Panicking!

Cvining

Reaction score
ok, so i have read all the info on reduced fetal movements and all that...

so yea, i havent felt the baby move more then a few times in the past hour, which isnt normal for him... and my belly is kind of tender... but it has been tender before... so i just dont know if i need to call my husband home from work and have him bring me to the hospital or what... i mean, he is moving and the tenderness feels like gas sort of... but is there something wrong with the baby? am i just overreacting? should i atleast give labor and delivery a call? im scared cause i am only 28 weeks and i dont want anything to be wrong...:cry:

Try having a glass of apple juice or eat something sweet.
Then go lay down on your left side for an hour or so and watch tv. If baby doesn't start to move around, then call your MW/OB.

The baby could be having an "off" day. Even at 34.2 weeks, I didn't feel the baby move much all morning/afternoon, but this evening it has been active as ever. And this has happened before where there was nothing strong for a day, then the next day I got so much movement my stomach felt bruised.

Good luck sweetie and let us know how it goes.

Yes definitely try having a glass of juice of a really cold glass of water and lie on your left hand side. Also in the meantime do call your midwife and ask their advice. I'm sure that everything is fine. My bub was very sporatic with her movements and I would get lots of movements and then none at all, she has settled into more of a routine now that she is bigger - so I'm sure that bubs is moving but maybe just in a funny position where you can't feel the movements.

Keep us updated and good luck xo

well i downed two and half glasses of cold water and ate a candy cane and then laid down and he started moving again. i was just really really worried because he usually moves A LOT. like he is always moving... but i did the baby kick count and he moved a whole bunch and so i am feeling better now... lol i am a first time mom so i panic about everything and anything...!!!

but yea, i am just tired and emotional... lol but my little boy is moving around and reassuring me, so thats good. thanks ladies

glad he's making his presence felt, Cvining!

i also have moments of paranoia. i think it's normal for first time moms (or any time moms, as each pregnancy is different & moms are moms now matter how many kids they've had.) :)

Great news i havent felt my baby since sunday evening ....tried all sorts been on fetal monitor and she,s fine they said she must be in akward postion i am back there tday for more monitoring lets hope she turns so i can feel her soon x

Glad your feeling him move. My LO has quiet days. Im finding that he has more of them as i progress through pregnancy.

Glad he's back to normal hun, my LO has quiet days too, and I get all panicky, was on way to hospital not too long back for reduced movements, soon as I got there, he started kicking so hard, it hurt xox
They like to keep us on our toes xox

I have been in hospital twice in last two weeks because of LO not moving.
Put me on the machine and he went nuts :)

Never feel you are being a nuisance or daft for going into the hospital if you are worried.
My MW told me they would much much rather we went in and he/she started boucning around right away than sit at home panicking about it.

Glad to hear he perked up after his choccy and drink :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->