PAL Winter 2010/2011 Mummies Group

I dnt use any aids in the pool. But u can get inflatabe seats for babies?

Aww dinky.cameron. hope the rusk helps, youve done it.with hv guidance so no one.should. lectur u babe. I certainly wouldnt

i seen a pic wi someone with a baby seat, thats why i asked lol i think the rusks are helping. he has banana rusks, original rusks and baby rice lol that plus 7oz of hungry baby milk lol its quite exciting lol yeah i dnt think anyone would but i googled it and came across a couple of forums and the women were getting attacked for it. i didnt think it was very fair. how are you anyway? xxx

Hi you can use baby seats but i find chloe prefers to be in your arms. it also allows you to tip them onto their back (you should get them used to this in the pool as well as bath otherwise they wont do it as they get older). But if you feel more secure you can use a baby seat, but i find chloe flops to the side.
Im sure non of us will judge you for putting him on rusk and baby rice hunny, chloe has started weaning. She was crying constantly in hunger and waking 6 times a night much more settled on solids too. As you said you did it with HV support x
Aww yes chloe loves rusk, another good alternative to baby rice is baby porridge like the cow and gate one and is again gluten free ect, just adds more flavors into diet as they do fruity ones x

Hey ladies, hope you're all well.

Great to see Wish here and what a gorgeous avatar, I bet he's so cuddly! I have to say I love Florence just in her nappy - like dressing her up but nothing like soft baby skin!

Go Chloe with the tooth! Hope she doesn't learn to bite Philippa!

Sounds like its the best thing for Cameron Kirstie - you'll ever get lecture in here hun!

I hear you on the cluster feeding h, its not easy!

Well I had my 6-week check today. Had my usual whitecoat syndrome and have to home monitor by BP again (didn't have to do that when I was on BP medication late in pregnancy...). Apart from that all well. Quick question - I've opted to go back on the minipill. Was on it years ago with no problem then was using the calender method before getting pregnant with my angel baby. GP recommended it if we were planning for another baby in the next few years (would have recommended the coil if we were waiting longer). What are you ladies doing about contraception? DH is saying he would prefer I wasn't using anything hormonal but its the easiest thing and safe if breastfeeding.

Florence gets weighed tomorrow - looking foward to seeing how my chubby girlie is getting on. Here's a more recent pic (need to get some more off the camera):

Attachments

• FAB5.jpg
    FAB5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1
lovedly pic hun glad all is well at appointment. im also on the mini pill hun, but it may be messing up my cycles really badly as i as bleeding for 3weeks at a time stopping for a few days and bleeding again, could be that or something else we are not yet sure.

Jo, I just saw the ticker for Finley. :hugs: thank you very much, that really touched me xx

Well done Chloe and her toothy peg!!

:hugs: Heather - I know it's hard but if you're sure then stay firm

Lovely pic Lou - for me we're going to stick to condoms - with my pcos I don't want anything hormonal ifkwim. Looking forward to hearing about Chloe's new weight!!

Kirstie - don't see why anyone would judge you - needs be and he is over 3 months - some people wean at this point so you're def doing the right thing for your little boy :flower:

AFM - after a good night and day Ollie has been restless this evening - he's overtired now but won't go to sleep for all the rocking and pacing in the world - hopefully he will chill out be the time we go to bed - it's tough with OH being up early for work!!

hx

i got a prescription for the implant but im not sure. i dnt want to wait three years to try again esp after how long it took to get my forever baby. i will prob get pill again.
ill prob just take him without seat then. he loves playing in the big bath so am hoping it will go well lol taking him soon :happydance:

triple b- that is such a cute pic!! awwwww xx

Evening all! Kirstie tell me more about Cam's feeding habits before HV agreed to wean! I've currently got D on a mix of stage 1 and hungry baby in a 7oz bottle every 3 hrs or so including nights - need to up the hungry ratio but scared of going 100% as it gave him terrible constipation when I tried a straight switch...

