Parent and child parking in supermarkets

Definitely a good point rafwife but my OH never ever comes shopping. They need more spaces instead of being greedy and getting too many people to park in tiny little spaces.

I wasnt having a go at anyone just really frustrates me when i have 3 kids, am heavily pregnant and also have suffered from spd for months but still struggle to find a space lol. As i stated before it was only my opinion and that maybe people who dont have little kids will appreciate it more when their little ones arrive

I can understand the frustration of mothers who can't park close when people without kids are parked in the spaces. Fortunately, all the tescos round here have tons of these spaces and they are never full, so I don't mind if i do:) I just can't get my shopping in, or myself in otherwise!

Tesco give you the permits before the baby is due, so I guess we are allowed to use them.

Certainly wouldnt take up the last space tho - there are more needy people.

I have a tesco permit, but i still would not dream of using the space unless i had a child with me. Same goes for a disabled space. I just feel that other people are more needy than i am. I can cope with a normal car space. Quite often ive had to wait half an hour or so for the A-Hole who parked too close to my car to return so i can fit back in the drivers seat! We need a 'beware pregnant driver' sign to put up on our windows in hope other drivers will allow us space!!

xxx

In the Asda by us there's 'expectant mum' parking spaces :D

I actually do have a sign i put in my car window, asking drivers to be considerate and leave some space for me and the bump! (sad i know but there is no way i can climb across the seats to get into the drivers side now).

Back to the main subject i haven't yet parked in a parent space but i think i probably will do nearer the time :D

The spots here for customer with child parking are a bit closer, but you still have to cross an area with tons of cars. I do use them occassionally though, if there aren't any other places to park that are close by. Our spots aren't larger though..if anything, they seem a bit smaller. I like the Expectant Mother parking at Babies R Us. :)

There is only one store here with expectant mom/small children spots. There are 4 spaces total and they are usually occupied by people with no children or a bump. They are in the main parking lot with all the other spaces and you still have to cross the busy traffic in front of the store. Parenthood doesn't get you any special considerations over here :(

I personally haven't a problem with pregnant women using mother and baby spaces at all, my problem purely lies with people who park in the spaces when they're neither pregnant or have kids!!!! Imagine my face when I was dicussing this with my MIL once and she replied "I use them" shrugged her shoulders and then carried on "you lot don't know how lucky you are these days, how do you think we all coped years ago" I was speechless!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->