Paranoid infertility worries

calm

Reaction score
I think its quite common amongst WTT, especially first timers.

My recent worry is that I might have PCOS. I was looking at the symptoms:

- weight more around tummy

- spots

- I get the feeling many women have heavier periods than mine, (I have 2 days of some red spotting and brown blood and then 2 heavy days, and then one day of hardly anything)

But:

- I haven't got excessive hair growth

- My periods are usually more regular than anything else (every 28 days).

I feel such a nut for worrying, especially when I should be forgetting about my body and concentrating on my mind and getting it fit and strong ready for TTC. But gosh, its hard!

I am actually going to ask my doctor if I can have a blood test for testosterone levels, thyroids etc. Its not just paranoia about fertility, its also the fact that these problems can also cause anxiety, and sometimes I am at a loss to understand why I have anxiety. I suppose I look for "other reasons".

Anyway, the worst can happen is that she doesn't want to let me do the tests, and at least I will know if I am "okay". :shrug:

I feel if i worried about it i'd go insane. I think lifes too short to stress over the unknown, and if i do have any problems i'll deal with them when it comes to it.
Don't worry about it too much hun :hugs:

I feel if i worried about it i'd go insane. I think lifes too short to stress over the unknown, and if i do have any problems i'll deal with them when it comes to it.
Don't worry about it too much hun :hugs:

I know, and I totally agree. One part of me so knows this, but then this other part of me totally freaks out and overrides the sensible me.

I think its time as well. I am now 33. Have to get rid of anxiety to be able to TTC. Then I worry when I am better, I will have infertility issues that will be too late to deal with. Then I worry that the issues that give me anxiety are actually related like a hormone imbalance, so that I am never going to get better, or TTC, and I am going in a spiral of madness and worry, and my head just might go BANG!

Oh dear, I think I had better go to bed, and stop being a worrypot!

I was 34 when I first tried to get pg, I am very over weight with BMI of 33, I have PCOS which I have had since I was 17 and was told that it would be unlikely that i would be able to conceive when i was older.

But i have been pg twice, once a few years back when i used rhythm method, that resulted in a m/c and then got pg first time trying this time around.

SO I had my age, fatness and PCOS against me... but it still was ok.

What I am trying to say is we can all worry and believe me I do my fair share but these factors dont always mean bad things. Try to relax and I am sure everything will be just fine.

Hm I am quite hairy, but I am average weight ( BMI 22-23) and my af is always on time.

But I guess thats just the paranoidness of us first timers hm.

But it is after all not us only that could be the trouble spot xD. my OH has actually grown kids but the first one he's sure it's not his and the second one he is not sure if it is his so I can't even be sure about that point xD

Hello, I too have crazy infertility worries at points I have been sure I won't ever have children and thought about how i would cope with that!!

Its so good to know I am not they only one who feels this way some of us just must be born worriers

I feel the sooner I start trying the better cause at least i would know then one way or the other but still have over 2 months to go :(

I get soo paranoid I will have problems, just have a 'feeling' which isn't helped by the fact that I read somewhere someone had a 'feeling', got checked out and was infertile! So I'm worried that there is really something wrong with me :(

Don't worry hun I am such a worry wort I have to be medically controlled :rofl:

Seriously though I worry about Pcos, I have irregular and absent periods and when they do come I'm almost paralysed for a day, when I have a breakout it looks like someones drawing dot to dot on my face and recently I have developed one hairy nipple (not excessive just a few hairs) I know TMI but gah! :sad2:

I have had my thyoid levels tested recently as both my mum, brother and nan suffer but I'm ok with that.

All the doctor can do is test which I'm sure will be fine, try not to worry (I know easier said than done) but you can get to that hump when you come to it.

I freak out about being infertile even though I know it is stupidity. I have a load of the pcos symptoms too except for the weight problem but I know that I don't have it. I'm afraid to say these irrational ideas won't go away until the day I am pregnant

I have a narrow waist (well I did) but a round tummy (always), I am spotty, your periods sound exactly like mine were before I got pregnant, I'm pretty hairy, and I am fertile!

