PCOS and thyroid issues...

nlk

Pregnant! #1
Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

Today I found out that I also have an overactive thyroid, on top of pcos. Feeling a bit crushed right now, because we were meant to be starting IVF, and now it has to be pushed back by at least six weeks whilst they try and get it under control. I know it's not the end of the world, but the issues of getting pregnant with thyroid issues are getting to me. I've already done 18 months of fertility drugs, and this just feels like another setback. As if ttc wasn't already hard enough with the pcos!

I guess what I'm asking is, are there any girls here who also have this combo? Any success stories? Or any advice at all?

I have PCOS, Insulin resistance, and hypothyroidism, and I was able to conceive naturally (we have ten month old twin girls). We were very concerned that it was never going to happen bc of all of the metabolic diseases. However, I see an endocronologist, and he has been extremely helpful in regulating my thyroid and testosterone levels. It took three years for my body to regulate everything. Also, I conceived when I was eating a low carb/low GI diet, and I was taking metformin and synthroid. It was very frustrating at times sticking to the diet, but it really did make a difference in my hormone levels which led to me having regular periods.

It is very possible to get pregnant with PCOS and thyroid issues if they are controlled correctly. Good luck on your journey!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->