Paranoid about my weight...

Miriam Stoppard says you should gain around 4lbs in the 1st trimester, up to 14lbs in the 2nd trimester and between 4lbs and 9lbs in the 3rd trimester - so you actually gain your most in the s2nd tri as you have (its at a rate of around 1lb per week although you could go 4 weeks with gaining nothing, and then put loads on in one week).

x

I put on loads in the second tri too, and I know others who did as well. My MW also told me that I should try to "control my weight gain" but I didn't manage it. But no serious health problems either for LO or me so far. I think you should of course listen their advice, but don't worry too much either.

I too am concerned about weight gain. I gained about 3.5 stone in my last pregnancy, and before falling pregnant this time, i was still 14lb overweight, so i don't want to put on 3.5 stone this time, or i'll have 4.5 stone to loose, which i know will be really hard (i couldn't shift the last 14lb last time at all). Anyway, so far, i've been trying to eat normally (apart from the odd chocolate craving) and i've put on about 16-17lbs so far. I'm thinking that if i put on 1lb per week for the next 12 weeks, then i'll have gained about 2 stone in total, which i would be ok with, as will only have 3 to lose post baby..... having said that, i don't think we can control entirely our weight gain in pregnancy, it'll depend on size of your baby, and all the extra weight we need to grow our babies etc..

Is hard though, i know. :hugs:

I put on most of my weight during first trimester and have only gained about 4kilo for my third trimester. I started at 72kg now am 90kgs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->