You gain nothing for reading up on syndromes that may impair fertility and which are really pretty rare. :hugs:

I was completely the same. After getting pregnant month 1, I calmed down, had a chemical pregnancy and then thought that that was the sign of infertility!!! The second half of my cycle was too short, maybe I have PCOS as my sister does... yada yada yada! Anyway, it only took 4 cycles in total and I would say, don't worry about fertility issues until you've been trying for longer than 6-9months - cross that bridge when you come to it. You never know, you may not even have a river to cross at all! I know it's easier said than done...as I said I was exactly he same!:hugs:

I have thought in the past about pcos but the only "symptom" i have is being fat! So, I am pretty sure I haven't, but I certainly do worry about infertility! I think it's natural though when you are waiting and even when ttc. It's hard not to worry! I am trying to not think too much about it as it will only make it worse and really there's no point worrying until you really have to - but that's easier said than done! :hugs:

I agree with you. I´m sorta between WTT and TTC. Is having unprotected sex = TTC? I don´t do the typical TTC stuff of tracking my days, ovulation etc. since I have very irregular periods. Plus my period has completely disappeared over the past 4 mths due to some stress with my health....that´s why I classify myself as WTT.

Yup.... I was so upset when I didn´t get PG after we stopped contraceptives but my AF suddenly disappeared and I didn´t take pills.... In any case, great to see that I´m not the only person being paranoid about being infertile. :)

Thank you everyone for your replies. I suppose I don't really think that I have PCOS, I don't have many of the symptoms, but I do think that there is something hormonal going on hence the spots. Anyway, I will ask doc and see what tests I can get done, just to get the thyroid thing out of my mind.

And yes, it certainly is a common complaint amongst us all, we do seem to think about infertility a lot in general don't we? My mum thinks I am nuts to think so, and same my DH. He just thinks: when we go for a baby, a baby will appear sooner or later, and thats its. Nice to be so simplistic, a lot healthier for the mind I must say! And yes, lets just cross that bridge when we come to it. In my case, crossing bridges in my mind that I haven't even come across is very typical and also extremely bad for me, so I am going to try to switch off a bit, and concentrate on more current issues.

Bigs hugs and PMA for everyone!

i'm completley paranoid as well... i feel like i need to be checked out to make sure there's nothing wrong.. but i haven't even started TTC yet :dohh:

it's probably natural for women to feel this way, especially those that want children so badly.. i just keep thinking about what life will be like if i am not able to get pregnant. i want it so badly that it almost makes me want to get pregnant now, to make sure that i can. however, i know this is not the right now.

i'm a bit of a paranoid freak :dohh:

I hate worrying about this but i can't help it, i'm an anxious person anyway and most things bother/worry me, The thing is the symptoms of PCOS are so similar to lots of other problems that many of us are actually worrying over nothing.

I have spots, abit more hair then most, and a swollen tummy, but i have ibs which messes up with my body anyway, i don't have PCOS!!.

Theres no need to worry ladies.

i'm completley paranoid as well... i feel like i need to be checked out to make sure there's nothing wrong.. but i haven't even started TTC yet :dohh:

it's probably natural for women to feel this way, especially those that want children so badly.. i just keep thinking about what life will be like if i am not able to get pregnant. i want it so badly that it almost makes me want to get pregnant now, to make sure that i can. however, i know this is not the right now.

i'm a bit of a paranoid freak :dohh:

Im the same! I wish i could just get every test done right now so i could know and stop worrying.I cant even begin to try and understand the stupid logic of having to have 3 losses before you get tested for problems.I mean that just doesnt make sense to me if theres something wrong with me i want to know now not a few years from now after endless heartbreak! Its hard not to worry even when your not ttc, you think but oh god what if theres something happening right now that could be fixed and when the time comes it'll be too late.Im a worrier :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->