PAL Winter Babies 2010/11 - ** Waiting impatiently for our remaining babies! **

Yay to all the new mummies

heres the link to the mummy thread,

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenti...r-2010-2011-mummies-group-19.html#post9109885

Oh bollocks!! Sorry hon! Will sort asap xx

All sorted Vick! :kiss:

OMG girls can you believe Micah is SEVEN MONTHS OLD today?!

All sorted Vick! :kiss:

OMG girls can you believe Micah is SEVEN MONTHS OLD today?!

gosh no way he will be 1year before we know it, can you imagin the 1st baby from this thread being 1 :wacko:

Beautiful name Vickie - congratulations!!! hx

Thought I would do my birth story and put up a few pics if anyone wants to read through

I was due for induction on the 8th but that morning they came round and told me that SCBU had three admissions overnight and were now shut. Any new babies were being shipped out to other hospitals so they weren't prepared to start induction incase she needed a cot.

Obviously after hyping myself up this was really disappointing especially not knowing if it could be another week or only a day.

The next morning they said it was still closed but it was possible they would reopen after lunch. I had myself convinced that it wouldnt happen so was really excited when I was told over lunch they were going ahead.

I got told I was clearly being shown favouratism since my consultant came to do the induction personally and put her private mobile on my notes for any queries.

On examination I was given a bishop score of 5/10 which is pretty favourable - surprising at 35 weeks. They gave me the first prostin gel at 1pm which only gave me a few niggles.

At 7:30 they came to do the second one and did a sweep at the same time and said that with this second gel they should be able to break my waters in the morning as long as a consultant did it as it would probably be tricky.

I started getting contractions pretty quickly after that every 5 minutes but breathable through. They then increased to every two minutes but far more painful so they gave me pethadine to help me sleep. It was semi effective and I got some sleep as they wore off later on. The midwife said they were just prostin pains though as they weren't showing on the monitor.

At 8:30 they came to check me to see if I needed another gel but said I was 2cm so they could break my waters and I was transferred to labour ward.

Because it was going to be a tricky one to do they decided to put an epidural up before breaking them but we had to wait until 11:30 to get it because they were busy in theatre.

The epidural is supposed to take 20 minutes. I explained to them that I have always had problems with it and have to have it resited several times so they said they would make sure that it was in right for sure.

In the end they went in four times before the consultant anaesthetist took over. Apparantly I have a strange back with spaces that look good but actually are not effective for an epidural. The actual epidural space was so deep that the needle wouldn't have reached any further so if it was 1mm further I wouldn't be able to have one. Anyway enough rambling - it took 1.5 hrs rather than 20 minutes but was finally in and at 1pm they broke my waters - was still 2cm as nothing was happening all contractions had stopped.

At 2pm they did shift change and I requested to have the midwife who delivered Matthew as I'd heard she was on shift - I was so thrilled that I got her as she is perfect.

Nothing happened after waters were broken so at 3pm they put the drip up and said it'd take a couple of hours to start working because being prem they had to start it low.

At 4:40 the contractions started every 3-4 minutes. At 6 I asked when they were plannning on checking me and she said four hours after the contractoins had started so at 8:40pm. I said based on how quickly Maff was delivered that might be too late and she agreed that I was probably right so we agreed to 7pm.

At 7pm she checked me and said I was 3-4 cm but the cervix was far back behind the babies head so she pulled it forward a bit. At 7:45 I said to her that I had a terrible pressure and remembering how fast she had delivered Maff she checked me. She could feel the babies head only a few cm's in and went to get the paediatrician and the sister (you need them there for early deliveries). A few tiny pushes later she was delivered at 8:01pm and came out screaming. The paediatrician said it was the most "Controlled delivery" she had ever seen and how impressed she was but would bow out now since baby clearly didn't need her lol.

We then had a natural third stage to deliver the placenta. It was all really lovely and my official labour (up to the delivery of the placenta) was 1hr 18 minutes.

It was amazing and I feel really sad that I will never get to deliver another baby again. Sophia Isabella weighed in at 5lb 4.5oz which is exactly the same as Jessica (they said 5lb 5.5oz but then realised they converted it wrong). She is the spitting image of Jessica (even having a hernia on her belly the same as Jess).

After only a few days in hospital we are home with her now. They are fretting slightly as she had already lost 8% on day 3 and gone down to 4lb 14oz so we'll see what her weight is like when the midwife visits for day 5 weigh in tomorrow.

I can't believe after everything that has happened in the last year with both of the miscarriages and such a difficult pregnancy that she is finally here and so totally perfect.

Here we are 5 minutes after delivery.

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...afterbirth.jpg

Precious girl

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...my/sophia1.jpg

Smiling

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...my/smiling.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members