PAL Winter 2010/2011 Mummies Group

No i just used calgel (basically like bonjella) and only need to use it once or twice on the days when her teeth are really bad as it works really well for her. Only use it very rarely though as she hasnt been too bad with her teeth

OMG I popped Ollie on his back on his play matt/gym and looked up at oh getting in the car to go to work, looked back down and Ollie was on his front!!

Yay Ollie!!

Well girls.. I must say I'm feeling a little down. It's been really hard after DH went back :cry: I feel like I am failing Liam sometimes. Like I don't interact with him as much as I should, or talk to him more, or turn off the tv. I have it on for background noise.. but I see him looking at it sometimes and I get so upset at myself. I haven't been able to keep up with the house either.. Sigh. It's sooo hard not having any help.

And issues with his poo have had me feeling horrible. He has been having green mucusy poo for a few weeks now and recently it had blood in it. Doc thinks it's an intollerence to something in my diet, so have had to cut out milk, nuts and wheat from my diet and we will introduce each one slowly to see what it is. Sad thing is.. that diet is IMPOSSIBLE! I'm starving! I feel bad, I ate a bowl of cereal today :blush: and forgot. But his poo is still green? :shrug: What do you ladies think?

Kim I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you with no-one to help you :hugs: Just know that you're doing a fantastic job and you're NOT failing Liam in the slightest! You're doing the work of mummy and daddy whilst Brent's away! Now, don't feel bad about the TV thing (I'll let you in on a little secret...I put on BabyTV for 20 minutes in a morning for Archie - he watches it whilst I put a load of washing in and clean his bottles!) IMO it is fine now and again. I don't know about you but I find myself wracking my brains for things to entertain him! It does get easier as they get a little older though. We now read books, go for a walk, play with toys, jumperoo time, play gym time, tummy time. Are there any groups near you? We go to Bumps and Babies (pre-walkers and preggos only) and it is really nice to chat to the other mums whilst the babies interact.
I know sometimes I just can't be bothered to leave the house but I always feel better once I have :flower:
Sorry I can't advise on the poop, Archie's poo is always green because he's on Comfort milk.
:hugs: Kim, you're doing fantastically! And don't forget we're all here for you when you need us x

Thank you so much Kimmy :hugs: It feels really nice to know I have support here. I do have a local group I could go to. It's a lunch and latch for breastfeeding mothers on tuesdays I think. I might look into going starting next week. I can't wait to have more things to entertain Liam! you are right! I have a hard time with finding things! lol. xxx

:hugs: wish and your not failing liam, the reason he looks at the telly will be the colours and sounds it actually is good for them every now and again, why not put a bit of childrens telly on in the back ground so you dont feel as bad about hum watching it?

And def dont worry about the house sometimes mine isnt perfect an i have my dh around hun.
And i have no idea about the poo hope it sorts its self out. Only thing i can think of is maybe try some water in his diet if you can get him to take it.

Im really happy i've managed to convince DH to go to cloth nappies ive wanted to for ages but he didnt believe that they would save money, but since chloe's been weaning shes been using 3X the amount of nappies as before so he agreed :yipee:

Thanks Phillippa :). I think you're right. I'll put the tv on PBS and see how that goes.

YAY for cloth nappies!!

xx

Sorry girls I had lost my subscription to the thread! :dohh:

Yay for cloth Phillippa! We love it! I see you've got Kim thinking about it too ;) Kim, you're doing a grand job poppet - as Kimmy says, the job of two people. Wonder if his poo could be down to lactose overload? Has his latch changed at all? It happened to D and he wasn't getting enough fatty hindmilk. Try feeding from the same boob twice in a row and see if it makes any diff xxx

Thanks Nic! Haha, she sure does! I'm looking into the options now :)

Liam's latch is interesting. He lets go a lot and doesn't feed for too long. I will try that with the same boob. Thanks for the tip! xx

DO you mean i got kimmy thinking about cloth or are you talikng about something else.

And yyes im so excited i wanted to do it before she was born and finally he agreed. i orded my 1st 4today :yipee:
I never knew that could happen with the milk tulip they say you learn somethign new every day

^^ Wish2bmama and me are both called Kim IRL, it gets a little confusing :haha:

oh ok, did i get wish thinking about cloth nappies then?

Hehe, it does get confusing. And yep! I am looking into the cloth now. Your excitement got to me! :)

Yeah if he doesn't fed for long he's getting only foremilk which is high in lactose. Defo try offering the same boob twice xx

Phillippa what nappies have you ordered? I'm excited too!! zx

Hey ladies. On holiday at the moment but been stalking to keep up with the news.

My friend uses bum-genius and raves about them, I haven't quite got there yet - too lazy to do the research and worried about the extra washing when I go back to work...

Defo sounds like a hindmilk issue wish. You could try expressing off some of the foremilk although I like Nic's suggestion better.

Florence has been a treat on holiday, sleeping 7 - 10 hours a night before a feed. Been trying to get her down earlier too, around 9, which worked well for 2 nights but then last night we attempted dinner at the pub. Bad move. High levels of stress with crying baby and routine shot to sh*t. Time to accept pubs are for lunchtime these days! In-laws and are joining us for a few days tomorrow, will be nice to have some extra hands!

xxx

VERY pleased she's sleeping so well Lou, hope she can keep it up when you get home :D

Cloth is literally 2 extra washloads a week for me, no biggie. I have BGs too, though I love the feel of bamboo fitteds and am building up a stash of those as well :blush: Need more pretty wraps for them!

Mainly birth to potty pocket nappies. Naughty baby few ebay cheapies and some i cant remember name of. Didnt know you cloth bummed tulip. And i wash 1wash a day will put them in with them

Oh thats a good amount of sleep triple! :) Yea, I don't go out at night anymore either. Liam's bath time is at 730. Any later and I have baaaad night.

Still looking into the cloth diapers. I don't have a washer and dryer in my apt unit.. and it costs $2.25 to wash one load at the laundry facilities. So I'm weighing the costs at the mo. I'd still like to do it at some point. Better for the earth.

I think you are right about Liam's poo Nic. I did some research on overactive let down and that sounds like everything I am having issues with. I feed him for 2 feeds on one side and will keep doing that and see what happens. Poor thing had a VERY painful poo last night. He was crying so hard he hyperventallated. :cry:

Aww hope the poo problems sort themselves out wish. If you have to do washes quite often and you can put the nappies in there along with the washing if there is space then no reason not to. Im mainly trying a few cheapies and preloved to start with and will build stach from there.

Glad Florence has been so good on holiday. It gets easier to go out at nights a few months ago we stopped going out at night, now chloe on solids she is fine to go out for a meal at night as long as not stupidly late. Her bath time is normlly betweeen 7.30 and 7.45 but if we go out for a meal one night and she doesnt get a bath she normally still goes to bed pretty well and still normally sleeps through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->