Paranoid???

MMalcomb224

Reaction score
I am not sure if I am just being paranoid or if I need to go and see someone....Urgent Care. The baby was very active on Sunday/Monday but yesterday and today not so active. I have tried chocolate and a caffinated drink to get her to move around....while I do feel a little movement nothing like I am used too. I am freaking myself out and my husband out!! Wonder if I should just go to Urgent Care and just have them listen for her hearbeat???? I am 30 weeks and 3 days right now.

I am not sure if I am just being paranoid or if I need to go and see someone....Urgent Care. The baby was very active on Sunday/Monday but yesterday and today not so active. I have tried chocolate and a caffinated drink to get her to move around....while I do feel a little movement nothing like I am used too. I am freaking myself out and my husband out!! Wonder if I should just go to Urgent Care and just have them listen for her hearbeat???? I am 30 weeks and 3 days right now.

You would need to go to L&D at the hospital for a NST (or your OB).

Go to the hospital and get a stress test. Any change in movements should be watched for.

Do a kick count first. You're looking for 6 movements of any sort within 1 hour. Have a cold drink & lay on your left side or back set a timer and start counting. A movement is considered any thing hard or light.

I believe better to be safe than sorry. It's probably ( hopefully ) nothing bad but I think it's better to be checked and monitored just to be sure. Plus it will give you peace of mind and stress is not something you or baby need right now. Let us know how things go!

Do a kick count first. You're looking for 6 movements of any sort within 1 hour. Have a cold drink & lay on your left side or back set a timer and start counting. A movement is considered any thing hard or light.

You should go in for ANY change in what is normal for your baby. Forget kick counts if you know your baby usually does something different!

I had the same problem last week too. I didn't feel the strong movements I usually felt and I tried drinking orange juice, had a piece of chocolate, had cold water nothing made the baby move strong. I went into L&D and thank god everything was good. It is always good to go in and they do not make you wait and they put you in a room right away. Hope everything is good and keep us updated.

Stress is bad for babe. Go and have a test - just to put your mind at rest.

I also had this on Wednesday, - only two small kicks all day - midwife sent me for a trace and all was ok.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"