Passports

4 boys

Reaction score
Do you have to HAVE one and do your children :shrug::shrug:

I was told by a friend everyone should have a passport as proof of identity but I want to know what you all think :wacko:

I have a driving licence and obviously a birth certificate and marriage certificate so why do I need a passport??

My children don't have a passport as unfortunately we've never been abroad so is it necessary :shrug:

Thanks ladies :thumbup:

No of course not! You only need a passport to leave your country of birth.

As others have said, it is a useful form of ID though to supplement a driving licence, I find it's a nightmare trying to find identification because all our bills are electronic and we don't pay for council tax/water bills in the military. My passport is in my maiden name so I can travel on it if I book tickets correctly but can't use it for ID and it's a pain! I wonder what photo ID people use if they don't drive or have a passport?

No, you don't need one. I'm only getting my first this year because it's a pain in the crack not having one. I use my provisional license for ID but it's not good for everything.

I think everyone should have a form of id.. A lot of is isn't accepted these days too..eg birth certificate/marriage cert isn't. Neither are bus passes even if they have ur photo on it as it's not official. I have a pp but never take it out with me. I take my licence out tho.. It's only provisional tho and some places don't even accept that after a certain age (thus I have never understood tbh) if I know I'm going to need something official I take my pp with me.
Most places will accept the old style paper licence tho but sometimes need a statement to back it up. I also make sure I get a bank statement for at least one account so I always have that too.

As others have said, it is a useful form of ID though to supplement a driving licence, I find it's a nightmare trying to find identification because all our bills are electronic and we don't pay for council tax/water bills in the military. My passport is in my maiden name so I can travel on it if I book tickets correctly but can't use it for ID and it's a pain! I wonder what photo ID people use if they don't drive or have a passport?

If u need to use your pp as is bring your marriage cert too and it will b accepted as is as your marriage cert shows the link.

I'm 37 and have never ever needed to use my passport as ID

I guess things are different now as their are much stricter rules in place for ensuring no sale to under agers

I have a valid passport as we all got the, in 2008 but jack and Leah's expired last year. I haven't renewed them as we have no intention to go abroad

Mine is out of date and in my maiden name. Use it for ID if provisional licance can't be used and take my marriage cert also. Going to renew it soon xx

The only benefit I would say about your children getting a passport now is that if they don't have one before they are 16(or maybe 14, I can't quite remember), the application process is not as simple and they will have to attend the passport office for an interview in order to get one.

No you don't have to have them, you can have other id.
My kids don't have them either.

I have my birth and marriage certs and a citazens card (uk photo id) which I use if im going to the in laws on a plane another part in the uk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->