PCOS Buddies (10 BFP)

My husband wanted to start with ntnp from the start. I compromised at 4 months. I did ovulate on my own for awhile after my son's birth though.

My son is a clomid baby. Other than his speech delay (due to hearing issues that are now corrected) he's quite bright. Now that he can talk more he really amazes me with the things he knows. His long term memory is something else too!

DS's head has always measured big for the rest of his body. I always say it's to hold all his brains. :haha:

Well we wanted to do ntnp because of pcos but I read that pcos women are fertile 6months after giving birth. I didn't wanna leave a huge gap and go thru ttc again but wasn't planing to have it this soon. My period literally started at 6weeks and was regular right away but my cycles have always been regular. I can't say my pcos is gone tho, still insulin resistant:(

My last pregnancy I had no sickness , maybe couple days. That's why I'm thinking this might be a girl.

Krissie was the speech delay from tongue or lip tie? Have u got him checked?

Golden- no, he has the same small eustachian tubes that I do. It caused fluid to not drain properly. So he got tubes at 21 months and within a few months he went from 8 words to over 75. He still has some speech errors but those are all developmental now and will come with time.

Glad to hear that he is doing well! I'm so scared that Zayn is gonna end up with speech problems because of his tongue tie. We got it revised but i donno if it reattached.

How is ur pregnancy going so far? Are u feeling sick? I'm still 20lb over my prepregnancy weight! I hope I don't gain as much as I did with the first pregnancy.

So far it's going good. I haven't had any issues other than bad fatigue til 12 weeks. We find out the gender on the 25th of September so I'm super excited for that.

I've only gained 2 lbs so that's okay. I need to be a little better with my diet to avoid the big gain at the end like I had with my son.

Golden, unfortunately i had a rough time with morning sickness with this boy. I've got nothing to compare it to but had 2 IV drips and the doctor said I had HG, although I don't really think so as it did go away eventually. That's good to know about the fertile in the first 6 months thing. Ideally I'd wait at least 12 and I feel confident in knowing Clomid did work fair quickly for us. But I also don't want to go back on the pill so I was hoping to rely on pull out/FAM. I'll think about it when I'm actually ready to be BDing again, which I'm picking will be at least a while after the compulsory 6 week stand down haha.

Krissie, I'm glad your LO is doing so well. I'm a teacher and have had a number of children with similar speech language troubles and they do remarkably well after surgery. I'm sure it's that big brain of his haha

Sarah- just to throw it out there....

Ds was conceived on our first round of clomid. We then did 6 rounds trying for #2. We got pregnant the first round but it was a chemical. Then nothing... we also did femara and nothing... I think 3 or 4 rounds. I'm not sure how common that is though. I do have pretty severe pcos. I'm pretty sure I only got pregnant because I had done 2 months of birth control in an effort to get my body to chill after a year of fertility treatments.

I was do sure clomid would do it's magic just as fast the second time that I didn't worry about it until I felt ready for a second. Now our age gap is way bigger than I wanted. I just keep reminding myself that it will be fine and it was meant to be.

Krissie same thing happened to my friend, she got pregnant first round of clomid like I did and second kid she couldn't conceive no matter what she tried so they ended p doing IVF. Part of my is happy that I won't ever have to go thru that but again ideally I would love to leave 12months gap and then get pregnant. My son was super difficult at the beginning so I was telling my husband that I don't want a baby for five years😂

I'm really gonna watch my diet this pregnancy too, I started gaining after stopping metformin and was literally gaining 2-3lbs per week. I gained total of 68lb and my son was born only 7lbs lol maybe I would lose more if I was breastfeeding. Now I'm 20lbs over and trying to lose weight before the baby is 20weeks. Also I will be on metformin thru pregnancy which will help.

I have my 12weeks scan on September 25!

I only gained 25 lbs with my son but 20 ish of that was the last 6 weeks. I honestly think something was going on because my diet was pretty much the same.

We had been referred to the fertility clinic but we had pretty much determined we couldn't afford that route so gave up. We'd talked for 5 months about not pursuing a second and then bam. Here we are.

20lbs only! That's amazing, were u on metformin?

When we were ttc, ppl kept telling me to relax because stress causes infertility and how it will happen when I least expect it. I guess it's some what true!

Do you know which say you guys had sex? Ours was CD3 so most likely girl ha?

I was on metformin until the last month. So maybe there is something to my weight gain there.

Yea, we dtd 3 and 2 days before o and I think o day. I could totally tell I was ovulating by my drive being so high and tons of ewcm. I actually took a couple opks to confirm for sure.

CD 3 only is crazy! Did you end up ovulating early?

Oh urs can be a boy still since u guys dtd close to ovulation.

