Part time single parents????

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
Anyone on here do this?

I will be soon as OH will be heading back out to camp soon. We think he will be working 21 & 7. How do people do it. Handling the stress and all the other stuff?

I do it from time to time when OH works away. You just get on with it tbh. The first time I got my mum to come round once or twice so I could get a shower.

Does he go away regularly or is it the odd time here and there? I assume that without him here I will find my own routines. A bit selfish, I'm sure, is that I'm concerned about what he is going to do to my rountine on his 8 days home. Does everything go out the windonw and they after he leaves do I spend a week getting back into routine just to have him home in another 3 weeks to do it all again?

The way I see it is that I set the routine and he has to fit in with it lol. At the moment he only goes away every now and again, but due to the nature of his job he could start going away regularly for a few months. Last time he went away, it was actually really good as we got into our own routine and I didn't have to think about making his tea etc.

Cool, thanks for the reasurance... Did you find that you worried that OH was going to miss things like firsts and stuff...

my oh goes away for three months at a time:( You just have to find a routine and you get used to it eventually...i hope!!:'( He is missing so much already but i do my best with the old webcam!

My DH works away too, normally away for 10 days off for 3 days. Haven't got a particular routine so can't help with that sorry. I just get on with it:cry:, usually go down my mums a couple of nights, staying over on a Friday, & go to PIL's one night too, go over friends when we can, it IS hard, but has to be done:hissy:

He misses stuff when he's here anyway coz I've got her all day while he's at work, so it's not much of a difference tbh

i suggest always having the camera ready. my husband has missed our kids first steps and first b-days(such is the way of the army) You get into a routine and then stick with it. I write alot to explain all the little things that happen during the day.

im a part time single mum too.. my DH is on an RNLI emergancy callout crew and he also works full time around the country.

sometimes i just struggle to get through the day but i get on with it and after the kids fall asleep i can fall apart.

I'm on my own Monday - Friday. Pretty much all week now we're arguing. Rich hasn't seen Caitlyn for 3 weeks, but he's coming today. :dohh:

You make your own routine and he will have to fit into it.

note: thats not every night... just after the rough days...

im not like depressed or anything!

Thanks so much everyone. Knowing that there are lots on here doing the same thing is helpful. Maybe I can talk to you all when I'm feeling stresssed.

Thanks so much everyone. Knowing that there are lots on here doing the same thing is helpful. Maybe I can talk to you all when I'm feeling stresssed.

Course you can:) But I dont think you will find much time to get online! i dont get on most days until after he has gone to bed, i have sterilised the bottles and made the feeds, done the washing and put the washing on! lol

Course you can:) But I dont think you will find much time to get online! i dont get on most days until after he has gone to bed, i have sterilised the bottles and made the feeds, done the washing and put the washing on! lol

Lord isnt' that the truth. Even with him here I sometimes wonder how you all do it.
I only get on here in spurts, mostly when I am at a friends for the weekend. Her and her husband and their kids love entertaining Brooklynn so I get a few extra hands free moments. AND... Maybe even a shower all by myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->