Paying for LO on the bus?

Cassie.

Reaction score
Dani has just turned 4 and I got the bus with her the other day and as usual just paid for my ticket. I've just been thinking, should I have paid for her?
Is it 4 that you're supposed to start paying for them? I'm not sure :shrug:

I feel so bad about it :haha:

I think they're officially classed as a child and have to start paying at 5. Not completely sure though :thumbup:

if they don't question it i wouldn't bother.
i had a big to-do at softplay the other day cos it's free for 9months and under, they were trying to make me pay for my goddaughter because she's crawling but it didn't say anything on the sign, just free for 9 months and under! silly people xx

She's quite small for her age so I think we'll just leave it until she's 5, or in a school uniform if it is four..

Oh good.. OH said if it's four to just say she's three if they ask >< I can imagine she'd pipe up 'No I'm not I'm 4!' Haha.

Its 5...........i always pay for my daughter, i feel too guilty lying and plus i dont want her learning naughty habits.....tee hee.

I think in London kids are free till 6 . (I think I have read something about it.when I was purchasing my oyster card ) I know that in my public transport network kids are free till 6. years at least :)

Where I live all Children have to pay. Friggin cheapos!

I thought it was under 11 for free and when you turn 11/join highschool you can apply for a free 11-15s oyster card?! A 5 year old paying for the bus is ridiculous lol! x

I think it depends on the area? Around here under 5's can get the bus for free. I remember being about 6/7, my auntie was taking me shopping and she told me that if the bus driver asks to say I'm 5. I've always been small so would have got away with it, bad auntie!:haha:

Yeah just checked, in london on metro buses you can go free until 11 and then get a free travel 11-15s oyster x

I knew it was either 4 or 5, it doesn't seem to be four anywhere though so I guess it's five :)

its 5 here, and under 16s in school get on free on london buses.

my mum used to say we were younger. i think i got on free till i was 7 :lol: same with kid fairs on the train! x

under 16s? Then I could still go free on the bus since I am always getting ID'ed for buying beer xD

Here under 6 to 14 year olds pay a fraction of the adult price and from 14 on they pay the full price.

Under 5's are free, Under 14's pay half fare, then it's full price over that (unless it's the school bus then it's upto 16 pay half price I think...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->