PAL Winter 2010/2011 Mummies Group

omgosh! She is in my thoughts! I hope she is okay. That is very nice that they gave her privacy to nurse Chloe.

o dear!! hope everything is ok!!! will keep her in my thoughts xxx

she had a scan at 1:45, and her appendix looked swollen, so shes having a laperoscopy at some point today to have a more in depth look.

the let her have something to eat yest evening but was nil by mouth again frm midnight,

she doesnt have an apt time for her surgery so cross your fingers its soon for her

hillipa has had her appendix taken out and pain management depending will go home tonight or tomorrow

Thanks for updating Jo. I am home now, been given many painkillers and anti inflamitaires including tramadol (which is morphine based) they dont normally send people home with this but in alot of pain.
My care on ward was rubbish. when i 1st went it they told me it was gynalogical, as alot of you know im under gynocology for other issues so knew it wasnt this. They promised me a scan 1st thing thursday morning didnt get it until 1:45, i didnt get my op untl about 4m on the friday. all this time from wed until my op i was in awful pain as not even morphine was getting rid of it.

I also refused my 3rd dose of morphine before my op as didnt see they point of taking soekthing that wasnt working and they gave it me anyway. along with lots of other problems.

Im just glad to be home now, and just want to rest up and heal.

Sending you some bg hugs

Cant believe some of our Babies are 6months old!!!

Sending you all :hugs:

:hugs: to you phillippa! That sounds aweful :(

Hello to everyone else! Liam and I are off to baby massage today! :)

xx

Hope you enjoy yourself wish, chloe loves baby massage i just cant do it with her atm.
My sister has take chloe out for a few hours to give me some time to sleep and dh time to tidy up a bit

Glad you are getting some help hun :hugs: how awful for you :(
How is everyone? Lou? Hb? *Heeelllllooooooo* :D
Proud mummy moment alert...A has learnt to roll and is doing it ALL THE TIME :cloud9:

Hey ladies - long time no post for me! How are you all doing?

Great news on Archie rolling Kimmy - Florence can get onto her side and then gets stuck!

Sorry to read you've been poorly Philippa, hope you're on the mend. Not easy with a little one I'll bet.

Don't you all think its nuts how quickly our babies are growing up? I saw a friend with a 6-week old the other day and couldn't believe how small he was! I have to say I am enjoying the interaction you get with a slightly older baby though.

My poor girl has come out in chickenpox today. She only has about half a dozen spots and they have already started to scab over but its not nice. She had been grumpy for a few days and the first spot appeared yesterday so it makes sense. I'm surprised because its pretty young to have it and she's BF which is supposed to improve immunity but the doctor said she's likely to have it mild and may even get it again - boo. Have been giving her calpol (takes it right off the spoon!) and going to pop out and get some calamine later. Doctor has prescribed Piriton but have been reading online its only suitable for babies from 12 months - do I trust the doctor?! Apart from feeding more and napping more (hence some time for me to come on here for a change rather than stalk from iPod!) she seems ok - just got to stop the scratching as I want to avoid scars.

AFM, I am still waiting the result of my post-natal GTT 2 weeks on! Hopeless NHS, hopefully no news is good news!

Have a good long weekend everyone (in the UK).

xxx

aww bless her to have chicken pox so young

cant wait for the long weekend :) big party tomoro then chill saturday and sunday and a trip to ikea to scope out ideas for a house renovation project, we want to buy a cheap house in need of a cosmetic overhaul and we like the ikea way of how they lay out rooms etc so im gonna go with a notepad and get ideas - then in the afternoon the garrison pool is re-opening for summertime so were going to the party with lil man and gonna try him swimming again, its been about 8weeks since we last swam

Sounds fab Jo. Are you back in the UK now or do they have IKEA in Cyprus?! xxx

Hi all! :hi: Louise - missed you! D also gets stuck on his side so resorts to spinning on his back if he wants to see something behind him :haha: Well done Archie! Do we get a pic of the haircut?!

D has slept 8 til 5:15 for 2 nights running now! Can't believe after we had such a difficult first 4 months he's stretching it out all by himself and rapidly too - he only started getting to 3am last week :) I feel almost human! We've also started relaxed BLW and he's loving it, wanting to try everything I have. It has made a sudden, massive difference to his fine motor skills too. I love it! Can't wait til he's 6 months and can eat pretty much anything.

He's been asleep in his pram for 2.5 hours so far while my friend visited so I really should be doing something productive instead of bnb! Need to pack for another weekend away. My extended maternal family are getting together for a weekend away, it's going to be amazing, 25 of us in converted stables and massive party barns for the whole weekend :dance:

Great sleeping D! Isn't it weird when you suddenly start getting sleep after so long!

I need to take a leaf out of your book Nic and stay out of the BF forum. Getting myself worked up about the textbook breastfeeders preaching to those struggling i.e. normal! Too much time on my hands today with my sleepy chickenpoxy baby!

xxx

Go d on the sleeping x x
Theres an ikea here in cyprus :)

My bloody laptop has ballsed up agin! I dont know how i do it! Lol. So glad i got the take taken recently developed as its the hard drive thats gone. We back up the external drive wirh pics every 2.weeks so i know 90% of the pics r safe

Yep stay away Lou, some people can't see how smug they sound xx

Sorry to read you've been poorly Philippa, hope you're on the mend. Not easy with a little one I'll bet.
. Doctor has prescribed Piriton but have been reading online its only suitable for babies from 12 months - do I trust the doctor?!

Yes Chloe has an allergic reaction to antibiotics and she got given piriton, and the doc said it does say from 12 months old. but it is often given to babyes younger who have bad rashes and really really need it.

I agree i hardly ever go on the BF forum as there is alot of people on there who make you feel awful. I felt awful as i had to give chloe an extra solid fed and baby juice while in hospital as milk wasnt very good quality due to not eating.
Im feeling much better the last day or 2 and we managed to get to the zoo yesterday. I rented a wheelchair from them and i was able to walk a bit and my Dh pushed me a bit, as my mum was with us to push chloe in her buggy.

:hi: girls, god I am so crap lately! I often stalk but rarely have the time to post anymore.
Lou I hope your little girl is ok, poor little mite!
The big haircut is Tuesday (he only had it trimmed round his ears last time) will be sure to post a before and after pic :D x

Kimmy little mans had a hair cut already? how cute.
And chloe's cut her 6th tooth (3rd top one yesterday) i really cant beleive it she isnt even 7months olld and has 6teeth i really miss her little gummy smile.

Shes trying to crawl now which is reallly cute she cant quite do it but she does manage to drag herself along the floor with her knees in crawling position but arms flat, i dont think it willl be long until she does it properly.

Also i did my student finace for univesity today, relaly cant beleive i start university on september 15th. im really excited but not looking forward to leaving chloe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->