PAL March 2012- 5 Beautiful Girls and 5 Adorable Boys!!

You can't say that FT!!! I had no advance warning with either of mine :winkwink: It just happened....either plug went or waters broke....so it could happen at any time. I do hope none of us go seriously overdue though :wacko:

FT, when I had my daughter, I had no warning. In fact, I had my 38 week check up that morning and was scheduled for my c-section the following week. That night I started with back pain, and a few hours later I was in surgery! I had no symptoms, plug loss or water break. :wacko:

I will be 38 weeks on Friday, so baby can come anytime after that!! :haha:
Had my prenatal class last night. Was very informative. I didn't really pay attention last time as I was having a c-section. Looking forward to next class tomorrow.....I guess better late then never!!

I am still in awe of all the beautiful babies!! Can't wait for mine!!

glow and addy - i hope your right :hugs: i dont know why though, i just have this gut feeling i will defo be overdue... very!!! LOL x

To be fair FT it's probably the best outlook to have then IF you do go overdue you won't be to disappointed and if you go earlier than expected it's a bonus :thumbup:

SS, Verity is beautiful. Love her chubby cheeks:cloud9:

Lou that birthing pool sounds awesome. I could go for a soak in that now:haha:

Girls hang in there, them babies are a comming soon. Cant wait to see all the little guys and gals :happydance::happydance:

where does everyone go once they have had their bumps?? Im going to need lots of advice when this man arrives :haha:

glow - thats true!!!!

Lou - i think the starter of this thread can ask BnB to transfer it to 'baby club' so we can all continue chatting on here?

thats what we are doing with our 'March Mamas 2012' thread :happydance:

glow - thats true!!!!

Lou - i think the starter of this thread can ask BnB to transfer it to 'baby club' so we can all continue chatting on here?

thats what we are doing with our 'March Mamas 2012' thread :happydance:

Thats a good idea - i should have joined due march ages ago as im so worried about being a first time mum and learning all these new skills, going to need the help of others :wacko:

well you can join anytime hunni :hugs:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...3-pink-24-blue-16-yellow-bumps-15-babies.html

its a fast moving thread but the ladies there (glowstar included) are smashing and great for advice :) so maybe once LO is here you can ask Q's etc there :hugs:

right im off for a bath in hope it relaxxes my muscles... i defo must have slept in a funny position :shrug:

Oooh I agree with Lou. Im pretty much blundering my way through these first weeks with Hayley. So far I have been lucky with her though, if shes fed, and her butt is dry she is asleep and smiling. I swear I would love to know what she dreams about, that baby smiles all the time in her sleep. :haha:

Other than that, me and papa are winging it. First bath was an adventure. The poor thing pooed and pooed just as we sat her in the bath. It was like a nasty baby soup. :haha: So ended up bathing her like 3 times because she kept pooping in the tub.

And now Im wondering about loose stools, GS and you girls with kiddies already. When is loose stools considered diarrhea? Hayley is combo feeding expressed breastmilk and formula. I have been eating more veggies lately trying to up my iron because I was really anemic after the C-section and just today she had the "squirts" literally. It was comming out with force and gas behind it and was the consistancy of mustard that you squirt outta the plastic jars. And a pale yellow, brown color. Is that normal? I know every baby is different but what warning sign do I look for that she may be in trouble with diarrhea?

It could be a combination of what you are eating. Remember everything you eat/drink is passed from baby to you via BF. Try to avoid to much fruit or fruit juice as that runs right through them and will give them a sore bottom in no time but also do keep up your fluid intake, that's really important.
BF poo is quite mustard like and runny. I always remember my girls kind of looked like Mustard and almost like it had little seeds in it and it smells quite sweet...so I consider that to be normal.
Babies that are exclusively FF will have much harder poos. As long as you are somewhere in between and she is feeding OK and gaining weight I wouldn;t worry too much. :hugs::hugs:

That makes sense GS. Her poo just got a little runnier as I upped her intake of breastmilk. I think that its broccoli and greens making her gassy. Me and papa are farting to, lol tmi. I dont do much fruit juice because im trying to loose some of this baby weight. Mostly milk and water. I have been pumping like mad trying to get a good supply going and have almost doubled her intake of breastmilk. She is doing about 60% formula and 40% breastmilk now. I have lost the window of trying to get her to do a good latch on as she is totally spoiled to a bottle so have to rely on the pump which im sure isnt as good. But I will give her as much as I can make and top her off with the formula. Btw she had gained 6oz in 3 days at her last weigh in. Made mama so happy that she accidently bumped her head on the scale while thanking the doctor :blush: I just looked at the doctor mortified and didnt move, she was sooo sweet tho. She told me it was ok, and that little bumps will happen. Whew. Im still soo nervous with her, I feel like im gonna break her.

Oh and the smell of her poo reminds me of peanut butter :haha: Kinda sweet but funky all at the same time. :shrug: Ahh sorry for hijacking the thread for baby advice, but really glad to have other experienced mums in here to talk to. Thanks everybody :hugs:

That's a great weight gain Essie!! so I don't think you have anything to worry about at all! and yes upping the breast milk she gets will make her poo's appear slightly runnier :winkwink: and good description about Peanut Butter :haha:
I think I scratched one of mine with my nail by accident and making them cry and I felt totally awful. These things happen though but it all does get easier. Some days you feel like you've gone backwards a step and then others you feel like you've taken giant leaps forward.
You sound like you are doing an AMAZING job :hugs::hugs:

Essie, her poop sounds totally normal. If it was only breast milk, her poops would be yellow, runny and seedy with little to no odor. Because you are supplementing, it will start to turn more brown and smell a bit. Like you said, she is very content when fed with a dry diaper, so sounds like you are doing everything right!!

The best way to learn to care for a newborn, is to just do it! You are a fantastic mom already, and it is only going to get better!!

We have our second prenatal class tonight......coping with labour!! :haha:
Hopefully I learn a few things!!

I had such bad back pain last night around 2am. Last about 4 hours and was coming and going like contractions.....I started to think it was actually going to happen, as that is how it started with my dd! No such luck! Hopefully it means labour will start soon though. 38 weeks tomorrow, so this little one can come at any time now!!

Thanks for the encouraging words girls. Makes me think that I can do this ;)

Addy not long now, your back pain sounds promising. Congrats on 38 weeks.

Ok so somebody have a baby already, lol. Cant wait to see all the little ones.

Ft-how are you? 99%!!!
Essie, those stools sound normal. My lo nappy is more of a yellow splatter mess than a stool!
He has been discharged from midwife now after a great weight gain, he is up to 8lb11 now. The constant feeding is obv doing something right. As for me I'm still in a bit of pain but midwife thinks I have a uti so off to dr on mon. Still bleeding quite a bit but boobs seem to be settling into their new milk parlour size!

Xxx

still here feeling uncomfy but NO signs of anything happening at all TBH!!!!!!! BOO! :)

Hope your all ok? xxx

Cornish, glad your little man is doing so well and gaining weight so nicely. Sounds like BF'ing is going very well for you! Sorry that you are in so much pain, hopefully the doctor can get things straightened out for you. :flower:

FT, I'm feeling nothing as well.......am wishing for signs everyday, but nothing happens!! LOL. I am so anxious to meet this little one!!

How is everyone else doing?? Pretty quiet on here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->