Past and Present TTCers~ The continuation of IVF 2012 - present!

I have the same system as Jenn except the bob version. (Same company same product). It's fabulous! We got them at cost (we know someone who works for britax) we have the next size up too already. But we need to get another as we only bought 1 for some reason.

I definitely recommend starting with infant car seats, even though it will mean an upgrade down the road. But if you don't have the infant seat, you'll have to get them in & out of the convertible seat in the car, which might wake them up. The infant seat can be carried in with the baby still sleeping. Also it's easier for doctor's appts if you have a place to put them down for filling out paperwork, etc. just my two cents! I got the Chicco Keyfit & love it!

snd - Twinkies are doing good! She is doing a lot better with the reflux thank god!
Where are you going to register? I had a blast doing it! lol
I agree with MO, get the BOON grass/trees/flowers. All the BOON stuff are great!
https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...1018532484?skuId=18532484&registryId=10736066

Bottles...I bought them all, but ended up now buying Tommee Tippee sensitive for colic. They really do look like nipples, twinkies love them...a lot better than the Dr. Browns and Born Free I had......and let me tell you, I had a million of them! Your going to need a good amount of bottles too....dont bother with too many 5oz, get the 9oz ones.
https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...rter-set-in-clear/1042398585?categoryId=32055

Boppys....I would get a couple. I registered for 2, but ended up buying a third. I have the two downstairs and one up in my room.

Sheets....just get a ton....the more the better...with boys, they pee everywhere and all the time!

Car seats I have Peg Perego for both infant and toddler bigger ones. They are heavy but the best.
https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...r-seat-in-black/1018796651?Keyword=Peg+Perego

I also went with them for the high chairs...those are amazing....bought it for a friend so I knew it was the one I wanted.
https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...-chair-in-cacao/1016242071?Keyword=Peg+Perego

Snap and Go stroller I got the Joovy Twinroo....LOVE IT! For normal stroller I got two....Bugaboo Donkey and Baby Jogger City Select. Haven't used the City Select yet, but the Bugaboo is the best!
https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...1040704555?skuId=40704555&registryId=10736066

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...r-base-in-black-black/3247819?Keyword=Bugaboo

Twin Pack and Play.........works great, event though my son likes the couch better lol

Swaddle blankets from Pottery Barn....DO NOT bother with the rest. These are the PERFECT size!!! By a ton and only them! I love the size and the softness. My kids never got out of them...they made a perfect swaddle!
https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/fannel-swaddle-thumbie-set/?pkey=bbaby-essentials-blankets&

These are great for the winter
https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...reg/125660?skuId=17442880&registryId=10736066

Not everyone uses them, but I like these wipe warmers
https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pr...1016480886?skuId=16480886&registryId=10736066

hmmmm......ill think of more and post them. lol

Thank you stinas! I registered at walmart.com. I'll pm you my login if you wanna take control!!!! GLADLY!!!! :haha:

* Bottles- I picked the phillips avent? Said reduce colic on them?
* Bobby- I picked two
* Sheets- I have one already and picked three more
* Snap and Go Stroller- Baby Trend Snap-N-Go Double Universal Double Stroller
* Carseats- Haven't picked out yet
* No pack and play
* Rock and Play sleeper x 2 (since I never know where they will be staying when I go back to work)
* Starlight Cradle Swing x 2
* Boon Grass Drying rack and the Playtex drying rack (IDK why both?)
* 2 x Changing pad covers
* 2 x mattress pads
* 2 x Bottle warmers and 1 x microwave sterolizer
* and a video monitor and a baby bath tub

BASICALLY I picked out stuff according to their 4-5 star ratings.

snd - your going to need more sheets! lol Boys pee I'm telling you!
Ill help as much as you like! hehe Shopping is my thing!

Change Pads: I had the twins in a crib in my room from birth and because of constant spit ups and leaking diapers they slept on change pads until they could roll. Also both went through a peeing during diaper change phase. So I went through lots! I actually sent my mom out to get me 6 more a couple days after coming home because I couldn't keep up with the washing.

