Parcel question

CRWx

my little family - complete <3
Reaction score
This seems like a really daft question.

I have family up north & down south & we're wanting to send Christmas presents, does anybody know anything about sending parcels to post offices & collecting them? Because of the awkwardness of not being in during the day I thought this would work..

I found something called "poste restante"

helppppp! :rofl:

If you send a parcel by Royal Mail tracked, this is signed for and if no one is in, they 'should' leave a card to either collect or rearrange delivery.

Some couriers may vary...

We use a company at work who work on a next day service, you can not collect from their office but they will rearrange a redelivery.

:) hope this is any help? x

If it was sent normal delivery, would I have to collect from the main royal mail office thing? :)

Arh I see, not 100% sure, they may knock on at a neighbours or post a card to tell you where it is x

Ah, neighbours would be fine, thanks hun :thumbup:

^^ WSS, the post office is fine, if your not there they will just leave it with a neighbour or take it back to the sorting office. Recorded is only 70p more on every item though, if it makes you feel a bit safer x

Is it gonna be a big parcel? You could do collect+ via one of the couriers if so... There will be shops nr u that are collect+ stores and your parcel will go to them for u to pick up. If its just a lil parcel then yeh royal mail will be fine.. like others have said if ur not in then a card will be put through your door and u just go to sorting office to collect... or sometimes they leave them in a safe place, like i have a recycle box next to my door and they put them in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->