Passport

RachelLynda

TTC baby #3
Reaction score
I'm getting married early next year and will need to change my passport as it's the only form of ID I have.
I've looked and as far as I can tell they want me to pay the full amount for a brand new passport regardless of if it's just a name change.
My passport is just over a year old so it's still got a good 9 years left on it.

Is it true you have to pay the whole amount for a new passport just to change your name or am I just not finding the correct page?

I don't want to fork out another £80 just over a year later :( :growlmad:

Sadly it is true - a complete rip off. I was livid when I got married and found this out! xxx

It's ridiculous!
I have to change it due to it being my ID if it was only for flights I wouldn't mind as you can put your ticket in your maiden name and it's fine as long as they match up. :growlmad:

Could you not get a provisional driving licance for your ID? Then put tickets in old name like you said? X

I used my passport with my maiden name on it along with a copy of my marriage certificate to prove what my married name was. Never had a problem with it. My driving license is still in my maiden name and I have been married 7 years! Also never had a problem with that do long as I also show marriage certificate.

Personally, I also think it is nice once you are married to have everything in your new married name. I remember feeling a bit disappointed on honeymoon as I didn't bother changing my passport before going as everything had been booked in my maiden name. All honeymoon the staff were referring to me as the name on my cruisecard, Miss .......I was all newly proudly married and wanted to be Mrs .......
That's probably just me though lol!!! I think a £10 admin fee would have been a more acceptable amount to charge xxx

I've tried using my provisional before and everyone says it has to be a full driving licence which makes no sense.
I've never thought about doing that! That's a good idea!
Yeah I can't wait to be Mrs but £80? I don't mind paying something like you said £10 admin fee is silly. The only things I use my passport for (except flights etc) is proof of age and if I go for interviews I have to prove I'm me but I guess if I explain and show my marriage certificate I might get away with it haha.
Thank you!

For jobs etc I take my passport and marriage certificate too and had no problems.
Mine needs renew anyways, on my to do list :)

I'm afraid you're right. You have to pay the full price for a passport just to change your name! I travelled under my maiden name for about 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->