passing clots.

Ashley1021

Pregnant with my first!
Reaction score
Last night I went to the er after passing three significant clots. They did an ultrasound and baby measured in at 5 weeks three days. We thought I was only four weeks four days along! After leaving the er I called my doctor and she suggested being on bed rest until my next scan feb 5th to see how things are progressing. My fiancé doesn't think this is necessary and is worried about the time i will have to take off from work. What do you guys suggest I do? Work and hope for the best, or take the recommendation and miss out on some finances?

Personally I would go on bed rest because if anything happened and you have taken yourself off bed rest you will be blaming yourself but if you do listen to the dr and do go on bed rest and if anything bad does happen then you know it wasn't your fault and you done everything you could of done. Hope everything works out for you x

If you're able to I would definitely follow the doctors recommendation.

That's what I'm feeling, but fiancé is being very unsupportive and is only seeing the finance side of things. He doesn't understand I guess. The er doctor was not helpful at all and my fiancé feels like everything is fine. Which it could be, but I would much rather be safe than sorry..

I'm on bed rest also. for bleeding a lot. but my baby showed a very healthy heartbeat. but boy oh boy is it scary :( BED REST BED REST BED REST!!!! you're work will have to get over it. this is you're baby you are talking about :) good luck hun ill be praying for you tooo!!!

It's about what you feel is important, men always seem to have opinions but if THEY were told by the doc to have some bedrest? They'd be in the sack faster then our heads could spin.
Unless you have a record of absenteeism and it could effect the security of your job, follow the doc's orders. Maybe also get a doctors note if you feel there will be issues with them for staying at home on bedrest. Just cover your bases. That may also provide some reassurance to your OH.

Thanks girls! I have an appt with her on Wednesday to get my levels rechecked to see if they are doubling. They took them at the er and I was at 10,752 at five weeks and 3 days. The doctor gave me no reassurance or didn't say anything about that number.

That is a good number according to this chart: https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

That's a great base level for hcg...

I would suggest you follow the doc's orders, and be on bedrest. Couldn't you take some FMLA leave, or be put on temporary medical disability? Do you have any sick time racked up?

Look, I know money is important. Family (including our unborn children) is more important. :hugs:

I totally agree! I will for sure be on bed rest until she advises otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->