Mattress Covers: I have 5 and when you have a sick throwing up baby you'll wish you have more. Last weekend Chris was sick and I had to change his bed 4 times on Saturday, and 3 times on Sunday. So I was doing many loads of wash to keep up.

Sheets: I have 5 per crib and they come in handy when you have a sick child.

Bottles: I tried everything!!! Did dr browns for awhile but eventually they get frustrating to clean so I switched to Advent. Much easier to clean and the babies liked the bottles more. I don't believe anything works for colic! Here are the ones I got:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Classic-Polypropylene-Bottle-Opaque/dp/B002HEXWRU

Two swings were a must. They napped in them until they were 6 months.

Playmats are great for tummy time.

Hello ladies, I haven't posted on here in what seems like an eternity.
Many of you who are on the FB group already know that I conceived a miracle baby while on no medication at all. Let me update on here for anyone who missed out.

I conceived shortly after my miscarriage and did not even have a period ever since my MC. SO it was a huge surprise the day I tested and find out I was pregnant. I was literally shaking in shock and surprise. And not to mention I had no idea how far along I would be.

I was just being extra cautious and keeping a low profile in real life and on social networks. I just feel over protective about baby and feel like I want to keep my distance at least until I'm past my first trimester. End of First trimester is a huge milestone for me, as I have never got there in my previous 6 pregnancies. So I hope you ladies understand my reasons for keeping a low profile.

I'm 11 weeks and 4 days and due on 1st of Jan, 2015. Umm, I need to get a ticker.

Loving your ticker, Honey, and so excited for you ... and the end of Tri 1 is nearing - time to start believing and enjoying :) :wohoo::hugs2:

*COPIED FROM JOURNAL*

Good Morning Ladies,

Wow, wow, wow ... exactly halfway there! 140 days into pregnancy with another 140 to go ... can't believe it!!!:cloud9:

Little baby Pünktchen has probably been quite active before this, but I am feeling him more and more. Last night while watching an episode before going to sleep, I was feeling the usual little light kicks against my belly - and then felt one whopping great one (well, whopping great in comparison to the others :haha:)... Makes me smile every time and it is just such an exciting time!

Each site says something a bit different about size, length, weight - one site says cantaloupe melon (but says that for two weeks) ... my ticker says banana, so we'll go with that. I have to assume it means length, can you imagine a Pünktchen looking like a banana? :haha:

Anyway, on Wednesday we are going for our big scan. Can't wait to see how he has developed / grown ... the technology at the place we are going to is just mind-blowing, so I am really looking forward to the pictures and the measurements and seeing everything in that much more detail ... <3

Attached, my weekly picture :) :) More updates coming on Wednesday :) :cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_3444.jpg
    IMG_3444.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 18
whoa! Bubu you are halfway there. Beautiful bump and chalkboard, and I love your smile in the picture. Little Punktchen is getting so big

Halfway!! Wahoo!

Glad you are doing well honey cheeks!!

honey- I am OVER the MOON for you!!!! :happydance:

Come on lucky thread! Who's the next contestant???!!!! :haha:

:hugs: to all!!!

Im soooo excited for you ladies!!!

Are we all on the FB group?

Hi girls, not been on here much as thought most of us where on fb, but just thought I'd pop in to see how snd was doing! Glad everything's going well xxx

Yeah I think I'm the only person in the WORLD NOT on fb!!!! :haha: I just didn't care for it when I had it!!!

Otherwise, I'm good!!! :winkwink: I said I'm nick-naming my top boy "lil ass kicker" (for those of you who are walking dead fans, you'll get it!) cause he has been loving kicking my ribs the past week!! :rofl:

How is everyone else?!

OK twin mommas... I nee some help here!!!

Yesterday was my 23 week anatomy scan. I really don't know what to think of it and spent all day afterwards crying my heart out; over nothing IDK or if it is serious!!!

