paypal dispute please help!

babydevil1989

Reaction score
i sold a football shirt on ebay 2 weeks ago for £79 + £15 postage to some bloke in hong kong (although my ebay says i dont allow oversea bidders grrr!!)

anyway i took pctures of the shirt and everything before i sent it just in case.

hes now opened a dispute on paypal saying its a fake shirt (which its not but how are you supposed to prove that!!) and he now wants a £93 refund.

my question - do i have to refund the postage seen as i've already paid it?

he is going to send the shirt back to me before i refund him the money but paypal have already 'taken' £93 out of my paypal.

arghhhhhh!! im only ever sending to uk from now on poxy stupid ebay!!!

you'll be lucky to see a return of that shirt if PayPal have already taken the money back off you. I don't know what to suggest really, did you buy the shirt from a shop and have a receipt?

they havnt taken it they have just held it like they always do if you open a claim. i did buy the shirt from a shop in 2002 tho so no longer have the receipt!! iv told him il refund once i have the shirt back again. but dont really want to refund postage as £15 is a lot of money to us!!

You may have to chalk this £15 up to experience. If you do get the shirt back. In the past, if ebay have upheld a claim for counterfeit goods, they've asked the buyer to destroy it rather than returning for a refund. This tends to be for things like designer handbags though so you may be okay.

I'd suggest tightening up your buyer preferences on ebay, as simply putting 'uk buyers only' on your listing isn't enough I'm afraid. Some people don't read the listing properly or they do but bid anyway. Sorting out your buyer preferences should stop this from happening.

Hope everything works out for you. It's a shame some people have to ruin ebay for everyone for the sake of a few quid. He's probably hoping that you offer him a partial refund or something, the cheeky bugger.

looks like im better off just giving the postage refund.

i would be really annoyed if they did tell him to destroy it - its worth £80!!

iv given him my address and hes agreed to post it back so hopefully i get it soon - i will definitely be changing my preferences and probably not use ebay for a while!

I just hope he sends you the top you sent out. He may well send you a counterfeit top in return which would leave you in a rubbish position. :/

Worst part is you cant even give them a negative... They could do this to everybody and you would never know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->