PAL - July 2012 babies

Congrats Jox :hugs:

Has everyone had their babies now?

I've had my baby girl, too! She arrived a full 12 days late, on my birthday! I never dreamed we would go that far into July - she was due in early July. It was an eventful birth - we planned to go to the hospital all along, but I laboured at home and when the midwife arrived when my contractions were 2-1-1, I was fully dilated and ready to push! So we quickly set up for a home birth and started...pushed for 2 hours, and realized the baby wouldn't turn - she was stuck with her head coming out broad-side!! So, we then got in the car and drove to the hospital (5 min away), and they gave me an epidural and pitocin (30 hours now after my waters broke), and let me sleep while my body worked away...no dice. The baby didn't budge. At this point I'd developed an infection, and the baby's heart rate was rising with my temp... so we went right away for a c-section! 20 minutes later we had our baby girl :) 33 hrs of labour...crazy birth! I feel like I experienced every kind of birth possible. lol We're enjoying life at home with a 3-week old now!

Wow - I thought my birth story was pretty dramatic but you beat me! Glad everything's all well now Silverlilly and congrats :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->