Parcel question

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by CRWx, Nov 12, 2011.

1. CRWx

CRWx my little family - complete <3

This seems like a really daft question.

I have family up north & down south & we're wanting to send Christmas presents, does anybody know anything about sending parcels to post offices & collecting them? Because of the awkwardness of not being in during the day I thought this would work..

I found something called "poste restante"

helppppp! :rofl:

2. Arlandria

Arlandria Love being Mrs.C xx

If you send a parcel by Royal Mail tracked, this is signed for and if no one is in, they 'should' leave a card to either collect or rearrange delivery.

Some couriers may vary...

We use a company at work who work on a next day service, you can not collect from their office but they will rearrange a redelivery.

:) hope this is any help? x

3. CRWx

If it was sent normal delivery, would I have to collect from the main royal mail office thing? :)

4. Arlandria

Arlandria Love being Mrs.C xx

Arh I see, not 100% sure, they may knock on at a neighbours or post a card to tell you where it is x

5. CRWx

Ah, neighbours would be fine, thanks hun :thumbup:

6. lucy_x

lucy_x Mummy To Two Stunners

^^ WSS, the post office is fine, if your not there they will just leave it with a neighbour or take it back to the sorting office. Recorded is only 70p more on every item though, if it makes you feel a bit safer x

7. xSophieBx

xSophieBx Mummy to a Beautiful Girl

Is it gonna be a big parcel? You could do collect+ via one of the couriers if so... There will be shops nr u that are collect+ stores and your parcel will go to them for u to pick up. If its just a lil parcel then yeh royal mail will be fine.. like others have said if ur not in then a card will be put through your door and u just go to sorting office to collect... or sometimes they leave them in a safe place, like i have a recycle box next to my door and they put them in there.