PAL Spring 2011 babies - Welcome Mason, Iris, Lily, Isaac, Luca & Dominic !!!!

it's getting crowded in there, no doubt, but that never stopped her from poking knees and feet out lol.
also, reading mixed messages, some say less movement is normal before birth, others say it isn't.
found such disturbing posts here last night, i was very glad by then she was wriggling around again at a good pace.
she must have taken a big big nap yesterday, in the evening she was more active, this morning too.
or maybe she's suffering a bit from that cold i have, is possible too i guess.
no fun, i want that to be over with!
with every coughing spell i had this morning, i had to run for the sink bc i had to puke up slimes and salive, seriously, this is 1st tri all over again (only i didn't need coughing spells then to trigger it hehe)

april 30... i wouldn't mind if things started up somewhere this evening, then have her may 1st hehe.
is a national holiday here, so she'd always be home on her bday haha

happy 42 weeks Lightweight!!!
happy 36 weeks AppleSauce!!!

weight estimates can be off, don't forget that, and in 4 weeks LO might add just another kg... or not, wouldn't worry too much, it has to come out anyway hehe

I know that estimates can be off but cause my last 3 were 10lb, 8 lb 1 1/2(10 days early) and 8lb 8 (2 weeks early) i'm guess that it probally right.

Its not the size thats worrying me, getting closer to c-section time means i have to meet the anethisist which is making me think about the surgery. I had the freakest dream the other day that they couldn't needle in again and i ended up paralysed. Scared the crap out of me and i woke up and couldn't get back to sleep for about 2 hours.

I am feeling slightly better but still have a bit of an upset stomach. I went shopping today for food and felt terrible after. My tummy was so sore i was almost going to go to hospital for a check up. Thankfully after we finished shopping and got home i laied down and the pain went away. Only 4 more weeks untill bubs is here. i'm so excited and scared at the same time i'm not sure what to do.

ah true, i forgot you don't have to squeesh baby through there lol! (i seriously have my mind in the gutter lately, today is especially bad)
i'm scared and excited too, it's a weird combination!
your dreams just show your fears in this case, don't forget that - easier said than done i know!

i'm having a crap day, seriously!
my cold got worse, so after a hot shower etc not working i went back to bed once OH got up.
had a big cup of milk and honey and slept a few hours... still not feeling better.
my nose is clogged, and breathing through my mouth is a nightmare bc my troat is so sore from coughing.
and i've lost another bit of plug it seems, hooray for that!
don't feel much else though

now have the laptop in bed, but no mouse, so navigating sites is a nightmare lol, i have no laptop skills at all haha, oh well...

in a few hours i'm using nose drops anyway, that should make me feel better a bit,
if it starts labour (but probably not lol), so be it, i'm ready for it!

happy 44 weeks Jamie!!!
happy 38 weeks Sam and myself!!!

yepyep, another one in the 2 weeks overdue on the 2 weeks overdue crew! :D

i feel a liiiittle better but i'll spend most of my day in bed again i'm afraid.
i do have contractions, but they're so not painful i'm not bothered yet to sit and time them lol.
so it's wait and see...
in the mean time i'll take hot showers and blow my nose for the zillionth time, fun!

Congratulations Cesca! Know what you mean about this is how it was all supposed to pan out.

Wow Erin, Eden is growing fast, what great weight gain!

Shameless pic of my gorgeous boy having just been playing in his paddling pool with daddy on his 5 month birthday :cloud9:

https://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m602/tulip1uk/Dillon%205%20months/75c92d01.jpg

Awww he looks so big now

yay it's back!

and i just got back from gyn apointment!
he gives me one more week!
cervix is shortened to 1cm and i'm 2cm dilated atm

he said "if i had nails i could break your waters right now" LOL, how 'bout not? hahaha

Getting so close. I am so super excited to see your princess!!!!

I have a question for you ladies...
I am wondering how to word or go about congratulating my DHs cousin...

She is pregnant with her 3rd child. Over Easter she was excited because she was about to have her 20w U/S and find out the sex. During that test, they discovered baby had no nose bone, which is a soft marker for Down Syndrome. They opted for an amnio and the test was pretty certain that the baby does have DS. This was relayed to me through my MIL...The cousin and I are not super close, but I want to congratulate her. I know she is very upset by this, but I think it's more hurtful if people do not celebrate the blessings of this little girl. If the test was normal, people would be gushing, posting on FB. Instead no one is saying anything, and I think that is insulting.
What I don't know is how to word it. I started out by saying congrats on another girl (She has 2 at home, her sister has 2, and I have 4) and that we girls are taking over tge family :) I also stated that I know she had some stressful test results and we are praying for them all. Then I stated that Abby was excited to have a girl cousin her age to play with soon.
Not sure if that is good at that, or if there is something else comforting I can say. I don't want to avoid the test results altogether either, that looks like either I didn't find out about them, or it's an elephant in the room.