I'm pretty sure I ovulated CD15 or 16, I can usually tell when I ovulate so this must be a super sperm that survived for that many days lol Also I was so bloated that month so I did a dollar store test on CD23 if I ovulated early that test would have been positive. Then I was like thank god im not pregnant, it's just a bloat :D but af never started, CD33 I did an other dollar store test and it was positive. Long story short, I feel like it's a girl since girl sperms can last long.

Thanks Krissie, I have thought about this. Especially because DH also had issues so it may not be quite as easy. But part of me feels like if that's what happens then that's what happens. I feel so lucky to have conceived once. Of course we'd love a big family I'd be sad if we couldn't, but it could be worse.

Maybe I'm just thinking I'll get the first one out and then think about number 2 sometime down the track haha.

Thanks for sharing golden. That's hard for your friend.

I've gained about 33lbs since getting pregnant. I lost about 8-9 in the first trimester. I think Metformin would probably help. I think breastfeeding can help but I've got friends who have gained weight because of their massive appetites when breastfeeding.

We BD every day of my fertile window and twice on the day of ovulation and we've got a boy if that's any help :)

Golden- I'd be surprised if you didn't have a girl! That's some impressive sperm!

Sarah- we have male factor too. It sounds like you have a good attitude. I hope #2 comes easily.

My husband thinks it's a boy. He was right for my son so I guess we'll see soon.

Krissie my husband is so proud of his sperm hahaha he is keep saying "that's my boy, survivor" He is expecting a boy again, will see who gets it right. I won't know til November tho.

I was gonna do surprise and not learn the gender til birth but I can't resist lol

Just a quick update before I try and get some sleep.

Bp is up and some signs of preeclampsia and a little less fluid than they'd like around the baby. So I got admitted this morning. It's looking like I'll be induced tomorrow or Thursday (my due date!). I wish I could go home and labour there until I need to be at the hospital, but it is what it is. He's ready to come out but it's such a huge whirlwind and I didn't expect this to be all happening!

Sarah - fingers crossed all goes well. I'm sure you're being well looked after :hugs:
In answer to your cycle question - no idea as I am breastfeeding and taking the progestrone only pill. Really don't want to get caught at the moment. If we TTC#3 it will be in a few years time.

Congrats Golden! Exactly why I'm on the pill :rofl:

I'm gaining a bit of weight now DD2 is 7 weeks old but it's due to the fact I'm eating so much I think!

Just a quick update before I try and get some sleep.

Bp is up and some signs of preeclampsia and a little less fluid than they'd like around the baby. So I got admitted this morning. It's looking like I'll be induced tomorrow or Thursday (my due date!). I wish I could go home and labour there until I need to be at the hospital, but it is what it is. He's ready to come out but it's such a huge whirlwind and I didn't expect this to be all happening!

Sarah I hope everything went well! Keep us posted, I wanna hear ur birth story and how did the breastfeeding go? And maybe pic of ur bubu!

Just updating you all.

I went in on Friday morning to be induced. Unfortunately natural labour didn't start. But I was 3cm and very favourable so I begun my induction with ARM. No one told me how weird it was to be leaking amniotic fluid! A few hours later they started me on syntocin and I was checked a little while later and was 4cm. They kept hoping the synto and I was on the highest dose for a good 5-6 hours. Contractions in my back and 5 in 10 minutes. I managed with no pain relief. They checked me again a few hours later and I was still 4cm.

My midwife said I really needed an epidural (she said she wasn't going to offer me pain relief, I'd tell her when I needed it) but she said it would help me to dialate further. So I got it and the needle hurt so bad. My BO dropped and I felt terrible. They got it back up but after another few hours I was still 4cm. My baby's heart rate was showing signs of distress and he'd turned posterior.

I had an emergency cesearan at 2.03am Saturday morning and he was born with the cord around his neck twice. He needed some help breathing but he was all ok.

The recovery has been grisly. Not being able to take care of your baby when he's crying is SO hard. I was absolutely exhausted from the labour and then thr section. I cried so much and just felt like I had disappointed everyone and myself. His cord had to be clamped straight away and he was away from me for 17 minutes. While he was on the resus table I asked if he was ok but no one would answer me.

Every day has been better than the last but it's been so incredibly hard. In the past few days I've begun to see that it was a life saving procedure for the both of us. He could have been severely brain damaged or we both could have died had we not been living in a developed country. We are taking each day as it comes. They've said I have a 70% chance of a VBAC.

But a positive, my milk has come in and I have a great supply. Almost too good and have had lots of lumps.

I'll be preventing a pregnancy for at least 12 months if not 10 years. I'm not taking any risks.

Sarah sorry to hear that u went thru all that but at the end u are healthy and ur baby is healthy. I was killing myself to take care of my son first days instead of resting and accepting help. I cried and was miserable but now I regret because I didn't enjoy his first weeks. Once he is couple months old, u won't even remember any of it.

I'm glad u have good milk supply and that's gonna be great way to bond with ur baby, he is not gonna care that u weren't holding him when he was first born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->