Past and Present TTCers~ The continuation of IVF 2012 - present!

Where will you be going to for your treatment, Fluterby?

snd - that is so fantastic that your boys are doing well ... and you too?

I'm not looking forward to the glucose test (next Wednesday) - they are going straight away to the big one and I hate not being able to eat! Must remember to take reading material with me, since I'll be there for a few hours ...

I'm flying to and staying at a hotel in Brownsville, TX but I will have my treatment Matamoros, MX with Dr. A. Garza

Bu- you got this! I failed my one hour test. High was 130 and I was 130 exactaly, so had to do the 3 hour one. And I passed!!! :happydance: I told the lab lady that it was the cake from my shower the weekend before, and sure enough it had to be!! I tried to read, but there were other girls in there doing the same test, so we just had a big chit chat group the whole time... sure made it go by faster! When I got out I tore up some Taco Bell!!! Nothing had ever tasted SO good!!! haha! Good luck!!!

And good luck to you too fluter!!! This seems to be our lucky thread, so :dust: :dust: :dust:!!!

I failed 1 hr... I was 164 (cut off 130) but passed 3 hr no problem. The one hour is a "screening" exam and a lot of women fail it. I think there should be a2 hr in between.

well lab called my dr at 2 hrs and asked to proceed or not and he said proceed b/c of my glucose history before pregnancy. Woulda been nice to stop early seeing as my hand is the only place they can get blood anymore and they blew out my right hand first draw!!! :growlmad:

I think mine is 2 hours ... blood draw before I drink, blood draw after one hour and blood draw after 2 hours.... Should be fun, they always have trouble drawing my blood and have to draw three times *lol*

nope - couldn't access (said that the content has been removed) ...

:hugs: to all and hope everyone is doing well!!! Miss all our talks, but guess that's what I get for being the only person in the world not on FB!

Boo!! Hate the link didn't work! :growlmad:

Good luck flutter!!! Cheering you on!!!

Can I say that exhaustion has hit me like a TON of bricks?! My belly has gotten SOOOO heavy and I swear I've gotten bigger in just the last week!!! Don't feel the beans as much either anymore... I think they are just about outta room!!! I'm beginning to doubt I'll make it to 38 weeks!

Question for twin mommies... what do you pack for the hospital? Hubby wants me to start getting a bag ready just in case, but I have no earthly idea what to pack for them or myself?!!!

Girl your belly will grow daily now lol! Glad babies are well! Rest up! Do you work?

TY Mo! And yes I still work 46 hours a week (well when I don't have dr. appts anyways).

Thats a lot! No wonder you are exhausted! I noticed after 32 weeks I started growing quicker. When will you stop working? Can you cut back your hours any?

Someone also told me to try not warming their bottles... that if you never start it they won't expect it and it would be easier in travel, outings, etc?! What are your takes on this?

I look at it like this: breast milk is warm so their bottles should be warmed. However, if you never breast feed then they wont know the difference. We warm LOs bottles UNLESS we are out then we use tap water. Sometimes its warm because the diaper bag was left in the car but mostly room temp. We do ask for hot water at restaurants even for formula bottles. We dont heat the bottles to much in the warmer, maybe to luke warm, because we dont want to burn his mouth and I have read that formula warms unevenly so it worries me.
IF you pump and store the milk in the fridge it needs to be warmed. All the fat will stick to the sides of the bottle and its hard to get off unless it starts to become warm or you shake it and since its not recommended to shake breast milk. I usually swirl off all I can to mix it then warm it and swirl it again.

Thinking of you fluterby :dust:

I feel really grateful so many times to be living in a country that really looks out for pregnant women / babies' health and safety! Once you are pregnant (and especially once the company is informed), you are covered by what's called "Mutterschutz" by law. That literally means "protection of the Mother". During this period, different rules apply, that includes not working overtime, not working at night, not working public holidays, taking rests when you need them (companies have to make sure there is a room available - a "quiet room"). You stop working 6 weeks prior to EDD and start working 8 weeks post partum (if you want) (12 weeks for twins). And a bunch of other things. So many times I have read (in different forums) how this is so different for example in the US and I feel so blessed to have this "protection" over here!!

I can't comment on the temperature etc. (still got that ahead of me) but what Marie says makes sense to me. (And as for packing the bag... no idea, but I think I will start around week 34/35 - just in case Baby P. wants to make an earlier appearance)...

Bub that's awesome! I wish our country was like that. I had a lot of complications with my first pregnancy and I had to take off a lot. Once I maxed out my paid time off they wanted me to make up my hours by work song at later, at night or the weekends. I just told them to dock my pay. I was having a hard enough time.

I started stim meds today. I go back to the doctor Wed for a follie check. My journey getting here has been horrible and I almost went home. If you'd like to read it, it's on the last page or two of my TTC journal.

Maternity leave in USA sucks!

Expected to work up until delivery date then go unpaid until disability kicks in. Then you get 6-8 weeks at 50-70% pay. But if there is a waiting period then that is deducted. So I had a 2 wk waiting period so I got laid for 6 weeks @ 60% even though my dr wrote out for 8. Then the rest was unpaid. And after 12 weeks if you don't go back there is no job or you have to pay benefits out of pocket at 100% until returning and that can be thousands a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->