Thoughts?

I think you phrased it perfectly. I am sure she has a long but rewarding road ahead xx

Hello! Can u update my detail on the front page please. Baby is breech so I've now got a scheduled c-section on 10 May :) xxx

Wow your pg has gone quickly x

Soemone's majorly nesting LOL

AFM i saw the ob yesturday and she thinks LO is already about 3kg, or nearly 6lb, and i still have 4 more weeks. I've had my youngest sick the last few night and now i've caught what ever he had, i was up all night sick :nope: Fxed that the next few weeks go quickly caause i'm starting to stress about the surgery. I have tosee the anethisist soon and its freaking me out a fair bit. Oh well the things we do for babies

3kg is 6lb 10 so you could have a whopper lol

thanks, i try my best

little miss wasn't very active today... poking etc didn't help.
normally she wriggles when she hears daddy...no luck with that either
moved a veeery little bit when i put on some music and turned up the volume.
and also just a liiiitle bit a while ago, but nothing like i'm used to...
silence before the storm? dumdumduuuuum!!!

Glad she has picked up again.

less movement is normal just befor the birth xx

That is a common myth. It should always be checked out.

I have not been on in ages and ages. Little Miss keeps me super busy and spend a lot of time trying to exercise back into my clothes in the evenings.

Sophia is absoluely precious but is quite a miserable baby lol. She is still tiny - 6lb 10 last week at 11 weeks old!!

^^ yep, baby obviously had a sick day with me, listened to her hb with a stethoscope the day she was so quiet and i heard it beat away, she was also turned around a bit more than usual and i felt her movements less.
yesterday and today her moving is like before :)

i slept a little, but still feel tired (but everything seems to think "it's may, let's call to tell her!"... ok, the grandmothers to be called to see if i was still feeling so sick).
our cat seems to have a nose for labour, if i have contractions he feels it's his duty to be around me and guard me hahaha, cute thing!

Just thought id share a few pics of Jaiden now hes a bit bigger :haha:

Attachments

• tinker3.jpg
    tinker3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 4
  • tinker2.jpg
    tinker2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 3
  • tinker.jpg
    tinker.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2
aw Lianne, he's adorable! didn't know they could use that "chair" (lol, i forgot what they are called, but my mom has one haha) so early on already, he's managing that very well!

thanks ladies.

mine is a bebe pod, but there are the same as a bumbo :)

u can use them from 3months. hes not tht far off. his head control isnt perfect yet but hes gettin there, i sit with him the whole time, he also slouches and i have to prop him back up lol

Hope everyone is well. :flower:

I am a little late in announcing but baby Dominic Steven arrived at 7.41pm on Thursday 28th April weighing 7lb 10 oz.

I was having fairly strong contractions while we were shopping in Tesco at just before 5pm after a long walk but the hospital put me off going in when I rang and told me to have a bath/ paracetemol. In the end we arrived at the hospital just after 7pm when I was fully dilated (no wonder I was in agony !)and Dominic arrived shortly afterwards. I was hoping for a 2 hour discharge but ended up in theatre with an epidural to remove the retained placenta/ losing over 2.6 litres of blood so they gave me a transfusion and kept me in for a couple of days.

Home now and settling in with my gorgeous little boy - picture to follow shortly when I find out where DH has saved them all !

happy 38 weeks Clo!!!
happy 36 weeks xshell79!!!

congratulations Mojo!!!!!!!!!
wow that's alot of blood to lose. glad you're alright now
and i can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Congrats on the new babies and hope everyone else is doing well. Sorry been crazy busy with 4 kids, 2 dogs and hubby working out of state. He is only home 2 days a week right now.

Huge congratulations hun. Sorry you ended up with a transfusion.

I thought I would put a recent picture of my princess - this is last week
Bia boo.jpg

whiiii so cute!!!!

is there a Spring Mommies thread somewhere? i should investigate and catch up a bit there i think, otherwise i'll be so out of the loop once i've given birth hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->