PAL Spring 2011 babies - Welcome Mason, Iris, Lily, Isaac, Luca & Dominic !!!!

Just keep reminding your self that, it is only for a few more weeks and then 2nd tri is usually much better energy wise. Is there any chance you might be anaemic too?

i dont know mayb i shoul get my iron checked i have got a dr appoint. 23rd july. i dunno if i can last tht long!

Welcome Vickie, I did wanna tell you about this thread but didnt wanna push you into anything.

Massive :hugs: on the due date sweetie, Kaysie Blossom's due date was the 14th May 2008 which was a year from when Honey grew her wings so I realise the complicated emotions that brings.

Just over a week until your scan, I hope it flies by :hugs:

I will add you now :kiss:

Thanks. I keep thinking that there is a reason I have my due date on that day. So that I won't feel so desperate and empty when the anniversary comes round.

Kaysie arrived before that date I guess? They will induce me at 38 weeks if I don't have it before then (last were 34 and 35 weeks). That's assuming I even get to keep this bubba.

Lianne I would make an appointment before then, there is no need to suffer if that is what is going on.

Vickie that is what I told myself, I liked to think of her as a gift from Honey. She was born on the 12th May, I have never gone that far before and wont go that far this time if I keep this bean, probably 37/38 weeks.

thanks tasha im going to ring on monday to get an earlier appointment xxx

:thumbup: hope they can fit you in real soon.

Tash - do they know any reason for your losses? We never found out what killed Isabella although a blood clot in the placenta was suspected. I am on aspirin throughout this pregnancy.

Honey grew her wings because of medical negligence, my waters broke and stayed broken eight weeks before she was born. She should of been delivered but they didnt, and so not only did her lungs and kidneys not grow from when my waters broke but it compromised the placenta which didnt grow, it was 50% too small, 50% blood clots and a 10% abruption. When I got pregnant with Kaysie the new hospital also found a clotting disorder, so I had baby aspirin through out and also clexane (blood thinning injection).

Now with my miscarriages, they say partly my clotting disorder but also there is something wrong with my cervix which is why I will have a stitch.

Where you tested for clotting disorders?

Morning girls how are you all? Today I have a gut feeling it is all over.

Tasha- There seems to be a hell of a lot of "gut feelings" on march mummies at the moment, me included and we cnt all be right can we? ;-)
I think fear is overtaking any other emotion at the moment. We are reaching fever pitch with waiting for blood and scan results. It is a traumatic time and our defense mechanism has kicked in and that is why we are sooo convinced something will happen.
Our brains wont allow us to be happy yet, intill we see proof that all is fine after our heartache in the past. I pray this wk brings reassurance to us all xxx

I think you are right AQ, a protection thing which is completely normal. I pray so too. How are you doing?

I am doing ok "ish" lol.
Right now i am feeling more positive but my emotions change by the hr... i hope tomorrow's hcg results are high enough to stop me worrying about another ectopic.
The worry is actually making me feel exhausted now and cnt be good for our beanie if all is as it should be, so im trying to stay as positive as i can and see what the bloods come back at for now. Taking one day at a time seems the only way to cope. I cnt look too far into the future at the moment. I am just thankful i have had no bleeding or bad pains for now. We will get through this Tasha and god willing, so will our beans ;-) xxx

am i right in thinking that once ur hcg gets to a certain number the % of miscarriage goes dwn? i think i read it sumwhere but cant be certain? does any of u know? if this is true whats the hcg number? x

Hi lianne found this and though it might help

Key things to remember about hCG levels:

* In a bout 85% of normal pregnancies, the hCG level will double every 48 - 72 hours. As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
* Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 - 6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.
* An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.
* The hCG hormone is measured in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).
* A transvaginal ultrasound should be able to show at least a gestational sac once the hCG levels have reached between 1,000 - 2,000mIU/ml. Because levels can differentiate so much and conception dating can be wrong, a diagnosis should not be made by ultrasound findings until the hCG level has reached at least 2,000.
* A single hCG reading is not enough information for most diagnoses. When there is a question regarding the health of the pregnancy, multiple testings of hCG done a couple of days apart give a more accurate assessment of the situation.
* The hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy since these numbers can vary so widely.
* There are two common types of hCG tests. A qualitative hCG test detects if hCG is present in the blood. A quantitative hCG test (or beta hCG) measures the amount of hCG actually present in the blood.

Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

* 3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
* 4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
* 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
* 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
* 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
* 9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml

What can a low hCG level mean?

A low hCG level can mean any number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to see how the level is changing. A low hCG level could indicate:

* Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
* Possible miscarriage or blighted ovum
* Ectopic pregnancy

What can a high hCG level mean?

A high level of hCG can also mean a number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to evaluate changes in the level. A high hCG level can indicate:

* Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
* Molar pregnancy
* Multiple pregnancy

If oyu Pm me I will send you the web address.

so by tht last monday i must of been at least 5 weeks? my hcg was well over 8,000.
soi could be 6 weeks 2moro. gosh im so confused. its really doin my head in. i have been havin syptoms for almost 3 weeks now :shrug:

Lol with your levels that high and the symptoms for that long you must be further along than you thought when was the start of your last cycle and was it a proper AF or just spotty?

i havent had AF for 2years, i had the implant in, and didnt have af whilst it was in, i had implant out 13 weeks ago and didnt have af after i fell pregnant before af arrived. thts y i havent a clue how far along i am lol

Oh wow, I heard it took ages to get pregnant after having one of those! You should ru a book on how far along you are! Put me down for 5 matchsticks for 6+4 today.

Oh wow, I heard it took ages to get pregnant after having one of those! You should ru a book on how far along you are! Put me down for 5 matchsticks for 6+4 today.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i dont think i can wait to see the gp on the 23rd july, im gonna rebook 2moro and see what they can do. mayb im havin twins lol it runs in my family, im a twin too (my twin brother died at 4months old tho due to cot death, but im still a twin)

Oh wow that would be exciting. DO give them a ring expecially if you think it might be multiple

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->