yeah no probs. Cam was on 7lbs of hungry milk every 2 and a half hours. he was draining it and still looking for more. if i gave him more he would be sick coz his tummy was physically too small. yet he only put on 6oz on in 3 weeks. i knida just told her i was gonna do it and she said ok lol he is only having a couple of tiny mouthfuls a day but even that is settling him more. he still gets his normal milk 2. try some cooled boiled water to help with the constipation. think cam has also started teething too i think lol xxx

No-one on here would judge you for doing the best thing for your baby Kirstie :hugs:
Lou Florence is a little stunner! As for the contraception thing, I'm not using anything hormonal (and hubby doesn't want me to either) with me having had an ectopic pregnancy I don't want to risk my other tube by messing with my body. We're using condoms at the moment (I know, not everyone's cup of tea) we get on with them fine though.
Go Chloe with the tooth, great news!

Okay.. finally made sure I had some spare time to write this!

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/538484-birth-story-liam.html

Liam's birth story is up!

yeah no probs. Cam was on 7lbs of hungry milk every 2 and a half hours. he was draining it and still looking for more. if i gave him more he would be sick coz his tummy was physically too small. yet he only put on 6oz on in 3 weeks. i knida just told her i was gonna do it and she said ok lol he is only having a couple of tiny mouthfuls a day but even that is settling him more. he still gets his normal milk 2. try some cooled boiled water to help with the constipation. think cam has also started teething too i think lol xxx

This is exactly how chloe was yes i know she was on nreast milk but a bit different she would feed and feed, come of crying in hungrer so i would give her more but then she would come off and be sick because her tummy was over full. I give her porriage baby rice or fruit and its worked wonder just having a little bit of substance at the bottom of her belly means she takes correct amount of milk not too much or too little.

Hope cams teeth dont cause him too many probs

Evening all! Kirstie tell me more about Cam's feeding habits before HV agreed to wean! I've currently got D on a mix of stage 1 and hungry baby in a 7oz bottle every 3 hrs or so including nights - need to up the hungry ratio but scared of going 100% as it gave him terrible constipation when I tried a straight switch...

gosh hun def sounds one hungry baby taking that much hungry baby formula bless him x

one tooth for chloe at 4 months isnt enought 2nd bottom one has broken through over night 1 night after 1st. i only realised as felt it when rubbing teething gel on her gums so looked in after feeling something and there her 2nd one was.

Afternoon girls, one hormonal woman here, baby blues today I think, Ollie is so unsettled at the moment, sleeping and eating erratically and very hard to get down and when he does go down it seems he is so uncomfortable, squirming and grunting - im still 100% sure he got Silent Reflux, the chamomille granules really help but as they are homeopathic I dont want to use them all day every day !!

And fell out with MIL so not happy there either as I treat her better than her own bloody kids !

Im so tired think I only slept an hour last night - couldnt get back off after Ollie went back to sleep and then when I did he woke up again and then Noel went to work at 6am so he was up at 5am although he was quiet I still wake up, Ollie woke at 6am and didnt go back to sleep until 10.45 - he was exhausted, he has waken for 2oz of feed since but is now in land of zzzzz.

Noels off for a couple of days now and the weekend so should catch up and be back to my cheerful self soon, thanks for listening to me moaning xx

:hugs: Jo - Get well soon Maddox

:hugs: Heather - hope you're feeling better soon

hx

Bless Chloe, she certainly doesn't do things by halves does she :haha:
:hugs: fluffy, I know how difficult those early weeks are (don't get me wrong, I know this parenting lark is never going to be easy) but I did find the first 6 or so quite difficult. For me it has certainly got easier :flower: It seemed to coincide with him starting to properly smile :shrug: Things just sort of slotted into place more if you get me? I hope you manage to catch up on some much needed sleep at the weekend.
Jo so sorry to hear about Maddox, poor little guy :( I hope he's on the mend really soon.

Archie had his second lot of jabs today :( God I hate them. Its the only time he cries real tears! So upsetting. I'm back at work tomorrow, wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->