PCOS advice/help!

bluestars

Reaction score
I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years in Nov, Was told it would be difficult to become pregnant but we where lucky enough to be blessed with our boys. Unfortunately they passed away :cry: . We are having difficulty in TTC after our loss. I missed my last appointment with my consultant due to being in hosp while pregnant. I am waiting for another appointment to come through.

First appointment was the diagnosis and havent been back since we began TTC. yet!

My question is: What medication did Doc put you on to help conceive? What worked best ?

Also has anyone with pcos tried any other methods to help conceive (except temp, opks).

I know its a random question but if i hear that one things helped more people then i can suggest them to him and see what he says.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! <3

I have PCOS and have two kids - their are different levels of PCOS, mine is considered moderate in that I do ovulate - maybe not every month but I do, but I still have acne, hard time loosing weight, body hair, and my hormones are messed up enough to throw off OPKs. I used to have long iregular cycles too until I started taking Motherward and Stinging Nettle tincture the first 2 weeks of my cycle. (always talk to your doc before trying new medicin, natural or not)

I have PCOS and have two kids - their are different levels of PCOS, mine is considered moderate in that I do ovulate - maybe not every month but I do, but I still have acne, hard time loosing weight, body hair, and my hormones are messed up enough to throw off OPKs. I used to have long iregular cycles too until I started taking Motherward and Stinging Nettle tincture the first 2 weeks of my cycle. (always talk to your doc before trying new medicin, natural or not)

Thanks for your reply honey. Consultant never mentioned anything about levels of PCOS. I have not yet ever had a positive opk. However i must ovulate at some point as i have fallen pregnant before. I would go on any meds before talking to doc. wouldnt want to make anything worse than it already is xxx

I was diagnosed with pcos in 2009. I tried for my son for 5 years naturally and then my ob prescribed clomid on cd 3-7 for 3 cycles and meds to start my cycle. After my last cycle I was devastated when I saw the bfn on the stick. I gave up and quit worrying then the next month when my period never showed and I found out I was pregnant with my now 10 month old son :) Thats all I have ever been on and since I gave birth to my son I've started loosing weight and all so hoping to eventually conceive on my own. Good luck!

I was diagnosed with pcos in 2009. I tried for my son for 5 years naturally and then my ob prescribed clomid on cd 3-7 for 3 cycles and meds to start my cycle. After my last cycle I was devastated when I saw the bfn on the stick. I gave up and quit worrying then the next month when my period never showed and I found out I was pregnant with my now 10 month old son :) Thats all I have ever been on and since I gave birth to my son I've started loosing weight and all so hoping to eventually conceive on my own. Good luck!

Thank you mrs. I've heard a lot of wonderful things about clomid. Are you in the UK? xxx

I'm in the US. I also know some women that got put on metformin. My friend has conceived twice on it :)

I'm in the US. I also know some women that got put on metformin. My friend has conceived twice on it :)

Ive been on met too but that wasnt to conceive. It made me feel so sick but I think I would givr it a go again xxx

I would definitely talk to your dr about the clomid. Mine only let me take it for 3 months and I didn't conceive in those 3 months but the month I was off of it. The dr said even though your off of it the first month off your body is still sometime tricked into ovulating and that is how I had my son. It was a wonderful surprise because I lost all hope...

I would definitely talk to your dr about the clomid. Mine only let me take it for 3 months and I didn't conceive in those 3 months but the month I was off of it. The dr said even though your off of it the first month off your body is still sometime tricked into ovulating and that is how I had my son. It was a wonderful surprise because I lost all hope...

I didnt have much hope in the begining. Just feel like my OH and I need some good news for a change. Such a hard year we need something to brighten it up more xxx

Hello, I'm so sorry for your loss. Xxx I have pcos and I'm using progesterone cream with added estrogen, alot of pcos ladies lack progesterone which is why alot of us experience fertility problems and miscarriage. I'm only on my first month of using it but within 4 days I ovulated and I'm now on my tww. I'm on a group on fb which has lots of useful information, if you want to join pm me and I'll send you a link. Xx

Hi am the same i have pcos but i dont ovulate an the doctors havent given me anything to help that at the moment kind of heartbreaking as i just dont know what i can do to help me i have been loseing weight xxx

Hello, I'm so sorry for your loss. Xxx I have pcos and I'm using progesterone cream with added estrogen, alot of pcos ladies lack progesterone which is why alot of us experience fertility problems and miscarriage. I'm only on my first month of using it but within 4 days I ovulated and I'm now on my tww. I'm on a group on fb which has lots of useful information, if you want to join pm me and I'll send you a link. Xx

Hi am the same i have pcos but i dont ovulate an the doctors havent given me anything to help that at the moment kind of heartbreaking as i just dont know what i can do to help me i have been loseing weight xxx

Thank for your reply. I lost two stone during my last pregnancy bur finding it difficult to loose since. Xxx

Im the same bluestars (sorry abit of a delay in my reply) I lost 4 stone to conceive my son, and put on all the weight while pregnant with him, then lost it and then put some back on, lost it...and now I'm struggling to lose again. Im just over a stone (14 lbs) away from my pre preg weight. I've been at my pre preg weight a few times since I had my son, but soon as I get there it starts going straight back on again. x

Hi everyone :flower:

I was diagnosed with pcos in feb (TTC #1 since Aug 2012) just been back to gyno he has now put me on clomid.

My cycles were all over the place but for the last 2 months (so before I started Clomid) I have had 2 normal length cycles! Gyno says its because I have lost weight and I thought that as well as when I was thinner I remember my cycles were more regular.

I think weight can be a big factor for us pcos ladies. It hard losing weight I have lost a stone and a half in about in 8 weeks and although its been tough I think its really helping.

Still no bfp though so thought I would give Clomid a go as gyno suggested!

hugs for you all :hugs:

xx

sorry about your loss blue....

i just wanna encourage ya to be strong ok....

the previous post of lots of useful information....

i to was diag with pcos back in may and the obgyn put me on metformin
that cycle last 36 days and i think i ovulated...

i am now on my second cycle ...

so i wish u can give the met a try again...start off with a small dosage and slowly increase.....
i know the side effects can be hard but i think its worse if u eat carbs and sugar foods....and u might lose the weight as well cause i have noticed weight loss on my part....

so just hand in there deary....:hugs::hugs:

Thank you all for your positive posts.

ebonymama I am sorry for your loss too :hugs: !!

I went to see my doc last week to see if I could be put back on the met. When I was pregnant with the twin I lost about 2-2 and a half stone and once AF came back they came back more regular. Still having difficulty in loosing more weight though. And I don't think I O every month either as opk and temps are off.

He's keeping me off met at the moment to test if I ovulate each month now and then we are going to take it from there.

It's the natural ways for me at the minute. Xxx

I was dx with PCOS last November. I've been on metformin since December, and finally started ovulating on my own after a looooong dry spell in April. I'm now ovulating every month, but I've discovered I have a very short leutal phase (between 8-10 days). This cycle I took Femara CD 3-7 and had IUI with trigger shot. I'm also on Progersterone suppositories to help with the leutal phase. I'm currently 11dpiui and no sign of AF yet, but too afraid to test.

I'd start with metformin. It really did wondrs for me-helped me finay O and has drastically helped with my acne too. Plus, if you end up needing fertility drugs, I hear they tend to work better with PCOS ladies if you also have met in your system. It can take 3-4 months of met being in your system before your body starts to respond though.

Baby dust!

Hey cookie

Thank you. I have joined a fb page that has been useful. Hopefully the blood work will be able to show more light on what's going on. I have heard of a few people using progesterone cream. Is it used internally or externally? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->