Paralympics

I know who the Faroe Islands are... Internationally disliked by people who are against whaling. But that's a whole other story

Having family that live there i get to know the other side of the story. Like you said, that's a whole other topic.

:thumbup: It is - and I respect the fact that there are two sides to every story. :flower:

They are beautiful Islands though RachA. Somewhere I would love to visit. Have you ever been?

Clever girl doing headstands, Naomi-Mae only just learnt and she is seven.

They are beautiful Islands though RachA. Somewhere I would love to visit. Have you ever been?

Yeah - been twice now, once for my brothers wedding and once to visit when we just had our eldest. I really want to go again - hopefully in 2014.
They are very beautiful - not much to do there though. I would actually say that they are quite similar to New Zealand in their geography etc. So expensive to visit though - i was just looking and 3nights in a hotel, B&B and flights is around £620 each. Thankfully we just have to worry about the cost of flights.

Yeah i watched a little of it, LO having a fussy night tonight so been up and down.

I am getting might annoyed of people moaning about channel 4 having the rights to the coverage and there being adverts ..... ugh! This year is the first year that these games have had so much TV coverage, surely people should be proud of that fact instead of all the negative negative ...... anyway rant aside lol

Considering the budget will be less for these games I think the opening ceremony was lovely, can't wait to get watching more!

The paralympics are on every time buttonose. I think people are just disappointed in the BBC, that they didnt bid and that is some how seen as a lesser games, even the commentators are treating it as such, one of my friends status updates said how one said that the girl was almost too good for paralympics but not quite good enough of the olympics :dohh:

Seven medals already, including two goal :happydance:

I am one of those moaning about the Channel 4 coverage. When I timed it the other morning in 16 minutes of broadcasting there was 7 minutes only of actual sport (the longest chunk was 3 minutes long) and that wasn't live as they were jumping parts of the prep etc (so you'd see the athletes stripping down to costumes, then the next second they'd be diving in etc). The other 9 minutes were inane studio chatter and adverts.

Sorry, but I will moan at that. It's like the Paralympics are seen as not important. The BBC did fantastic coverage of the Olympics and I think it's a HUGE shame that the Paralympics are not having equal coverage by Channel 4. I could forgive the adverts, that's normal for that channel, but all the studio crud is inane, boring and unnecessary. Plus the constant reminder that the Paralympics are sponsored by Sainsbury and then Channel 4's introduction/playout sequence which is also unnecessary. Why not get rid and actually show us some of the action instead? I am actually quite annoyed about it.

I'm so glad that they've actually been televised. Channel 4 are annoying though - i generally don't watch things on C4 as adverts annoy me so much lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->