PAL Spring 2011 babies - Welcome Mason, Iris, Lily, Isaac, Luca & Dominic !!!!

in case of cookies gone wrong we'll just put alot of frosting on them to hide that haha

doing well...been productive (have no other choice now do i)...
and it's not nesting if you clean something that is just dirty right?

Lol oh good :p.

I havnt a clue. I thought any cleaning was nesting :haha:

I have a question for you ladies...
I am wondering how to word or go about congratulating my DHs cousin...

She is pregnant with her 3rd child. Over Easter she was excited because she was about to have her 20w U/S and find out the sex. During that test, they discovered baby had no nose bone, which is a soft marker for Down Syndrome. They opted for an amnio and the test was pretty certain that the baby does have DS. This was relayed to me through my MIL...The cousin and I are not super close, but I want to congratulate her. I know she is very upset by this, but I think it's more hurtful if people do not celebrate the blessings of this little girl. If the test was normal, people would be gushing, posting on FB. Instead no one is saying anything, and I think that is insulting.
What I don't know is how to word it. I started out by saying congrats on another girl (She has 2 at home, her sister has 2, and I have 4) and that we girls are taking over tge family :) I also stated that I know she had some stressful test results and we are praying for them all. Then I stated that Abby was excited to have a girl cousin her age to play with soon.
Not sure if that is good at that, or if there is something else comforting I can say. I don't want to avoid the test results altogether either, that looks like either I didn't find out about them, or it's an elephant in the room.

Thoughts?

Lisa I think you've phrased it just right, hon :hugs:

Hello! Can u update my detail on the front page please. Baby is breech so I've now got a scheduled c-section on 10 May :) xxx

^^ okay, will do so in a minute :)
and omg that is close by hahaha

Lisa, i think you worded it perfectly! the DS diagnosis always weirds ppl out, but it is hard to imagine what kind of response she's expecting of course... i imagine she wants everyone to be happy with her girl, regardless of DS or not. don't avoid the topic, bc that is probably hurtful, so you're doing great writing what you did

happy 41 weeks Cheryl!!!
happy 40 weeks Kabie & Meow!!!
happy 35 weeks Mary !!!

i had contractions last night, the usuals i sleep through but also some harder ones, boo!
nothing regular...but of course all that made me dream about giving birth LOL!
i was all like "no no no, it's still april" but OH was very pleased hahahaha.
anyone else dreamt their child was ugly? seriously, in her 3D she looks cute, in my dream...not so much!

TB, she'll be beautiful i promise! :hugs:

Sounds good to me FD, she be glad that you're congratulating her whilst not ignoring the test results :hugs:

Hi ladies! xx

Oh wow TB, full-term and good to go! Look forward to hearing news of her arrival - good luck! xxx

so ehm...just a casual question.... how often do you girls wash off your washer and dryer?

and i'm now banned to my living room by my mom bc otherwise i keep finding little jobs that need to be done while she's mobbing etc

Tibs you are totally going into labour tonight :rofl:
And with your bone structure, she's going to be STUNNING! Xxx

thanks, i hope she is!
we already know she's gonna have quite the personality,
she needs good looks to compensate all the shenanigans she'll pull over the years hahahaha

nooo labour, i'm holding it up and keep my legs crossed no matter what :p

but yeah... i don't think it's gonna take much longer

Ooooh TB I think she's coming soon! I was nesting like a fool very early on, washing all the baby clothes, putting everything together, and even had my bag packed for the hospital and that was all done by 33 weeks. We got the car seat installed on Wednesday of my 34th week and I'll be darn if my water didn't break the very next day. Everyone said I was nesting and that I was going to have her early but I just thought I was being motivated!

Soemone's majorly nesting LOL

AFM i saw the ob yesturday and she thinks LO is already about 3kg, or nearly 6lb, and i still have 4 more weeks. I've had my youngest sick the last few night and now i've caught what ever he had, i was up all night sick :nope: Fxed that the next few weeks go quickly caause i'm starting to stress about the surgery. I have tosee the anethisist soon and its freaking me out a fair bit. Oh well the things we do for babies

weight estimates can be off, don't forget that, and in 4 weeks LO might add just another kg... or not, wouldn't worry too much, it has to come out anyway hehe

booo for being sick, i got a horrible cough from somewhere, it's better today than yesterday, so progress, but still...bad timing!
hope you feel better soon!!!

oh and ehm... BOO i'm still here :p

happy 44 weeks Eve!!!
happy 41 weeks Mojo!!!
happy 38 weeks Lucy!!!

i suppose Eve will have given birth by now lol, if anyone knows anything...scream

wow 44 weeks :rofl:

thats would make her 2 weeks overdue being 2 week overdue :haha:

does tht even make any sense?

thanks, i try my best

little miss wasn't very active today... poking etc didn't help.
normally she wriggles when she hears daddy...no luck with that either
moved a veeery little bit when i put on some music and turned up the volume.
and also just a liiiitle bit a while ago, but nothing like i'm used to...
silence before the storm? dumdumduuuuum!!!

She's probably running out of room to move in there! She wants out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->