It's been two weeks since my last ob appt. Baby A was 1.1 lb and heart was 154, baby b was 1.2 lbs and heart was 155. Yesterday baby a was 1.5 lbs and heart was 134 and baby b was 1.9 lbs and heart was still 155. Now, fetal maternal dr. said that was a 15% size difference and they tend to start worrying at 20%. On top of all that, they couldn't get a good scan of their hearts or brains?!!!! Said their rule of thumb is 3 tries, and yesterday was #2, so gotta go back in 3 weeks for last try!!! This is what I don't get... they got a good picture of both heads together side by side, yet couldn't get scan of the brains?! Doesn't make sense!!! I asked why heart rate could have been lower on baby a and they said due to inactivity?! In my mind none of this sounded good!!! They have been neck and neck thus far, and all the sudden this!!! They told me none of this meant that anything was wrong, but sure as hell doesn't sound good either!!!

Any experiences?! I'm avoiding everyone that's called asking how it went cause I honestly don't know what to say!!!! Hubby got so upset he had a blood pressure drop and about passed out..... :cry: I'm so scared! I love them both so much already and can't help but worry!!!!

snd - Sorry they scared you!!!! Its hard to scan twins...so get used to them doing things over and over! The inactivity probably meant one was sleeping, their HR do change when they are asleep, you will really notice that at the end of your preg when you do the stress tests weekly.
I dk why they wouldn't be able to scan their brains when they got their head pics...weird, but maybe they just couldn't get a full pic?
Sometimes the babies just don't want to move and it makes it hard for them. I had a lot of echos due to that....she just didn't feel like moving. Super annoying for us!

Hi ladies! It's been a while since I've posted but most of you are on FB. SND join back up and just have us as friends. :winkwink:

SND~ It is so hard not to worry and I know that. No matter how many of us tell you not to, you will. I can promise you that. :flower: It does sound like baby A was sleeping or just having a lazy day. That happens sometimes and they should have explained that to you. As for the size difference... My girls had a pretty big size difference but no one seemed concerned. I don't think you are far enough along right now to really worry about the size difference because in the next 3 weeks (until your next scan) they could be the same size again or even switch spots on the weight. Try not to stress, none of this seems like a bad thing right now. If they continue to grow further apart they will watch you closer and possibly have you deliver early. You aren't there yet!

I will say this though... Ava was born with a cord issue that no one found until she was born. This was the reason for their size difference. Ava was 4lb 15oz and Emma was 6lb 3oz. It was very scary for me because a lot of things could have gone wrong had I had a vaginal delivery. I'm hesitant to put what it was called because I'm scared you will google. Google was the only answers I got after they were born because I was moved to a different hospital and no one told me about it until 3 weeks later in an e-mail. Honestly it scared the hell out of me but they are both here today so thats all that matters. I'll tell you what it was and explain it so you won't google. :thumbup:

It was a VCI (velamentous cord insertion) its where the umbilical cord isn't inserted properly and the baby still gets somewhat of what it needs but does lack since it isn't inserted in the right spot. It's pretty rare. Maybe just ask the ultrasound tech/DR to check for this. The only thing that would change is you would have to have a c section. I wanted one anyways.

I hope all that came across as loving/caring and not scary. :hugs:

DON'T EVER GOOGLE WHILE PREGNANT! :haha:

SND I'm sure all is fine. Mo LO had lower rates when sleeping so dont worry. Still normal. I'm sure as twins get bigger it gets harder to measure things. Hopefully next scan they will. I agree with MrsC. Do not google while preggo!

Thank you sweet ladies for all your replys!!! Makes me feel better! :hugs:

I forgot to mention, that their placenta placements might be the problem... see the little one (baby a's) is behind him, which in my google freenzy said that he might not be getting all the nutrients he needs b/c of this and could be the reason for the lagging. So idk if that is a factor or not?!

They did see both cords on u/s and never said any concern about them. Seen both had both kidneys and upper lips...

I am better today. Have appt. with my ob this afternoon and will talk to him about everything and tell him IF I need to be sent elsewhere, so be it!!! I'd travel to Europe if need be!!!!! No questions asked!!!

Will update you all after appt this afternoon! Thank you all again for your replys/concerns! And I can't make any promises on not googling, as it runs rampid in my blood!!! :haha:

Love each one of you girls!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->