.

Afm I have a little girl who is 4 she was due 12 th Feb came Jan 26 th. As my edd is 8th feb that's soooooo close.

Yes, Rosebud...:happydance::happydance: 4 weeks today!! We made one milestone so far!!! :happydance:!!! And our meeting went well..We got to figure out how to read his Advab scores...He scored a 25, and you have to have a 31 for enlistment, which the recruiter gave him study materials and he's going to brush up on his math especially.. He'll retake them in August before school starts.. He's going to be doing PT with the recruiter so he drop the extra 5-10 lbs he needs to so his weight won't be an issue, plus he'll get to work on his 2 mile run which is a requirement.. The recruiter was very nice. I was impressed.

Welcome Newbies!! I have someone on my ttc thread that just got her :bfp: over the past few days--I'm def going to tell her to come join!!

AFM in answer to the question about how many we've got so far...
I have a son who is 17 and a senior this coming school year..A stepdaughter who is 13..and the dh and I have a daughter together who is 11..We've been trying for 11 years this coming July to have a take home baby..After having 1 shot of depo when she was 6 wks old, my cycles went crazy and I haven't been to carry..The longest I've been able to go is 11 weeks...

Pics are: Adrian with her heifer, Yonder at the Ft.Worth Stock Show and the other is my stepdaughter, Sahara..She has been dancing for 10 years..

Attachments

• Adrian waiting to show 2.jpeg
    Adrian waiting to show 2.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 2
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi,
I already have one son. My hubby and I have been TTC for 18 months, I had a miscarriage on Feb 10th this year, but now have got my BFP!! I'm due Feb 13th 2013- my son's 4th Birthday!!! Trust me!!! I'm glad there are people here who understand the emotions that i am feeling.
Wishing everyone lots of luck with their rainbow babies. let's hope they all stick tight!

Afm I have a little girl who is 4 she was due 12 th Feb came Jan 26 th. As my edd is 8th feb that's soooooo close.[/QUOTE]

My little rainbow is due on my son's 4th birthday!!! I'll be having a C-section though so will make sure it's not!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->