Panicking! Fiancee mauled by grizzly bear!

Angel_blues

Reaction score
I am a mess my fiancee was mauled by a bear at 19:30 it's now 3 and I was forced to leave his side. Can sleep, eat, and now I'm cramping.

He is not disfigured, he's not missing any limbs big or small but he does need reconstructive surgery on his hands and possibly some skin grafts. I need to be by his side I feel so guilty leaving when he needs me the most but the forced me to leave! Can't stop crying.

I am so sorry, this sounds horrific! The good thing there's no danger to his life and I'm sure he is very well looked after!

You do need to be selfish right now because you are looking after your baby and I'm sure your DH wouldn't think twice if he had to tell you who to look after - him or baby!
Stress is not great in pregnancy because when we are stressed our muscle tone is higher and the womb is a none other than a muscle. So please try your best to relax but I would also try and see mw/Dr if you can to see if they can prescribe you safe calming pills.

I think it's more the shock of what happened that's affecting you but please concentrate on the important fact that DH is not in danger and will be totally fine!!!!

oh my word!!! hope your husband will be ok , and PP summed it up exactly. take care x

How frightening. I hope he has a super quick recovery.

I'm so sorry! Please take care of yourself! Although that's a horrific experience, it Sounds like his injuries are not life threatening. Please take care of ur baby, Im sure DH us getting the best round the clock care at the hospital. Try not to freak out and remain as calm as can be for baby, DH will pull though and you will be able to comfort him soon. Ur in my thoughts and prayers!

I'm sorry to hear this but glad it's not life threatening and that he'll be ok. I hope the recovery isn't too hard. Try and keep calm hun, they'll be looking after him. Take care x

I'm so sorry hun. I saw this and knew you had to be in Canada somewhere, I am in Northern Alberta.

You need to keep calm for the sake of the baby. This is all out of your hands and you are doing everything you can. Remember to eat, drink, and sleep. Traumatic events can be dangerous to new pregnancies, unfortunately I speak from experience.

I'm so sorry hun. I saw this and knew you had to be in Canada somewhere, I am in Northern Alberta.

You need to keep calm for the sake of the baby. This is all out of your hands and you are doing everything you can. Remember to eat, drink, and sleep. Traumatic events can be dangerous to new pregnancies, unfortunately I speak from experience.

We are, he made the news, but unfortunately no one is even getting the story right. It pains me that everyone wants to save this bear when it clearly has a taste for human blood. He is ok, in so much pain and it's extremely difficult to see him like this. His family lives 6 hours away so they need constant updates via phone. I am everyone's emotional rock but all I want to do is break down and cry.

This is the closest version of the true story... : https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canad...539908#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=GSEmail&_gsc=SN4Ae8T

So sorry you are going through this, what an awful thing to happen :hugs:

I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel, x

He's doing better today, he has 2 pins in his left thumb, 4 in his right hand, 2 in his wrist. He has several lacerations on his upper, inner left thigh one of which is only 1/2" from his femeral artery. Also has a puncture through his left foot but amazingly no broken bones there. He is in amazing spirits and has no ill feelings towards the bear... A feeling we do not share!

Glad he is doing well! I hope you can continue to manage the stress well...:(

My advice I think you need to take a moment to scream, shout cry and let the emotion out. And then I think you need to let it go - in the scheme of things nothing bad happened and holding anger towards a bear who was simply protecting her family is going is not going to help yours.

He is fine and will be ok.

They aren't able to manage his pain well :-( he is maxed out on his medication and he still feels a lot of it. The doctors are coming in today to do some changes. I hate seeing him like this. I wouldn't wish this to my worst enemy.

That is so scary! I am very sorry! Stay strong for him and yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->